News BJP MP Nepal Singh says those in army are bound to die, sparks controversy

Infowarrior

Dec 5, 2017
India
BJP MP Nepal Singh sparked an outrage on Twitter when he said those in Army are bound to die. The Indian Twitterati is slamming the MP and BJP for not being able to stop their MPs from making such statements.

IndiaToday.in | Written by Sanjana Agnihotri

New Delhi, January 2, 2018 | UPDATED 10:36 IST

nepalsingh647_010218103022.jpg

BJP MP Nepal Singh (Photo:Screengrab\ANI)

Another Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MP has caused an outrage on Twitter after saying that those in Army are bound to die.
BJP MP Nepal Singh was responding to a question on the recent attack on a CRPF camp when he said "Ye to roz marenge Army mein, koi aisa desh hai jahan army ka aadmi na marta ho jhagde mein? (Those deputed in the Army will die, is there any nation where a man working for the Army doesn't die during a dispute)".
He further added that when there is a conflict in the village then also someone will get injured. MP Nepal Singh asked if there is any device which can zero down the effect of a bullet. "Koi aisi device batao, jisse aadmi na mare? Aisi cheez batao ki goli kaam na kare, use karwa dein" he said.

His comment soon sparked a controversy on Twitter after it was considered insulting towards the Indian Army. Reacting to it, MP Nepal Singh defended himself and said he has not insult the army at all.

"Maine sena ke koi apmaan ki baat nahin ki. Mujhe dukh hai, maafi maangta hoon par maine aisa kuch kaha nahin (I have not insulted the army. I am sad, I apologise but I have not said anything like that)".

Justifying his previous statement, Nepal Singh told the media that he had commented on how the scientist are working to find a device which can protect the soldiers from bullets.
However, the Indian Twitterati is not happy with his comments and is slamming the BJP MP and the party for not being able to stop their MPs from making such statements.