Dassault Rafale - Updates and Discussion

I haven't looked at what they are actually claiming. So far it's all just EW, called by another name.
Of course the stealth fighters also have EW, so in any situation the stealth aircraft would have the advantage of both.
Europe is late to the party. The US had the F117 in 1980
So you're not denying EFT's claim about 'digital stealth', alright that's clear then, because EFT wouldn't spread a 'hoax' since that would actually be detrimental to them. And would destroy their credibility.

Reactions: Rajput Lion
So you're not denying EFT's claim about 'digital stealth', alright that's clear then, because EFT wouldn't spread a 'hoax' since that would actually be detrimental to them. And would destroy their credibility.
I looked at the link now...it says EW making it 'stealthy'. They say it is good. I don't know. In any case it doesn't have stealth airframe. Apple for apple EW, a stealth aircraft would have the advantage.

The Rafale is 20 megabits, and the F-35 is 3,200 megabits
It's obsolete and 160 times slower.

"per second so basically you have two
cables running around for the aircraft
for 21 megabit per second well now we
live in the era of gigabits uh even my
cabling around the office is gigabit
internet so and that and that's and
that's a slow one in commercial terms so
20 megabit is very slow for modern
standards as a comparison the F35 which..
uses a1394b data bus which is 3.2gigabit (3,200 megabit) per
second so if you put all this together
it seems that the aircraft and its
internal datab bus is not capable of
managing the kind of data flow that is
required for a full integration like it
happens on the F35 "

I looked at the link now...it says EW making it 'stealthy'. They say it is good. I don't know. In any case it doesn't have stealth airframe. Apple for apple EW, a stealth aircraft would have the advantage.
As long as the goal is the same, which is to avoid radar detection, then it's all the same to me, especially since the F-35 has never been confirmed to have 'digital stealth' capabilities, right?

As long as the goal is the same, which is to avoid radar detection, then it's all the same to me, especially since the F-35 has never been confirmed to have 'digital stealth' capabilities, right?
You really should google and read lots of stuff to learn. You are making basic errors in your thinking. Earlier it was through that it was deliberate. However now I think it's lack of knowledge and a belief that what you say makes sense.

start with info from the manufacture of the F-35 EW

You really should google and read lots of stuff to learn. You are making basic errors in your thinking. Earlier it was through that it was deliberate. However now I think it's lack of knowledge and a belief that what you say makes sense.

start with info from the manufacture of the F-35 EW
As far as I've read, there are no claims whatsoever about the digital stealth capabilities of the F-35.

As far as I've read, there are no claims whatsoever about the digital stealth capabilities of the F-35.
Americans know all too-well about Active Cancellation. They even tried that in B-2 bomber but were not successful. F-35 Block-4 may include it in its EW package. We've to remember that because of lower RCS and peaks, VLO jets' EW/ECM/EA/AC is lot stronger than jets that carry their payload outside.

F-35 Block-4 may beat Rafale even in "Active Stealth". Uncle Sam's technological prowess must never be underestimated, IMO.

Americans know all too-well about Active Cancellation. They even tried that in B-2 bomber but were not successful. F-35 Block-4 may include it in its EW package. We've to remember that because of lower RCS and peaks, VLO jets' EW/ECM/EA/AC is lot stronger than jets that carry their payload outside.

F-35 Block-4 may beat Rafale even in "Active Stealth". Uncle Sam's technological prowess must never be underestimated, IMO.
Without an official claim from the vendor, it's all just speculation, not fact, this includes the Rafale. To my knowledge, only the EFT has been bold enough to claim such technology.

• Agree
Without an official claim from the vendor, it's all just speculation, not fact, this includes the Rafale. To my knowledge, only the EFT has been bold enough to claim such technology.
@Picdelamirand-oil is an "official" word from France/Dassault about Rafale's Active Stealth. Rafale's Active Stealth continues to evolve in every tranche while EFT, F-35 and surprise surprise even India with its GaN ASPJ pods is trying to follow Rafale's AS.

If it wasn't for the US cutting Russia out of the market through CAATSA sanctions. The Rafale production would only be for the French. If you aren't buying US. You only have the Eurofighter and Rafale. Unless you want CAATSA sanctions

The only thing good about the Rafale is its public relations sales team. It's not the 1960-80's obsolete tech.

Pic's version of selling the bird. F1 is the best, followed by, it wasn't that good but F2 is the best, etc now to F4.1, still the same story. A tarted-up Mirage, with a new name.

While in reality, this is pic defending the Rafale ....

Pretty much all Rafale customers to date have been previous Mirage operators.

Indonesia is the only exception, and to be fair, they have only recently become rich enough to afford such technologies.

The French seem to have introduced this at least a decade ago, if not two decades ago parallel to service entry in 2004-06. It has been demonstrated in India during exercises.

Technological progress since then has made it possible for others to replicate it. So today we can assume the SH, Gripen E, Typhoon and F-15EX are in the process of deploying it in some form or the other. The F-35 is still WIP, but could release this tech over time, as and when its development milestones are reached. It's not a stretch to say India and Korea will also introduce this with their respective jets.

EPAWSS is most definitely America's effort towards fielding SPECTRA like survivability system on their combat jets. It goes one step over SPECTRA and uses GaN tech against current SPECTRA's GaAs. I think it definitely should be able to do "destructive interference" to achieve Active Cancellation.

F-35 Block 4 is supposed to draw inspiration from EPAWSS for its EW/ECM/ESM. Even its radar AN/APG-85 is supposed to be based on GaN tech. @Ryuuma8

I haven't looked at what they are actually claiming. So far it's all just EW, called by another name.
Of course the stealth fighters also have EW, so in any situation the stealth aircraft would have the advantage of both.
Europe is late to the party. The US had the F117 in 1980
Strangely it was the french that invented the first stealth frigate, the Lafayette class. And USA are producing in 2024 non stealth destroyers (Arleigh Burke) for them selves....