International Soccer: Premier League, Lal Liga, Champions League, Country Football et al Discussions

Ramos: “We’d be nothing without the fans and on Wednesday we will need their help”

Real Madrid captain, Sergio Ramos, spoke to the press after Real Madrid’s thrashing of Real Sociedad. He said that that Bernabéuatmosphere will play a key role in the Champions League clash with PSG: “We’d be nothing without the fans and on Wednesday we will need their help to pile the pressure on our opponents”.

“Any time our teammates get a bad reaction it affects us. We have to give our best, that is what our fans ask of us. Football is all about intensity and attitude and we must never let those two things slip. We have to play in the same way on Wednesday”.

Mentality
“From the first minute the team went out there to play the game, we piled on that pressure and wanted to get the ball off them and keep it in their half. I really noticed our intensity levels and we were in a good goalscoring dynamic tonight. In the first half, we built up a good lead”.

“After how we performed in the first half, I’d be lying to you if I were to say I wasn’t thinking about Wednesday’s game. We couldn’t go the full 90 minutes at that intensity and we had to ease off at the end. We simply had to get that win and build our confidence back up for the PSG game”.

Carvajal: "We head into the PSG game feeling really good"
"It was a very important win ahead of the PSG match. We needed a performance like that right before what's a key game for us. We head into Wednesday's match feeling really good. The Champions League is a competition that we're in with a chance of winning and we'll be fighting and going all out to take the title".

CARVAJAL: "IT'LL BE A VERY EVEN TIE. THIS IS FOOTBALL AND WE'RE REAL MADRID."​
"We were clear that we wanted to go all out for the win, press them hard and make a real statement and we managed to do so. On Wednesday we'll try to begin on the front foot, just as we did tonight. It'll be a very even tie, it's played over 180 minutes and we'll be looking to progress. We don't care about the pre-match predictions. This is football and we're Real Madrid".

Attitude
"The 11 players that start have to work hard, fight and give their all for the shirt, regardless of the system we use. Cristiano Ronaldo is an extremely important player for us and it's good that his confidence has been boosted and let's hope that he gets another hat-trick on Wednesday".

Benzema
"Being jeered isn't nice but he's a player who is able to forget about everything when he's on the pitch. He's very important for us, he's our number 9 and I'm sure that he'll get a lot of goals".

Ramos: “We’d be nothing without the fans and on Wednesday we will need their help” | Real Madrid CF

#HalaMadrid