Ukraine - Russia Conflict

Clear footage of the Russian Pantsir-S1 air defense missile system intercepting a Ukrainian 277mm M31A1 guided rocket, and a US-made HIMARS MLRS has been released. The video of the interception of the M142 HIMARS MLRS rocket was filmed in the Kursk region of Russia. The M31A1 rocket is a difficult target for air defense, since the RCS of the M31A1 projectile is presumably about 0.07 square meters, and it also has a high flight speed. The air defense crew must make a decision and intercept the target within a short period of time. The M31A1 HIMARS MLRS rocket was detected at a range of about 10 km and shot down at a range of 6,200 meters. Two 57E6 Pantsir-S1 air defense missiles were needed to intercept the target.

🤡
looks like russia is either investing in India or buying other currencies like dirham or yuan selling rupee.
Exclusively Yuan and gold and rapidly depleting.

1725388821794.png

To remind everyone of what russia really is, and what the russian values really are:

3/ One prisoner, Andrei, was held for a time in a pre-trial detention centre in Omsk while serving a 14-year sentence for drug offences. The facility, known as SIZO-3, was closed in 2014 after a campaign by human rights activists exposed a litany of brutal treatment. He recalls:​
4/ "It was a terrible place: people were brought in transit and immediately began to be 'broken'. Electric shocks to all parts, suffocation with a bag, hanging – absolutely Gestapo methods.​
5/ "And most importantly, there was no sense in this violence. [It was] animalistic, senseless cruelty on the part of employees who seemed to have gone mad.
6/ "Perhaps this is what distinguishes the colonies of the Omsk region from many other terrible places in the federal penitentiary system: very often there is no sense in torture, inexplicable sadism reigns there."​
7/ In Omsk's IK-7 prison, where dissident Vladimir Kara-Murza was held until recently, Andrei was kept in solitary confinement for three years. He contracted tuberculosis and was transferred to the prison hospital, but even there he was kept in solitary.​
8/ "They sent me to psychiatry, where you also sit in solitude. There you sit in a box where they lock you. By and large, it’s the same cell [as a solitary confinement unit], only the bed is not fastened to the wall. In general, solitude is a practice of Omsk institutions."​
9/ IK-7 already had an evil reputation in the prison system, which was "why the prisoners arrived already depressed, they were afraid in advance. At the same time, torture, of course, remained on a smaller scale. For example, torture with music. I still hate the radio.​
10/ "They turned it up insanely loud. They could put three different wavelengths on different receivers at the same time. Three sources of sound at the same time – unbearable.​
11/ "Personally, they tortured me with electricity. They connect wires to you. They have some kind of machine for generating electricity, but you can’t see it because there’s a bag on your head. They put a cotton swab with ammonia under your nose, or none at all.​
12/ "They connect wires to your genitals. They can hang you from the ceiling. For a long time, first by one hand, then the other – they fasten you to the wall. Every two hours they walk around, changing your hand so that it doesn’t go numb too much...
13/ "For example, we had an employee there who had a favorite saying: like, we need to connect an electric current to your balls so that no one else will be born from you *censored*s."​
14/ Kara-Murza, who was recently freed in a prisoner swap with the West, says that the regime at prison hospital 11 in the Omsk region was the worst he had encountered while imprisoned. He calls the prison system there "something between a camp and a madhouse".​
15/ "There were constant searches there at every step, literally every 50 meters. Hands behind your back. Face to the wall. You can't look at anyone. Every morning, officers come into the cell with huge wooden hammers and conduct a full search."​
16/ Starting in late 2022, prisoners from the IK-7 prison colony and its neighbour IK-6 began to be recruited by the Wagner Group and subsequently the Russian Ministry of Defence to fight in Ukraine. According to Andrei, this is still going on but there are fewer left to recruit.​
17/ "One of my friends from the 'seven' [IK-7] went to the front in 2022. Another one, with whom we shared a cell in 2016, also left. In the first days at the front, his head was torn off. And the first one returned after serving for six months. They are still taking them.​
