Analysis U.S. Senators introduce amendment supporting CAATSA sanctions waiver for India

Even if we ignore the "big talk" in which program can we do a realistic JV program with them??
Infantry modernisation-maybe we could standardise around the 6.8 but highly doubtful
C-17 replacement- We will be a junior partner in that by a huge margin
NGMBT- we most probably will buy the armata
5th 6th gen planes- F-35 and NGAD is too important to be exported and is off the table for us anyway
At best we could make AEGIS class destroyers with them but even that is crown jewel tech for the Americans.
I realistically don't know any place where we could have realistic JV with them apart from some small non-serious projects like ALUAV and maybe swarm drones..

When it comes to JVs, it cannot be anything big.

C-17 replacement is expected after 2070. We need to be able to make our own by then.
FRCV will be a clean-sheet design. It's too expensive to be just an import. We need the ability to control costs and tech on our own.
I'm not expecting JVs for jets and ships. Even if our relationship improves over time to allow such JVs, we will be able to work on our own by then.

But I am expecting JVs for anything robotic, like drones, AUVs, UGVs, and some types of weapons, including artillery. Maybe surveillance and intelligence assets, that's a maybe.

We do have some cooperation in some places, like satellites, and they are helping us develop our own ISTAR aircraft, but I'll be very surprised if they offer any assistance in military nuke reactors and jet engines.

As for imports, fast forward to 2035, I don't think we will be interested in anything American except IL-76/78 replacement and FVL, and some of this could have European options too.

But it's a sinking ship. We have a plan for helicopter and aircraft engines, I just hope we develop an indigenous gas turbine for ships by 2030 or so, we are far too dependent on the US and Ukraine. I hope to see Brahmaputra's replacement to be a frigate with our own engine.