Cricket : India vs South Africa 2018

Even if they do, the plan is crystal clear, giving him a rope only long enough to hang himself.
He is the only batsmen in the team to show any ability to play the moving ball (along with Ashwin of all people). Compared to Kohli who is a a walking wicket any time the ball does anything of the pitch or in the air and hasn't learnt anything from the England tour 4 years ahence. His hubris will cost the team dear. But it would be nice to see that arrogant streak wiped off his face (along with Ravi Shastri).

Reactions: Notsuperstitious
Why the hell is RoShit Sharma still getting chances in Tests? He doesn't belong here, certainly not at the cost of a far more technically sound player like Rahane.

What they need to do is stop shunting Rahane around the lineup to accommodate players who don't belong, like Rohit, and instead give Rahane an extended run in the team at a position he's comfortable in.

I also don't understand why Bhuvneshwar Kumar was dropped today.

I can't stand Kohli and Ravi Shastri as coach. Both seem to be arrogant, stubborn idiots who seem to enable each other because they get along perfectly. I liked Kumble much better.
Shastri in particular is quite a peculiar case. He wants the players to be aggressive and show 'intent'(Pujara was dropped from the team a couple of times coz of this). While he himself was anything but aggressive in his playing days.

And then he comes to SA making infantile declarations how India is the best team in the world, it is one of the 'great' teams for winning everything in the past 18 months. LOL

I can't stand Kohli and Ravi Shastri as coach. Both seem to be arrogant, stubborn idiots who seem to enable each other because they get along perfectly. I liked Kumble much better.
After the Kumble episode , its clear that Shastri is just a yes man. Dhawan has always been a poor traveller . Yet he found place in the first test where he shouldn't have been in the test squad to begin with . Ditto with Rohit . He can only bat in a certain position in the team to bring out the best in him . As far as Rahane - the best player of seam in this team- goes , his omission in this test too is going to cost us . Finally , what can one say about Ishant - the ultimate comeback man ?

its clear that Shastri is just a yes man.

That, and it almost seems like Kohli intentionally pushed Kumble out after he got the job over Shastri. And obviously Kohli favored Shastri because he just let him run amok doing whatever he wants and practically doubles as his defense attorney in press conferences when tough questions are asked of or regarding Kohli.

Dhawan has always been a poor traveller . Yet he found place in the first test where he shouldn't have been in the test squad to begin with .

Exactly, Dhawan has no business in tests either (though I don't consider him as bad of a misfit as Rohit). In Vijay, Rahul, Rahane and Pujara we have several top order test batsmen, and none of them should be sacrificed for players like Dhawan or Rohit.

Ditto with Rohit . He can only bat in a certain position in the team to bring out the best in him .

Beyond annoying, he's a bloody diva. I remember when he came back from injury and practically demanded that Rahane (who at the time was part of a very successful opening pair with Dhawan in ODI's) be moved so that he could resume as an opener - since he didn't want to play anywhere else. This was several years ago, I really wish someone with the right cricketing knowledge and courage had sorted him out then itself and told him to either shut up and bat where he was told (I would have sent him to 5 or 6) or sit at home. No clue why he gets treated like a King at the expense of more deserving, harder working players just because he scores the occasional double century against shitty teams like Sri Lanka. He should only be picked consistently for T20's, and in ODI's he should be told to bat where he's asked so in form openers don't have to be shunted around for his sake.

As far as Rahane - the best player of seam in this team- goes , his omission in this test too is going to cost us .

Absolutely.

Ishant - the ultimate comeback man

I don't watch him nearly enough to know how good he is, but I can say for a fact that he never remotely delivered on his promise. I remember first seeing him in that notorious series in Australia where Benson and Bucknor thoroughly screwed India. The way he bowled with venom and the way he was making life hell for experienced Australian batsmen in their home conditions (especially Ponting). He seemed destined for incredible things. I was convinced he'd become one of the best in the world and be the tip of India's bowling attack. But then injuries happened and whatever else it was that happened to him, that prevented him from living up to his promise.

Nonetheless, I'm glad to see India picking 3 quicks and an all rounder like Pandya, rather than lugging around 2 spinners everywhere. If Ishant can resurrect himself, I'd be very happy for him and for India, if not there are other players to pick from. I personally think that the core Indian bowling attack should be 1 spinner (I prefer Jadeja for his fielding, ability to limit runs, and occasional batting), Pandya as De-facto all rounder, and a pace attack of Shami, Bumrah and one more fast bowler (let's call him "X"). X could be Bhuvneshwar who bowled well in the last match, it could be Ishant or maybe Yadav who has improved lately. One other player I like a lot, who doesn't seem to get mentioned and who has practically disappeared is Barinder Sran. I loved his bowling and aggression in that last Australia tour. And he was young too, so if he stays fit and improves over time, I'd love to see more of him, I think he could be the third quick.

