My latest blogpost takes a detailed look at the battle of Longewala, using Indian and Pak accounts.
While the reality is quite different from the movie, there was lot we did (apart from A Company 23 Punjab's defence) that was commendable.
For the serious student of Military history, a lot to analyse. I present 2 alternate scenarios and how I think they might have panned out.
I also look at what happened to the key Pakistani officers after the battle.
Links to the accounts of both Brig ZA Khan (Pak) and Maj. Gen Bajwa are provided.
A recent blogpost of mine, where I do a deep dive into the first stage of the first Kashmir war (Oct 1947)
I look at lessons we could learn and how missed opportunities (lack of contingency planning by the political leadership) may have
cost us a quick victory. I analyse the air lift that saved Srinagar and make some interesting conclusions around it.
I have provided sources, incl links to some that can be read online. Kashmir war 1947 - forgotten lessons