India finds Lithium deposits for first time in country

Ginvincible

Dec 5, 2017
Ohio

NEW DELHI, Feb 9 (Reuters) - The Geological Survey of India (GSI) said on Thursday it has found lithium deposits for the first time in the country. India has lately been looking to strengthen its supply of key minerals, including lithium, that will be critical for furthering its electric vehicle plans. The 5.9 million tonnes of Lithium inferred resources have been established in the Reasi district of the northern union territory of Jammu and Kashmir, the GSI said in a statement.

=================================
source: Reuters

Reactions: SammyBoi and Abheer
feels like a cosmic prank that this deposit is discovered in J&K. Hopefully it will be used to improve the economty and make the local populace less interested in separatism and violence. Unfortunately, I suspect this will fuel more conflict within the region.

feels like a cosmic prank that this deposit is discovered in J&K. Hopefully it will be used to improve the economty and make the local populace less interested in separatism and violence. Unfortunately, I suspect this will fuel more conflict within the region.
The good news is by the time our bureaucracy gets it's act together to actually exploit these resources, some new technology would've come into the market rendering Li obsolete & not worth the effort.

I kid you not. It's happened plenty of times in the past. Most notably with uranium deposits in India. Out of the many states that reported such deposits the only operational mines are in Jharkhand & AP.

Not worth the trouble, better pay extra and import it. Wouldnt be surprised if lazy b****** start spreading stories that India wants kashmir only for lithium.

NEW DELHI, Feb 9 (Reuters) - The Geological Survey of India (GSI) said on Thursday it has found lithium deposits for the first time in the country. India has lately been looking to strengthen its supply of key minerals, including lithium, that will be critical for furthering its electric vehicle plans. The 5.9 million tonnes of Lithium inferred resources have been established in the Reasi district of the northern union territory of Jammu and Kashmir, the GSI said in a statement.

source: Reuters
Pakistanis coming to claim "Gift from Allah" in 3....2....1.....

1675972239573.png

The good news is by the time our bureaucracy gets it's act together to actually exploit these resources, some new technology would've come into the market rendering Li obsolete & not worth the effort.

I kid you not. It's happened plenty of times in the past. Most notably with uranium deposits in India. Out of the many states that reported such deposits the only operational mines are in Jharkhand & AP.
at least you could say they will be left alone as strategic reserves :ROFLMAO:

Not worth the trouble, better pay extra and import it. Wouldnt be surprised if lazy b****** start spreading stories that India wants kashmir only for lithium.
too late. every internet documentary about india and kashmir will include a snippet mentioning the lithium deposits.