Screenshot (37).png

Screenshot (36).png

Screenshot (35).png

Screenshot (42).png

Screenshot (41).png

Attachments

Last edited:
A country unable to make a 70cc moped engine is teaching a country
Now I have a question for you. Tell me any automobile company which makes 70 cc moped engine? Tell me any sounding rocket you have tested so far? I can't understand why are you studying Indian missiles more than any Indian? Why don't you study some basic automobile technology so that your country can get it's first 70cc two wheeler engine. Don't doubt on India's capabilities. We have reached mars. We are on moon already. We have GSLV mk3. We have sent 104 satellites to space in one go and you ahe seen it's beautiful video with onboard camera. We have tested to send objects in space and bring it back to our preferred location. Can you understand what it means? So plz don't be impatient. We are not testing MIRV because we don't want. When will need it we can make it in a month because we are not required to bring it from somewhere else and paint it green.
Your comment is off topic but i will write a one off reply and wont reply any further on this subject.
In the 60s we had all that. An indigenous automobile industry and extensive engineering works with many countries as our machinery export market. We even used to build ships for china. It was bad management from our political leadership which spelled doom to all that, specially the nationalization of all private firms by Zulfiqar Bhutto in 1972, killed it all. Its not that we are not able to do all that, its a matter of not being allowed to do by our own political elite who have stakes in car manufacturing giants such as Toyota and Suzuki who dominate automobile market in Pakistan and have left no room for local manufacturers.
In India the government had ban on foreign car imports for many decades,providing local manufacturers chance to grow,thats why India has indigenous automobile industry. Without the good planning of Indian politicians that wouldn't have happened. Tata is big today because they had decades to grow in Indian local market without foreign competition. No such joy for Pakistanis. many tried and failed. Even joint ventures failed as Foreign corporate giants were too big to compete with and wanted total dominance and that they got.
Back to the 60s and early 70s. here is a Made in Pakistan Joint venture between Skoda which was then a Czech company and BECO engineering of Pakistan. The company was called Skopak and had Pakistan specific models such as this one.
20090727-181419[1].jpg

Also this was a Prototype 100% indigenous car designed and made in Karachi. In those days Universities used to invest in such prototypes to be sold to local manufacturers.
The engine was a modified BECO water pump engine and the car had a top speed of 65 Kph
16deacbe9ade0fbfcbe079254f3e3750a2355d10[1].jpg

Even later in the 90s under General Zia Ul Haq rule a full fledged heavy lifter Truck was designed and manufactured in Pakistan. It was called "Yasoob" and only 500 were ever built and all still in use with Pakistan army,seen myself. It was a 6x6 on and off road vehicle with 12 ton cargo capacity. 60 % local parts 40% foreign parts. Total 4 prototypes on increased capacities were built. The one i saw was towing a tank, so definitely had much more pulling power than just 12 tons. Again the project fell prey to foreign corporates who offered much cheaper options to Pakistan army. Hino and Nissan are the trucks of choice now.
A picture of Yasoob truck
yasoob.jpg

This is BECO engineering company in Lahore. They manufactured many industrial machinery. All were their own designs and production.

1235542_1419037648307691_929055738_n[1].jpg

This is MV Heitian a 13000 ton cargo ship built in Karachi exported to China. You can read the full catalogue of Pakistan built Merchant ships here
Karachi Shipyard & Engineering Works Limited
The largest was 17200 ton MV Islamabad built in Karachi in 1984,still operational today.

Hetian[1].jpg

Even today if you go to Gujranwala, Gujrat , Sialkot and Faislabad, you will see many high tech companies making totally indigenous household electrical products and exporting abroad. These few cities i named export more than 2 billion USD of products annually. One example of their products is here. You can find many such Pakistani manufacturers. I own a Pakistan made washing machine and it had been working perfectly for 15 years now,and still going.
Super Asia Washing Machines Prices in Pakistan | Buy Latest Models of Super Asia Washing Machines - Self Service Online Supermarket

Likewise Dawlance Appliances company a Pakistani home grown Electrical appliances manufacturer,had 200 Million USD annual revenue in 2015 and growing.

So we are not as backwards as you are made to believe or you want to believe. Its just that our good things don't get advertised.

Pakistan Army inducts locally developed artillery rocket

The Pakistan Army’s (PA’s) artillery corps has inducted a locally developed rocket for use with its multiple rocket launchers (MRLs).

“With [a range of] over 100 km the rocket is a highly effective and potent [weapon] for interdiction that can effectively disrupt enemy’s mobilisation and assembly,” the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), the media wing of the Pakistani military, announced in a 4 January statement.

Pakistan’s chief of army staff, General Qamar Javed Bajwa, was quoted in the statement as saying that the new “A-100 Rocket” shall “augment the existing conventional fire-power capabilities of [the] Pakistan Army”. He also emphasised the army’s resolve to “strengthen conventional forces to meet challenges of full spectrum threat”.

Reactions: Neo
After the operationalization of Fatah-1 Guided MLRS
Video

Pakistan is on the way to develop more advanced Fatah-2 GMLRS
Fatah-1 Range = 140km
Fatah-2 Range = 250km
Fwt2KM1aQAAO88_.jpg

A press release from the army’s Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) wing stated that the weapon is capable of engaging targets with high precision up to a range of 400 kilometers (249 miles), a considerable jump from the Fatah-I’s 140-kilometer (87 miles) range.

Reactions: Ashwin