18/ "In general, now prisoners envy those recruited by Prigozhin. Then you held out for six months and returned with a pardon. Now you will fight until you die or until the war ends.​
19/ "The prisoners themselves tell me that if in 2022 they took 200-300 convicts there once a month, now they take 20-30. There is no one left to transport."​
20/ A Chechen man, Malkho Bisultanov, also went to IK-7 on drugs charges which he says were fabricated. He says that the reputation of the Omsk prisons was so bad that wealthy prisoners would pay bribes to avoid getting sent there.​
21/ "I was far from prison then and wondered: what difference does it make where you go? But it turned out that it is better to part with anything than to end up in Omsk. Each time they torture you with some new method, and you think: probably nothing worse than this can happen.​
22/ But they surprise you again. And they act methodically: they leave the old torture, but add a new one. Of course, they mainly torture in IK-7, where there is a special regime. People are specially taken there for the EKPT [solitary cells], where they can torture in peace.​
23/ "There is torture in IK-6 too, but "Semerka" [IK-7] is just hell. There they torture with both cold and freezing, expose the genitals, shock, hang up, smear the anus with various corrosive liquids, stick various objects in there."​
24/ Bisultanov was subsequently transferred to a penal colony in Krasnoyarsk and found that torture there was practised not only by prison employees but by so-called 'activist prisoners' – convicts who work for the authorities, somewhat like the kapos in Nazi concentration camps.
25/ He was himself tortured with electric shocks, a form of waterboarding, and being beaten on the soles of his feet. According to Bisultanov, prison employees induce 'activists' to torture other prisoners in exchange for vacations, packages from home, and other privileges.​
26/ Bisultanov asked visiting officials why torture was used. One told him that the purpose of torture "is to make a person learn the expression “permit me to run.”​
27/ "That is, so that he would fulfill any demand of the administration at a run, without thinking whether it is legal or not. However, from the neighboring cells you hear that they torture those who already say “permit me to run.”​
28/ "Torture no longer changes anything, but they still torture you. They will leave you alone only when you turn into a sissy [i.e. are raped and become untouchable, other than for further sexual abuse] or decide to commit suicide.
29/ "Vagrants, thieves, A.U.E. [youth gang members] are taken to Omsk to simply break them. As they say, if you are 'sharpened' [come to the attention of the authorities], then they will send you to Omsk to the meat grinder."​
30/ According to prisoner rights campaigner Olga Romanova, prisoners who have served time in Omsk say that "the entire system in Omsk is aimed specifically at restructuring the human psyche. This is not re-education, but the destruction of human dignity."​
31/ Muslim prisoners are treated with particular brutality. In response, many have become radicalised, joined 'prison jamaats' [Islamic prayer groups], and sworn allegiance to ISIS. Two jamaats recently staged bloody uprisings in Russian prison colonies.
32/ Many non-Muslim prisoners have chosen to go to war rather than live with unending torture and degradation. Romanova says that "roughly, about 45% of all prisoners [from IK-6 and IK-7] were taken to war.​
33/ "They are taking more, and people are going, because it is unbearable to be there [in prison]. In war, it is better than in the Omsk zone. It is a chance to avoid torture.
34/ "I want to say that in many colonies torture stopped during the war: you can’t spoil goods for the Ministry of Defence. But in Omsk, nothing has stopped." /end​
Source:​
sibreal.org/a/prosto-ad-poch…​
But no, war isn't a chance to avoid torture. War is just a chance to endure more torture.
2/ Discipline is meted out by commanders and military police for offences including the use of alcohol or drugs, refusal to obey orders, insubordination or travelling without the right permits. While some are taken away to torture facilities, many are dealt with on the spot.
3/ Siberia.Realities describes the ordeal of Alexey Kulyayev, a mobilised man from Novosibirsk, who has been chained to a tree by order of his commander since 26th August. He was able to contact the news outlet using a mobile phone smuggled to him by sympathetic comrades.​
