Pakistan Armed Forces - News & Discussions

Long range high endurance drones, flying for 18 to 20 hours are required to counter them.

These are 40km, I don't think long range is required.

IMHO, high endurance is also not a must -- I expect the next conflict will bring high drone attrition rates on both sides. Just need cheap mass recce drones to maintain 24/7 eyes in the sky and with good backend processing to generate the ground picture for search and tracking.
 
These are 40km, I don't think long range is required.

IMHO, high endurance is also not a must -- I expect the next conflict will bring high drone attrition rates on both sides. Just need cheap mass recce drones to maintain 24/7 eyes in the sky and with good backend processing to generate the ground picture for search and tracking.

During op sindoor, IAF sent the drones which were hovering over Lahore for hours undetected and harrased their air defence systems. Now this trick has been utilized in that sector, but there are gaps and no boundary can be watched 24x7. They are bringing in UAV jammers and other tech due to this reason. India subsequently has to increase the potency of swift reaction EW assets.