Tejas Mk2 (Medium Weight Fighter) - News and discussions

Another reason why India will never opt for Gripen for MMRCA2.
Best answer to our depleting squadron strength is in more HAL TEJAS and Rafales.

Get as many Hal Tejas in next 15 years as possible (350+) and a good number of rafales(150) to maintain quantitative and qualitative edge over pak and china.
Meanwhile upgrade our Sukhoi fleet with proper radar and EW equipment.

We could add more mid air refuellers and AWACS aircraft for force multipliers.

Aerodynamics (@Aerodynamic111) Tweeted:
The MWF won’t be having Technology demonstrator aircraft nor Prototype Vehicle aircraft in its initial development stage and instead the first aircraft for which metal cutting will start from next year to be ready for first flight by 2024 will be LSP) standard aircraft with ( )

Kindly read the entire thread.

• Informative
Reactions: Gautam
What is the wings arrangement for Tejas 2 ? Delta + coupled canards? Delta + classic tail? other?
Dz0N94TX0AUYYt1

Dz0N94SXgAMerQ_

IMG_20190219_142445.jpg

dz03gwmwkaacw4l-jpg.4439

lca-evolution-png.10372

Reactions: AdityaH2R
Any idea on the armament of Tejas Mk-2? I think by the time Tejas Mk-2 will enter final stages of development, Both Astra RF and Astra IR will be operational in IAF, so air-to-air engagement configuration will comprise of indigenous missiles for sure.

Any idea on the armament of Tejas Mk-2? I think by the time Tejas Mk-2 will enter final stages of development, Both Astra RF and Astra IR will be operational in IAF, so air-to-air engagement configuration will comprise of indigenous missiles for sure.
Yes, Astra and its advanced variants will be available. But IR version based on the same airframe is a no go.

Yes, Astra and its advanced variants will be available. But IR version based on the same airframe is a no go.
Astra IR no go? That's sad.
Well, I read an article on a news site where they claimed an Imaging Infra Red variant of Astra will be developed soon. As IIR missiles are pretty new in this generation and also, CCMs are still important for every fighter jet even after introduction of BVRAAMs.

Nice !
It's better than the tailed version seen some months ago.
We should have aimed for this type of JET TEJAS from day 1.
Good load of payload and combat radius.

Better late than never.
I still believe it won't be joining air force any day before 2027-28/29.
The timelines are just too tight to verify and validate the technology.
The problem of Tejas "1" was that it was studied to replace Mig21 in a point defense mission. Nothing more. And it was probably fully adequat.
But with time IAF needed more and more weapons, range.... and the project became late, specially due to the Kaveri delay.

Yep. Pretty much.

But the goal is most definitely to achieve superiority over Mirage 2000 and Rafale.
Mirage 2000 is one target.
Rafale, twin engined, another far harder.
MWF will go into production by 2026-27.
There will be no TD.
The indian time, for west people is a little bit surprising.... 2026-27 is VERY ambitious.

If the MWF project
Mirage 2000 is one target.
Rafale, twin engined, another far harder.

The indian time, for west people is a little bit surprising.... 2026-27 is VERY ambitious.[/QUOTE
If the MWF project does not hit the production line by 2029, the project will be scrapped as per a **** source.

I think TEDBF will be a new design instead of delta wing configuration like Rafale or Tejas. Maybe something similar to AMCA, that is with horizontal stablizers. Or who knows, maybe they want Naval AMCA to be known as TEDBF.