Goodbye India & Welcome 'Bharat'🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.

South block

Sep 22, 2018
India
Jai Hind! 🇮🇳

IMG_20230815_014517.jpg

Overall, it's a pretty dumb plan to defeat the I.N.D.I.A coalition.

I don't think the coalition will work, BJP will simply win the majority of the votes.

I do not know...

Most countries have an own language name and an English name.

By constitution, "India" has always been an English name for the country and "Bharat" is equally if not more official name of the country.
Republic of India * Bhārat Gaṇarājya are equivalent official names of this country. Just in different languages. English and Sanskrit/Hindi respectively.

The word India comes from Greek Indic which is itself Greek rendering of the word Sindhu, the name of the cradle of Indian civilization in the river bed of Indus or Sindu River. It also used to be the gateway to this geography.

I mean just look at it.

1. Chinese call their country People Republic of China in English OR Zhonghua renming gongheguo in Chinese IS the same thing. Chinese name for China is Zhonghua which is a poetic way of saying China while refering to its history and culture. Much like Bharat or Bharat Varsh refers to India and Indian civilization. Infact the name China comes from Sanskrit pronunciation of Qin.

2. Japanese call their country Nippon. Japan is deriver from this name only, as spoken by traders who used to come to Japan. It went through a number of variations.

3. Germans. Duescheland and Germany.

Naming country Bharat might open a can of worm however. In south india, there may be a push back for what might be percieved as sanskrit or hindi name of the country. It will feed the fear of hindi/north imposition. I will rather not do it.

Here are original copy of Constitution in both languages..

India and Bharat are SAME. Constitution makes no difference in them at all.

1693941734260.png

Reactions: D68
Megasthenese wrote 'Indica'. India has been known as such in west for very ancient times. The name Bharat is derived from king Bharat and Indians have used it since. Both are absolutely parallel. So I am indifferent towards this issue. Both work for me.

This is clearly Modi trying to outwit I.N.D.I.A. Nothing more, nothing less.

Megasthenese wrote 'Indica'. India has been known as such in west for very ancient times. The name Bharat is derived from king Bharat and Indians have used it since. Both are absolutely parallel. So I am indifferent towards this issue. Both work for me.

This is clearly Modi trying to outwit I.N.D.I.A. Nothing more, nothing less.
U saying, its politically motivated move! Changing name of our country to outfit opposition? Do you know what you are talking?

• Haha
Reactions: Shaktimaan
1693973331691.png

Both names are official and interchangeable and are in different languages -- Hindi/Sanskrit and English.

"Bharat" and "India" have always been used officially for our Country in most of the official names and documents.

Bhartiya Prodyogiki Sansthan, Indian Institute of Technology
Bhartiya Nausena, Indian Navy
Bhartiya Rail, Indian Railways
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
Bhartiya Reserve Bank, Reserve Bank of India
Akhil Bhartiya Ayurvigyan Sansthan, All India Institute of Medical Sciences
Bhartiya Prashasnik Seva, Indian Administrative Services

My father used to work in DoT/BSNL in long distance networks. He used to go on petroling the long distance cable networks. All his vehicles used to have "On Government of India Duty" and "Bharat Sarkar" written on it.

The reason why we hear "India" a lot is because Hindi and Sanskrit is not as widely used in official communication. Atleast by the common people. Should we promote Indian languages? Certainly. Should we promote Hindi mainly? I will hesitate at that, I am myself being a Hindi speaker.

Using "Bharat" as the only name for the country will be not the best thing to do. Its best not to shake the boat here. It has been settled matter for a very long time. Let it remain like it. Insist that in ALL official communications, English and an Indian Language name should always be present. Indian Languages should be one of the 14 official languages. Depending upon state in which a document is being made/used, it should bear the language most used in that state. Internationally, English and Hindi may be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.