Agri-Reform bills

I am from West Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh where over 1 lakh acres of Oil Palm is under plantation. Oil Palm farmers in my district got benefits of these bills when President promulgated them as Ordinances itself.

Before the ordinances came, there used to be 1000 INR difference in price of 1 tonne of Oil Palm between Telangana and Andhra. Even though West Godavari shares border with Telangana, farmers are not permitted to sell their produce in Telangana. When ordinances were promulgated trade barriers were removed and farmers started selling their produce in Telangana. Fear of losing market in Andhra, now factories in our district are forced to give the same remunerative price as in Telangana. For years,farmers are fighting against this price difference between both the states and the nexus between politicians and factory owners didn't accepted the genuine demands of farmers. These reforms ended this injustice.

I am from West Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh where over 1 lakh acres of Oil Palm is under plantation. Oil Palm farmers in my district got benefits of these bills when President promulgated them as Ordinances itself.

Before the ordinances came, there used to be 1000 INR difference in price of 1 tonne of Oil Palm between Telangana and Andhra. Even though West Godavari shares border with Telangana, farmers are not permitted to sell their produce in Telangana. When ordinances were promulgated trade barriers were removed and farmers started selling their produce in Telangana. Fear of losing market in Andhra, now factories in our district are forced to give the same remunerative price as in Telangana. For years,farmers are fighting against this price difference between both the states and the nexus between politicians and factory owners didn't accepted the genuine demands of farmers. These reforms ended this injustice.
Even we( in our family) always have to pay bribe to sent our potatos to nearby district which give us better price then local baniyas. They purchase from us 300-400 per bori knowing fully well that we farmers will be harassed by the police and custom(chungi) and will have to face a lot of hardships just to sell our own produce to a willing customer across the border. They get almost 30-40% excluding the cut paid to local babus and the police

BTW UP Govt don’t buy potatos from farmers.

Last edited: