All these are hear say things

IAF needs Aeroplanes

Without planes you dont have a Air Force

More MiG 29s are necessary for CAPs

When ever tensions rise , you have to fly large number of CAPs

MiG21s are dropping out of the Sky

Why waste Sukhois for CAPs

MiG 29 with New Long range R 77 will help a lot

At the least they should get source codes to integrate our own choice of weapons.. Like derby ERER & Asraam.

Any link to prasun article about 50 might 29?

Last edited:
He said trainers over and above that..

" 1st flight is not important for IAF. 16xIOC fighters are inducted. 16xFOC fighters are in the production line. Once that finishes, Mk-1A will occupy production line. Delivery will start after FOC delivery completes. About 3 years from now.
Trainers are over & above "

--------------------

Yep, the 10 additional trainers.

any info about engine s for mk1A?

It's F404.

Reactions: Sathya
What is IAF ' s main demand

More space for SPJ and more internal Fuel
Capacity

They should have started with MK2 Block 1
Without many modifications and
MK2 Block 1could have been ready by now

The other changes like Internal jammer
AESA and IRST all could be done in
Block 2

MK 1 space is limited and they are going for Many changes in MK 1 A

So delays are Natural

Mk2 Block 1 would have failed miserably. Mk1A was a much better option even if it cannot carry SPJ.

Yep, the 10 additional trainers.

It's F404.
If it's F-404 then where is the ordér?

We had 24 F-404 in hands when the production began. Now with 16 SPs out and 8 on the floor all the engines have been consumed. So what will go in sp25 and onwards or we delay production for want of engines.
Remember till now no new order has been placed with GE for F404. Also GE had stopped the production of F404 if I am not wrong. SAAB produces F404 for Gripen but with lower thrust. Engines have lead time of 2yrs I suppose. HAL is one liar company with no ethics and regards to stick to production schedule.😠😠

We had 24 F-404 in hands when the production began. Now with 16 SPs out and 8 on the floor all the engines have been consumed. So what will go in sp25 and onwards or we delay production for want of engines.
Remember till now no new order has been placed with GE for F404. Also GE had stopped the production of F404 if I am not wrong. SAAB produces F404 for Gripen but with lower thrust. Engines have lead time of 2yrs I suppose. HAL is one liar company with no ethics and regards to stick to production schedule.😠😠

I very also read GE 404 being stopped, but GE website still has the engine display ed

Trainers are being made with engine..
So it maybe in production

I suppose any follow-on orders have slipped under the radar and simply not been reported.

And no, F404 production is still ongoing. You forget that the Koreans are still making their T-50 family and it's still going strong.

I suppose any follow-on orders have slipped under the radar and simply not been reported.

And no, F404 production is still ongoing. You forget that the Koreans are still making their T-50 family and it's still going strong.

There is a chance for the cancellation to go unreported, but very very rare for some thing we have ordered.

Especially when the question ing is going around.

Status Update:

Active Electronically Scanned Array Radar (AESAR) ‘Uttam’: AESAR ‘Uttam’ is an airborne fire control radar for our indigenous fighter aircraft LCA ‘Tejas’. It is a multi-mode radar which can be configured for fitment on different airborne platforms. Shake down sorties were completed in January, 2019 on modified executive Jet hired. Indigenous AESA radar integration and EMI/EMC tests on LCA ‘Tejas’ LSP2 aircraft are nearing completion and flight evaluation is planned shortly.

A bit late but still :

From LIMA19:love::love:
1564926172164.png

Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd will deliver 16 Tejas Mk-1 variant with FOC configuration by the end of this year. IAF is already operating 16+ Tejas Mk-1. IAF is already ordered 40 Tejas Mk-1 & 83 Tejas mk-1A will be ordered by year end luckily. New Tejas mk-1A will be equipped with AESA radar, Self Protection Jammers, long range BVRAAM & other varieties of weapons.

Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd will deliver 16 Tejas Mk-1 variant with FOC configuration by the end of this year. IAF is already operating 16+ Tejas Mk-1. IAF is already ordered 40 Tejas Mk-1 & 83 Tejas mk-1A will be ordered by year end luckily. New Tejas mk-1A will be equipped with AESA radar, Self Protection Jammers, long range BVRAAM & other varieties of weapons.

IAF won't have 16+ IOC2 Aircrafts for sure. If anything,it would be 15 only. SP6 was being used by HAL to complete testing. And no reports have emerged till now that HAL has handed over SP6.

Further, delivering 16 Aircrafts in the span of few months. It will more like be delivery starting from Oct/Nov this year and continuing till April/June of 2021.

After than from Nov/Dec of 2021 to mid of 2022 8 Twin seaters will likely be delivered.

And the first MK1A will come even more later.

• Informative
Reactions: Gautam