Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders signs deal with Germany to build diesel submarines

Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

• Haha
Reactions: Amarante
we should just build more (and bigger) scorpenes.
We should not do anything, let the SSKs retire after they touch age of 45. Let our strength fall to 6 SSKs. By then hopefully SSN production will start.

Seems like the gameplan of BJP which it has successfully implemented for IAF in last 9 years.

We should not do anything, let the SSKs retire after they touch age of 45. Let our strength fall to 6 SSKs. By then hopefully SSN production will start.

Seems like the gameplan of BJP which it has successfully implemented for IAF in last 9 years.

We can't have an SSN heavy fleet. Ineffective and grossly expensive. Unlike the Americans our enemies are immedeate neighbors. Quiet diesel electircs with patrol times of a few weeks with AIP work extremely well for us.

Let me say it loud. Consideting that the French have offered Super Scorpenes and we are moving so slow, unwilling to use the infra created for scorpenes and dragging our decision for years (again)...I think there is commission involved. I suspect an Adani will get the contract to build the subs.