Cricket : India vs South Africa 2018

If Indian Team stops performing ; it is only then that Selection issues come to the fore

Till then nobody can complain

So Rahane is the flavour of the Month because we need a Quality batsman at the fourth
Position

But No player can really say that his place is secure

It is a Revolving door

There is too much cricket these days

Players will have injury issues and also Bad Form will catch up at some point

So every body gets a chance at some point

We we lost the series due to obvious selection bias. Not sure where you read Sharma performed.

Reactions: bonobashi
Shastri was less of a player and more of a playboy during his player days and now he is more of a Politician and less of a coach.
Once he claimed himself to be boy friend of sebatini..Lol.... He was a good commentator...

Some seem to get more chances than others. Under Shastri it seems some animals are MORE equal than others if you catch my drift. Favouritism exists - its a fact in the sub continent.

When it gets as blatant as this, it invites action.

When it gets as blatant as this, it invites action.

DidN't Jagmohan Dalmiya and Saurav Ganguly act Selfishly as long as it was possible

Both of them had to be literally KICKED out

Players like Laxim ratan Shukla ; Deep dasgupta ; Ashok Dinda (all from Bengal )
all Benefitted from the Position of Ganguly and Dalmiya ; How soever small that Benefit might have been

Reactions: Shashank
Shastri was less of a player and more of a playboy during his player days and now he is more of a Politician and less of a coach.

So Shastri really was like that? I was watching Azhar once (terrible movie with the worst ever casting, btw), and I saw the character that was supposed to be Shastri, and I was amazed, because I'd never heard anything about him being a playboy or whatever.

So Shastri really was like that? I was watching Azhar once (terrible movie with the worst ever casting, btw), and I saw the character that was supposed to be Shastri, and I was amazed, because I'd never heard anything about him being a playboy or whatever.
One of the most talentless players of the game who achieved plenty through sheer grit and grind . The rest is exaggeration .

Reactions: RATHORE
One of the most talentless players of the game who achieved plenty through sheer grit and grind . The rest is exaggeration .

I see, decent commentator too. Can't stand him as a coach though, since he essentially just functions as an extension of Kohli (who I'm beginning to dislike more and more as captain). Between those two, and decisions like picking Rohit "Talent" Sharma; I've lost a lot of interest in the team, and didn't even bother watching any matches after the second Test loss.

I see, decent commentator too. Can't stand him as a coach though, since he essentially just functions as an extension of Kohli (who I'm beginning to dislike more and more as captain). Between those two, and decisions like picking Rohit "Talent" Sharma; I've lost a lot of interest in the team, and didn't even bother watching any matches after the second Test loss.

If being a commentator means one relies on a few stock in trade quotations , then he's a commentator. He had the ingredients of a good coach , a few years ago . I wonder if the good life and the attendant perks with it have dulled it to the extent of him being a handmaiden of VK. It seems so at first glance . Any doubts would be erased in about a years time following tough tours to Australia , England & the crowning glory - the World Cup.

If being a commentator means one relies on a few stock in trade quotations , then he's a commentator. He had the ingredients of a good coach , a few years ago . I wonder if the good life and the attendant perks with it have dulled it to the extent of him being a handmaiden of VK. It seems so at first glance . Any doubts would be erased in about a years time following tough tours to Australia , England & the crowning glory - the World Cup.

Lol, nothing groundbreaking, but I've heard worse. And I really hope he's pushed out before those important matches; at the very least before the World Cup.

Lol, nothing groundbreaking, but I've heard worse. And I really hope he's pushed out before those important matches; at the very least before the World Cup.
Unfortunately for you , he'd be there till the WC-2019. Rather , both of them .