LCA Tejas Mk1 & Mk1A - News and discussions

The V's AESA is unlikely to be better than the Mk1A's new radar. And even then that sort of upgrade is far away, probably 2030-35.

Regardless, even if the PAF upgrades the B52 to V in a few years, they do not have access to a better missile than the Aim-120D, which is significantly inferior to the Derby-ER. So the LCA's overall advantage still stands.

The LCA is more suited to BVR than the F-16 anyway. The new Mk1A has an RCS that's 10-15 times smaller than the B52. So the LCA will still see first and shoot first.

All it has to do is fire missiles and run away. You don't need power for that. The Mig-21 has even lesser power than the Mk1A in that respect.

The F-16 cannot make use of their extra power anyway, since they can't breach our SAM rings on their own chasing after the LCA.

Absolutely terrible idea. ORCA is simply in a different class and cannot take away the role from MWF.

We most definitely need a next gen jet, which is why the IAF needs 3 squadrons of Su-57 inducted between 2025-30, before the AMCA comes in. The F-35 is not a particularly realistic option for the IAF, so no point bringing it up.
What will be the rcs of tejas with AAMs on it

In my opinion IAF should not buy more than 83mk1a. If it's up to me I won't even buy one and use existing one for training purpose only and I will give my reasons why.....
Problem with Tejas is that it's way underpowered.
...now pundits say its main role is replacing MIG 21 as an interceptor and for point defence. Point defence against what ? JF -17 lol.
it doesn't provide IAF any major advantage here other than stalemate. Interception against BLK 52 then..... probably will help but if PAF upgrade them to BLK 70/72 standard with AESA it's basically game over for Tejas.
a better fighter jet for interception purpose will not be underpowered like Tejas it's basically a suicide in modern air combat.
MWF could be a better alternative here but a F -16 with AESA will outgunned it even than.
problem with Indian planner is that they do not want to think big and being decisive. They are still bogged down by thing happening on our western border. Pakistan inducting JF-17 doesn't mean we need to induct Tejas for d**k measuring contest... Despite later offering far superior performance. you need something which shatter enemy moral like large number of rafale, F-21, F 35 etc.
Tejas is to late for party.

That's what I mean by packaging technology. West is way ahead of everyone.
you must read this :

Reactions: Shekhar Singh
1590692883962.png

EZFtSejU0AAcEh_.jpg

I personally think the best US fighter for IAF is a heavily modified /modernized version of F15 ex built in India with complete tot, minus the engines. Its a proven fighter with an excellent combat record. It can be our high end air dominance tactical fighter supplementing MKI and acting as a missile or bomb truck with the AMCA given its some what limited internal load capacity. IAF pilots anyhow acknowledge F15 SE has a better combat platform than the MKI when it comes to all the goodies it offers.
Love for America came 20 years too late. MKI fulfills all our requirements including possible nuclear strikes. We are not going to replace it in the next 20 years.

So this is a pointless discussion and wrong thread to do it.

Moved non LCA posts here : MMRCA 2.0 - Updates and Discussions

No it is not , Astra mk2 will be available within 5 years or less if needed

Hope so. But unlikely, if my information is correct.

There are still some issues that need ironing out in mk1.

The reason for delaying it's test is astra mk1 , they want to put it into production before moving onto astra mk2 otherwise , import friendly IAF will find an excuse to discard astra mk1 in the the guise of astra mk2.

Very weird post. Very weird indeed.

Can you tell me the reason(s) why imports take place for IAF?

What are your views on ALH Mk IV program? Why is it still without an ATGM? 🤔

IAF is famous for shifting goal posts for a reason , most clueless branch , most of the time their minds are in the cloud ( now that's ironical 🤣 )

It takes longest time for the first one of its class for obvious reasons , follow on products arrive quicker.

• Haha
Reactions: suryakiran
Love for America came 20 years too late. MKI fulfills all our requirements including possible nuclear strikes. We are not going to replace it in the next 20 years.

So this is a pointless discussion and wrong thread to do it.

Moved non LCA posts here : MMRCA 2.0 - Updates and Discussions
Very disappointed. I thought our keyboard policy experts will buy us 250 gms each of the bestest fighters in the world. Here is my wish list
1kilo Sukhoi taaja wala /No 35 marka
250 gm Rafaeel meteor laga hua
250 gm F15 naya wala
750 gm F21 (sasta F35)
250 gm Euro toophan
750 gm White colour wala gripen

All bestest ladakoo vimaan . Did I miss something. Oh yes saath mai ek do F22 bhi mil jaye to wo bhi. Check karne ke liye🤑

Very disappointed. I thought our keyboard policy experts will buy us 250 gms each of the bestest fighters in the world. Here is my wish list
250 gm F15 naya wala
750 gm F21 (sasta F35)
250 gm Euro toophan

All bestest ladakoo vimaan . Did I miss something. Oh yes saath mai ek do F22 bhi mil jaye to wo bhi. Check karne ke liye🤑
You missed- Heeng Tadka maarkay with extra butter.

Reactions: AbRaj
250 gm F15 naya wala
750 gm F21 (sasta F35)
250 gm Euro toophan

There is one country that is literally trying to do this :) . Look at the recent purchases of Qatar air force:
36 Rafale
24 Eurofighter Typhoon
36 F15 Strike Eagle
9 Mirages already in inventory

There is one country that is literally trying to do this :) . Look at the recent purchases of Qatar air force:
36 Rafale
24 Eurofighter Typhoon
36 F15 Strike Eagle
9 Mirages already in inventory
Qataar is the only true Secular Democracy in the entire Muslim ummah (as per Qatari scholars interview on the wire)
PS: All dishes along with “TOTo and TOTi” phleez

• Haha
Reactions: Gautam

Combination of : 2 Technology Demonstrators(TD) + 5 Prototype Vehicle(PV) + 2 Naval Prototypes(NP) + 7 Limited Series Production (LSP) aircrafts = 16 aircrafts in total.

ACM wanted depot level upgrade of IoC to FoC in BRD..

These other 16 can be taken up HAL..

Will be nice to have 3 FoC squad..

ACM wanted depot level upgrade of IoC to FoC in BRD..

These other 16 can be taken up HAL..

Will be nice to have 3 FoC squad..
HAL would probably want to retain some of those aircrafts for their own tests/experiments. The 2 Naval Prototypes aren't most certainly coming to the IAF. The rest should be fine. So out of 16, IAF should be able to get 10+ if they intend to.

Reactions: Sathya
HAL would probably want to retain some of those aircrafts for their own tests/experiments. The 2 Naval Prototypes aren't most certainly coming to the IAF. The rest should be fine. So out of 16, IAF should be able to get 10+ if they intend to.

It seems, they are trying to convert LSP 8 to MK1A standard along with some SPs. Indranil on BRF was mentioning.

Regarding 16 prototypes, I think the 2 TDs and PV2 are grounded and not used anymore. However, SP6 is still with ADA/HAL for testing purposes as per ada website.

It seems, they are trying to convert LSP 8 to MK1A standard along with some SPs. Indranil on BRF was mentioning.

Regarding 16 prototypes, I think the 2 TDs and PV2 are grounded and not used anymore. However, SP6 is still with ADA/HAL for testing purposes as per ada website.

Yeah totally forgot about SP6
They said it's marked for mk2 development or something..
thats before the concept of Mk1A.

With 10+ we can resurrect some squad in Himalayan high altitude air bases..

Think it's worth is realized more in there.