Shastri in particular is quite a peculiar case. He wants the players to be aggressive and show 'intent'(Pujara was dropped from the team a couple of times coz of this). While he himself was anything but aggressive in his playing days.

And then he comes to SA making infantile declarations how India is the best team in the world, it is one of the 'great' teams for winning everything in the past 18 months. LOL

He's embarrassing, wish he'd have stuck to commentary.

He is the only batsmen in the team to show any ability to play the moving ball (along with Ashwin of all people). Compared to Kohli who is a a walking wicket any time the ball does anything of the pitch or in the air and hasn't learnt anything from the England tour 4 years ahence. His hubris will cost the team dear. But it would be nice to see that arrogant streak wiped off his face (along with Ravi Shastri).

I wish what u say were true. But their arrogance comes not from performance but from their commercial backers who have invested in them and who BCCI can not take on (as if they want to). Rahane, like kumble may be a performer, but is not "marketable" with a media savvy wife like Rohit and captain of Ambanis team.

I wish what u say were true. But their arrogance comes not from performance but from their commercial backers who have invested in them and who BCCI can not take on (as if they want to). Rahane, like kumble may be a performer, but is not "marketable" with a media savvy wife like Rohit and captain of Ambanis team.
Well they do have performances to back up some of the jarheaded-ness. Ultimately they are bullies. All huff and puff when things are going great but once somebody pushes them back as they will be in this calendar year all their swagger and aggressiveness and intent will wash off.

We are playing on the most sub-continental wicket we could have asked for. No seam or swing. This is the time for Kohli to shine and make a big Double.

Lunch, Day 3. India were 152 behind at the start of the day. Only 48 now. The reason? Virat Kohli is still around, continuing to weave his magic even as those around him provide moments of weakness. 21st century for him, and he's steering South Africa's bowling his way every time he's got the strike. He would have loved to have Pandya's company. Particualrly disappointing, how that partnership ended. Ashwin played his part though, when it started to look dire as he copped a few short ones immediately after Pandya's wicket. At that point, South Africa were within their rights to dream of a 100+ lead. They'll be a lot less comfortable now.

Kholi so far has made 141 not out and has looked a class above the rest......

INDIA 287/8 (85.0 ov, V Kohli 141*, I Sharma 0*, M Morkel 2/52) - Lunch | Match Summary | ESPNCricinfo

Reactions: _Anonymous_
Lunch, Day 3. India were 152 behind at the start of the day. Only 48 now. The reason? Virat Kohli is still around, continuing to weave his magic even as those around him provide moments of weakness. 21st century for him, and he's steering South Africa's bowling his way every time he's got the strike. He would have loved to have Pandya's company. Particualrly disappointing, how that partnership ended. Ashwin played his part though, when it started to look dire as he copped a few short ones immediately after Pandya's wicket. At that point, South Africa were within their rights to dream of a 100+ lead. They'll be a lot less comfortable now.

Kholi so far has made 141 not out and has looked a class above the rest......

INDIA 287/8 (85.0 ov, V Kohli 141*, I Sharma 0*, M Morkel 2/52) - Lunch | Match Summary | ESPNCricinfo

We should have 100 run lead but too many batsmen throw their wickets away. Pujara and Pandaya run outs were unforgiving.

Anyways, wicket is conducive for spin now and if we could halt SA around 200 we can make a match out of it. Anything above 225 to chase would be an uphill task.

We should have 100 run lead but too many batsmen throw their wickets away. Pujara and Pandaya run outs were unforgiving.

Anyways, wicket is conducive for spin now and if we could halt SA around 200 we can make a match out of it. Anything above 225 to chase would be an uphill task.

Didnt see Pujara run out but indeed Pandaya was so amateurish. Look at how the top order caved in. I see so much talent simply not performing. Good job Kholi came to the races!

Vijay average abroad - < 36
Rahul - 38.11
Rohit ambani - less than 20
Dhawan 43.54 (excluding subcontinent less than 29)
Kohli 45
Pujara 36 ( this includes his average of 91 in SL lol, without which it is like 27)

Rahane 53.44 but issues - does not have tattoes,
Does not have glamorous media savvy wife
Does not have ambani backing
Boring hairstyle
Does not kiss kohlis behind ( and did not kiss dhonis too )

Basically kumble like despicable guy.