International Soccer: Premier League, Lal Liga, Champions League, Country Football et al Discussions

European team is assured to win FIFA world cup
France or Belgium might be the favourites as they have very balanced team
English teams are strong but their defence has not been tested much against really capable teams,

England vs croatia should be wondefully creative match

I'm betting the lions would roll in shortly.
I was referring to this:

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

You would think they’d already won it - I can’t even imagine what will happen if they reach the final
It's the furthest we've got since 1990. That's probably why. And we won a penalty shootout too, which is unheard of.

• Agree
Reactions: Superkaif
It's the furthest we've got since 1990. That's probably why. And we won a penalty shootout too, which is unheard of.

Im all for celebrating and having a party atmosphere but some just take it a bit too far.....

and some just forgot they were in Russia where there aint no prisoners taken ;)

Belgium are strong this year too, they may well beat France.

With Lukaku, Hazard and De Bruyne i think you may be right.
BTW Chelsea had De Bruyne and Lukaku on their books - imagine how the twat that let them 2 move on must feel today....

European team is assured to win FIFA world cup
France or Belgium might be the favourites as they have very balanced team
English teams are strong but their defence has not been tested much against really capable teams,

England vs croatia should be wondefully creative match
i have a strong belief that Croatia will beat England and perhaps win the world cup, the team is totally dedicated, they are the underdogs and the players seem to believe in themselves, such teams are known to deliver knockout performances.

Reactions: Superkaif
Both teams have good, young and fit defenders, They are also experienced, Both have a strong midfield that is not only able to control the match but is also creative. The match will mostly about who controls the midfield, The way I have seen it, The French team starts very slowly, and that is the best time for Belgians to score and to be able to hold. Once the French team has weathered the first 30 minutes then the Belgians need to be careful,
The Midfield fight will be that of Pogba, Kante, Matuidi, Tolisso, Nzongzi vs Fellaini, Mertens, Witsel, Dembele Teilemans
Both have strong forwards who can muscle in, Also they have the fast forwards who can make a break through, These teams are equally strong man for man and incidentally, both are NOT KNOWN FOR PLAY ACTING. So I think the play acting is not what we might see.
On other hand England vs Croatia, you might see how wonderfully the english players dive with Young, Sterling and Kane being the top divers. The Ref might have to have VAR on his hand for this one. For many decades England was never this close, and am sure they would go to any lengths this time, as for many of the players this might be the last time they were so good and so lucky

French as on date have the finest counter attack. If they break out, 80% chance of striking a goal. Belgium has been lucky and luck can bring you this far only.

Croatia is good team but see who they will meet in finals. France of Belgium. both the teams have excellent teams Forwards, Midfielders and defence, Rarely has this defence made the mistake, Croatia has a misfiring line. Mandzukic has hardly been on top of any game, On other hand the French and Belgian forwards have scored and created more goals. The English have done well thanks to Kanes luck but how long would Kanes luck last?>

i have a strong belief that Croatia will beat England and perhaps win the world cup, the team is totally dedicated, they are the underdogs and the players seem to believe in themselves, such teams are known to deliver knockout performances.

True, but still you can play with only 11 players, Chelsea was using KdB mainly as winger, where as Kdb is more of less an attacking midfielder who thrives on space just behind the forward for him to attack. Kdb does rarely Swing the ball in for goal like Robben or Messi, its mainly power, straight shooting arrow, and this is mostly possible from 30 deg or so from the goal centre, more on eitherway and the goal keeper will have it covered as the angle becomes smaller. Do look at the strike against Brazil it was a straight cannon shot, that even Allison, one of the top goal keepers in the Serie A and the world could not stop it and it was not a close distant shot, it was just VIOLENT SHOT.

With Lukaku, Hazard and De Bruyne i think you may be right.
BTW Chelsea had De Bruyne and Lukaku on their books - imagine how the twat that let them 2 move on must feel today....

French as on date have the finest counter attack. If they break out, 80% chance of striking a goal. Belgium has been lucky and luck can bring you this far only.
That's true, Brazil just had one of those matches against Belgium where you have two dozen shots on goal and the ball simply refuses to go in the back of the net. Belgium won that match by luck alone.

Im all for celebrating and having a party atmosphere but some just take it a bit too far.....

and some just forgot they were in Russia where there aint no prisoners taken ;)

TBH, if you're actually dumb enough to go to Russia to watch a football match in the current environment, then you're dumb enough to do almost anything really.

Based on the fact that all the favourites are out and nothing is going as expected, it wouldn't surprise me.

I would probably agree with you but I think England have had an incredibly smooth and lucky route into the semi - have yet to see them play well. I think the luck is with the goraay and they may sneak it against 🇭🇷 - I think the final their luck will run out and France or Belgium will make keema out of them

Well football is 90% luck and 10% skill but don't try it without the skill. But heck, we've had enough bad luck in World Cups, this is just karma balancing out, and whatever happens, we can't lose to Germany on penalties, so that's a plus.