Tejas Mk2 (Medium Weight Fighter) - News and discussions

More work

1721022106035.png

Reactions: Rajput Lion
New Delhi [India], August 11 (ANI): In a significant development for the indigenous fighter aircraft programme, the 4.5 generation plus LCA Mark 2 fighter jets will start flying by March 2026 and its mass production will begin by 2029.
In addition, the mass production of the Indian fifth-generation fighter Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft is expected to begin by the year 2035, defence officials told ANI.

Even though the programme would now be delayed by around a year, it was earlier supposed to have the prototype ready by early 2025.
The timeline slippage has happened due to the delay in the release of the approved funds, as it was tied to the signing of the deal for engines for the next indigenous fighter.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's all claims till it actually flies.

I am convinced they saw my below post here :sneaky:

One thing I do not like is this repeatedly timeline projection habit when it is well documented that all timelines are tentative and HAL as a company is heavily both import and supplier dependent. In a largely yet to be stable business supply chain condition worldwide it is kinda useless to project exact timelines.

But somehow both the defence audience and media are highly infatuated with timeline projection.

Making something like SPACTRA is very difficult.
EW is one area where we've made giant strides. Our GaN ASPJ may also be able to make destructive interference like SPECTRA to make active cancellation. However, I agree that French are the leaders here and it would take us sometime to match them.
If we are able to get something 70% of SPACTRA, it will be sufficient to put MWF top in class ahead of GRIPEN E.
Definitely👍

EW is one area where we've made giant strides. Our GaN ASPJ may also be able to make destructive interference like SPECTRA to make active cancellation. However, I agree that French are the leaders here and it would take us sometime to match them.

Definitely👍

We can make a Spectra's younger bro in collaboration with Israel. We can do it with France but it will be too costly. They had quoted bloody 5 Bn for the development of Barak 1 Sort of Interceptor. Meteor is also too costly. if you shoot a Pakistani Mirage III like plane with Meteor, Missile will cost more than that Shitty plane. GAN can detect a stealth fighter as well and very capable AESA but it is quite some time away. Many other countries are working on that technology. We need to put it on fast track.

Once Mk2 comes, I want Mk2+ with at least frontal stealth and Proposed Kaveri Mk2 with 75/110 kn engine. That should make it a plane in top of its class.

Reactions: Rajput Lion
We can make a Spectra's younger bro in collaboration with Israel. We can do it with France but it will be too costly. They had quoted bloody 5 Bn for the development of Barak 1 Sort of Interceptor. Meteor is also too costly. if you shoot a Pakistani Mirage III like plane with Meteor, Missile will cost more than that Shitty plane. GAN can detect a stealth fighter as well and very capable AESA but it is quite some time away. Many other countries are working on that technology. We need to put it on fast track.

Once Mk2 comes, I want Mk2+ with at least frontal stealth and Proposed Kaveri Mk2 with 75/110 kn engine. That should make it a plane in top of its class.
Reportedly MK1 did quite well against Typhoon/Rafale in BVR fight owing to its small frontal RCS. IIRC, MK2 should have even a smaller RCS thanks to better materials and RAM/RAP over MK1/A.

If that Mk2+ with frontal stealth is going to be inducted after 2035, then it makes more sense to just go for an air force version of TEDBF.

If that Mk2+ with frontal stealth is going to be inducted after 2035, then it makes more sense to just go for an air force version of TEDBF.

We skipped frontal stealth part to even Tedbf.

Amca nose cone was proposed for tedbf, but changed to Rafale type.