Defence Forum India is shutting down !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope All Old Members are Fine and Healthy

I rejoined after 1 year because I thought that soon DFI guys will invade and with so many new Members joining , If there are capacity issues , then some Dormant accounts like myself might be Deactivated 😂

This is unexpected. All those years of contents will be lost.

If possible, please take a copy of the pictures and documents and upload them here.
It's quite unexpected.....

Saving data or say finding and sorting them is gonna be a task (anyone for that matter)... I hope people manage to save the important ones for future use. ... The time spend on collecting them would be wasted otherwise

Are they that bothered about fake news? Were they facing some DMCA or other legal challenges behind the scenes?

I'd be shocked if it was a money thing, I'm sure they could easily crowd fund if they wanted.

This is the second big South Asia defense forum to go down this year >_<

Reactions: screambowl
Probably some legal trouble.
Is this some internal Indian law? Normally the forum isn't responsible and the individual poster can be prosecuted for what he posts. All posts have their IP number saved.

why shut it down? give the passwords of the forum, to one of the mods to carry on. As you know, it doesn't take much money to run a forum, it's all man hours

Last edited:
Is this some internal Indian law? Normally the forum isn't responsible and the individual poster can be prosecuted for what he posts. All posts have their IP number saved.

why shut it down? give the passwords of the forum, to one of the mods to carry on. As you know, it doesn't take much money to run a forum, it's all man hours
We don't know the exact nature of the problem. The owners are being tight lipped about it. There is some talk of the Alpha defence YouTube guy taking up ownership of the site. So, all may not be lost yet. Let's see.

defence.pk remember? many of them made a successor forum but it's lost a lot compared to then
Oh damn. Forgot about that.

DFI had more members so more discussions and threads

Also they had Chit Chat ,Jokes and Socio Political discussions which were free and frank

Reactions: Rajput Lion
DFI had more members so more discussions and threads

Also they had Chit Chat ,Jokes and Socio Political discussions which were free and frank
With Chapri level of discourse with hatred and racism. There are multiple threads just to make fun of other nationalities.

And its so one sided, even a south indian is not welcome as its always broken hindi mixed.

Reactions: STEPHEN COHEN
We don't know the exact nature of the problem. The owners are being tight lipped about it. There is some talk of the Alpha defence YouTube guy taking up ownership of the site. So, all may not be lost yet. Let's see.

Oh damn. Forgot about that.

As Odin said, Asgard is not a place. This could be Asgard. Asgard is where our people stand.

The DFI can be built again from zero; it's always about the forum member

Reactions: Rajput Lion
Status
Not open for further replies.