News Rheinmetall to unveil modern KF41 IFV during Land Forces Conference in Adelaide

R!cK

Dec 8, 2017
Dubai, UAE
Rheinmetall will present its new Lynx KF41 infantry fighting vehicle (IFV) during the Land Forces 2018 conference that will be held in Adelaide, Australia on 4-6 September.

a80c8cff-3404-44c0-856d-6aa322723b78-original-1024x570.jpeg

The head of the recently formed Rheinmetall Vehicle Systems Division, Ben Hudson, said that the Rheinmetall team are excited to show Lynx KF41 and Boxer vehicles to everyone at the Land Forces Conference in Adelaide next week.

The Land Forces 2018 is an international industry exposition to showcase equipment, technology and services for the armies of Australia and the Indo-Asia-Pacific. The conference will be the essential event to access army and land defense decisionmakers and to connect with military, government, scientific and industry leaders from Australia and the Indo-Asia-Pacific region.
The Land Forces 2018 will be an excellent opportunity to once again demonstrate its new development – KF41 infantry fighting vehicle.
The Lynx KF41 is more than just a new, highly advanced vehicle: it is the ultimate future-proof platform, blending unsurpassed protection with massive firepower and unbeatable mobility in a uniquely modular concept, according to a statement issued by the Rheinmetall.

The Lynx KF41 features the latest generation of propulsion technology with an 850 kW (1140hp) Liebherr engine and a proven Renk transmission. A flexible suspension system has been developed by Supashock, an Australian company, meaning the Lynx can be configured to carry various mission kits and survivability packages without compromising mobility. When configured for mounted combat operations with the Lance 2.0 turret and a survivability package suitable for peer-on-peer combat, the Lynx KF41 weighs approximately 44 tonnes. In this configuration it provides class leading mobility due the high power-to-weight ratio of 26 hp/t, while still leaving up to six tonnes of reserve payload for future growth.

92180355-433d-4d27-b052-93167d34e90e-original.jpeg

The Lynx is fitted with the latest-generation Rheinmetall Lance turret, armed with a 35mm dual-feed cannon with air bursting munition capability, and an externally powered Rheinmetall 7.62mm coaxial machine gun to the right, with a pod of two anti-tank guided weapons on the left side of the turret.

Lynx’s ballistic and mine protection packages can be easily exchanged, even in the field if needed, while the full spectrum of threats has been taken into account, including roof protection against cluster munitions. The Lynx KF41 with Lance 2.0 has been designed not only for passive and reactive systems, but also for an active protection system to defeat rocket-propelled grenades and antitank guided missiles.

Rheinmetall to unveil modern KF41 IFV during Land Forces Conference in Adelaide

Reactions: randomradio
The Lynx KF41 is more than just a new, highly advanced vehicle: it is the ultimate future-proof platform, blending unsurpassed protection with massive firepower and unbeatable mobility in a uniquely modular concept, according to a statement issued by the Rheinmetall.

Mmhmm, the defence expo jargon is strong with this one:rolleyes:. Massive firepower? Uh-huh.

DJdUSTiWsAA_AG4.jpg

15726760684_73c0889e2c_k.jpg

5625759d2e2c107f6a1dea9751535f52.jpg

712ef02bebde8fec310e917b8a0c6cd7.jpg

Protection. Sure, why not.

Minetest3.tif

iRuXp9u.jpg

Mobility. Watch me dance, bro.

No remote weapons station? A coaxial machine gun wont cut it during Urban operations when mobility is restricted and you can't bring the cannon to bear.

20170519FR-3323.t591ec65a.m800.xECVYMZq8.jpg

Lynx has a heavier engine, except for Norwegian CV90 MkIII and looks like someone carved it out of a block of cheese, so there's that. But I'd love to see the Germans bring a few to Cold Response to dance around the Norwegian tundras and get a feel for its ability to traverse heavy snow and Northern marshlands.

coldresponse2.t532173e8.m800.xRP3wzLXS.jpg

I'm sure it's a nice vehicle, jargon aside though it's nothing you wont find already on the CV90.

Last edited:
Mmhmm, the defence expo jargon is strong with this one:rolleyes:. Massive firepower? Uh-huh.

DJdUSTiWsAA_AG4.jpg

15726760684_73c0889e2c_k.jpg

View attachment 3023

712ef02bebde8fec310e917b8a0c6cd7.jpg

Protection. Sure, why not.

Minetest3.tif

iRuXp9u.jpg

Mobility. Watch me dance, bro.

No remote weapons station? A coaxial machine gun wont cut it during Urban operations when mobility is restricted and you can't bring the cannon to bear.

20170519FR-3323.t591ec65a.m800.xECVYMZq8.jpg

Lynx has a heavier engine, except for Norwegian CV90 MkIII and looks like someone carved it out of a block of cheese, so there's that. But I'd love to see the Germans bring a few to Cold Response to dance around the Norwegian tundras and get a feel for its ability to traverse heavy snow and Northern marshlands.

coldresponse2.t532173e8.m800.xRP3wzLXS.jpg

I'm sure it's a nice vehicle, jargon aside though it's nothing you wont find already on the CV90.

It makes for a nice export offer for Australia though, considering they already bought the Boxer under LAND 400.