Indian Railways Junction

D0pwADHU4AEEHNT.jpeg

Despite substantial growth in capital investment, freight traffic of railwaygrew at a tepid pace of 2.6% and the total net tonne-km clocked a negative growth of 1.47% between 2012-2017

Reactions: anant_s
Saurav Jha (@SJha1618) Tweeted:
WDG-4 HHP Diesel locomotives are being converted to AC (electric) traction at the Diesel Locomotive Works, Varanasi. The converted class is called WAG-11. Obviously, Chittaranjan Locomotive Works (CLW) is assisting the process. Software validation and testing is underway. ( )
49613419_1239526212881010_4885121095532806144_o.jpg

img20181110wa0006258325.jpg

img20181110wa0005231475.jpg

Wag11.jpg

1551807731257.png

1551807750603.png

1551807772367.png

Could somebody kindly tag abingdonboy if he is on the forum on this thread. I promised him this info sometime back.

Can you tell if we are retaining the Traction motors of EMD into this conversion?
Don't have correct info on this, but i guess they have changed the motors too as existing Siemens motors don't have 1000 HP rating. Will try to confirm from industry sources.

AB is active on other forums. He is not absconding, but he doesn't trust this forum for its pak origin during previous ownership.
He was pretty active on PDF as well before the present team departed to rejuvenate Older Forum & later created this blog. I believe he's active on D F I.

OK Ankit, Traction motors have been retained from WDG 4 locomotive in WAG 11. However owing to increase in current, cooling has been enhanced.

And the features of EMD like creep control etc? And any major subsystem retained ?

The engines of the diesel locos could be possibly put in storage as reserves for the larger fleet of emds.

But i feel WAG11 can be more successful than WCAG3.

Also since the problems in testing of WAG12 last year, nothing new heard on it.

We should now have the 1st 6000hp GE likely delivered by now.

AB is active on other forums. He is not absconding, but he doesn't trust this forum for its pak origin during previous ownership.
Let me assure you this is not even remotely the case. This site has entirely de linked itself from any Pakistani connection, that is explicitly the reason why Older Forum was abandoned.

The reason for my absences is far more mundane than your view, in recent months I have become far far busier so have little free time as of now but rest assured I remain committed to this forum and these subjects.

Let me assure you this is not even remotely the case. This site has entirely de linked itself from any *censored* connection, that is explicitly the reason why Older Forum was abandoned.

The reason for my absences is far more mundane than your view, in recent months I have become far far busier so have little free time as of now but rest assured I remain committed to this forum and these subjects.

That is what .. would have launched the hunt to find you ...

How is the flying? Done?

Reactions: Abingdonboy
Pak ownership of this? Eh? What nonsense!
You don't know???? What the hell....

My actual name is Al badar Al Khalid Hafiz abdulla Khan......

Parikrama Name is Shabaz taseer Haji... actually has been injured in Surgical strike.... If you watch Uri Movie they do mention about him.....Currently he is been under the protection of Unnamed units in Assam....
@Pundrick