Brahmos Supersonic Cruise Missile : News, Updates and Discussions

3D55 Ramjet engine of Brahmos.
1557203406562.png

Brahmos launch shot from frigate INS Trikand. Second missile cannister open for 2nd brahmos launch in a 2 missile salvo.

1557203480334.png

Video of Army launching land based Brahmins from Car Nicobar Island.
Notice the other launcher on the left that's just sitting there ? This is not a one off fire. It's signaling deployed status of the missile. This, if I am not wrong, would be the first operational battery of Brahmos missile firing from the A&N command. Previous fire tests were basically testing the waters, gathering necessary data for proper long term deployment.
This is a significant development, here is the map of car Nicobar Island and Malacca deployment of extended range Brahmins in these islands will be a nightmare for china in a conflict.
I remember reading somewhere that the land based missiles are already at 450 Kms range, the naval missiles are yet to be extended in range still at 290 kms. Don't know how true that is.
Bro:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Excellent. This should allow multiple engagement bubble overlaps. Meaning in combat an enemy ship is likely to face Brahmos fire from multiple directions. With the improvements in speed and range that's upcoming all I can say is "Good luck"

Notice the other launcher on the left that's just sitting there ? This is not a one off fire. It's signaling deployed status of the missile. This, if I am not wrong, would be the first operational battery of Brahmos missile firing from the A&N command. Previous fire tests were basically testing the waters, gathering necessary data for proper long term deployment.

Yeah for all likelihood, missile is deployed there for some time. Its just that they went public now.
I remember reading somewhere that the land based missiles are already at 450 Kms range, the naval missiles are yet to be extended in range still at 290 kms. Don't know how true that is.

Oops.. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bloody auto correct cheated on me

Excellent. This should allow multiple engagement bubble overlaps. Meaning in combat an enemy ship is likely to face Brahmos fire from multiple directions. With the improvements in speed and range that's upcoming all I can say is "Good luck"

Most likely missiles are deployed in multiple Islands. Due to the thick vegetation, it will be almost impossible to detect them.

• Agree
Reactions: Gautam