4/ In 2022, Kulyayev was mobilised after being arrested for getting into a dispute with a policeman. He was given a suspended sentence and was sent to Ukraine, where he survived brutal fighting near Kreminna in the Luhansk region. He was allowed to return home in July 2024.​
5/ Due to an apparent bureaucratic error, Kulyayev found himself listed as a deserter in August. "It turned out that my old regiment was disbanded, I was attached to a new one (the 239th regiment) and put on the wanted list." He was sent back to Ukraine despite health problems.​
6/ Kulyayev found that his new regiment, which was stationed near Avdiivka, was terrorised by brutal and incompetent commanders. "I am horrified by the local customs – they drink non-stop, the whole regiment is a mix of conscripts, contract soldiers and recruited convicts.​
7/ "The command walks around drunk and picks on the soldiers, and they treated us, the new arrivals, like shit."​
Kulyayev was equally horrified by how the commanders extorted money from their soldiers and sent them virtually unprotected into assaults.​
8/ "They send us to assault with 1-2 [clips] of ammunition, what kind of cover?! They send us without body armor. Without drones – there is simply not a single working drone here!​
9/ "It’s not just extortions like “let’s chip in for fuel” – they demand tens of thousands to chip in (one company commander of another squad spent 600,000(!) rubles [$6,700] in one day – the soldiers allocated the money to buy uniforms, and he spent it on himself).​
10/ "If it was tough near Kreminna, then here it’s just hell. The survival rate is zero. No one returns from assaults."​
11/ When Kulyayev asked his commander, Colonel Myasnikov, not to humiliate his men, the colonel "responded: "Oh, you are assholes, *censored*ers", his deputy grabbed me by the throat and started to strangle me. And he [Colonel Myasnikov] immediately ordered me to be chained up.​
12/ The same was true for the other guys who tried to stand up for me. At night, when I was sleeping chained to the ground, several people surrounded me – with a gas canister in my face – and started kicking me from all sides: "Count the days, bitch, until your death."
13/ "You'll die in the assault or we'll shoot you and write you off as [a combat fatality]." I don't know why exactly. And I don't know how many of us are chained – all of those who arrived or not. But I see that many of the beaten ones are walking by."​
14/ According to another soldier, a man chained to a tree has to "take a shit in a bag, pee in a bottle. You can't eat, you can't smoke either." Kulyayev's friends managed to smuggle a phone to him on the fifth day of his chaining so that he could get word to his wife.
15/ "Good health, please help, they want to beat us up badly or kill us and write us off, as if we were on a combat mission or something else, regiment 239 military unit 89547 urgently urgently Kulyaev A.V.”, he wrote.​
16/ Despite the fact that "hugging a birch," as it's known, is an illegal punishment, nobody responded to Kulyayev's wife's appeal for help. The wife of another mobilised soldier in the same regiment says that "such procedures are normal there."
17/ "Beat a person, put him on a chain, put him in a pit, threaten to kill him, and then "write off his death as a death in combat". Just for nothing better to do. And imagine if a person refused to fight? Such people are really killed, no prosecutor's office will help."​
18/ Sergei, a friend of Alexei's, faced similar treatment after recording a video appeal to Vladimir Putin. Corruption or incompetence led to his unit being sent rotten fruit and industrial water, which Sergei says “*censored*ed everyone up.”​
19/ The appeal resulted in Sergei's commanders ordering him to be severely beaten, inflicting head and face injuries. For daring to complain, he was tied to a tree and threatened with being thrown "on the contact line" or shot.
20/ Sergei was later "forced to write that he allegedly found rotten fruit with the inscription "for Putin" in a garbage dump and collected it himself in a basket."​
21/ The Russian military has a well-developed military justice system which theoretically bans such treatment. However, brutality is a long-standing tradition in the Russian army, going back to Tsarist times, and "prophylactic beatings" are commonplace.​
22/ Russian soldiers have always faced what one historian describes as "brutal and often grossly unfair discipline". Soldiers are often more afraid of their own commanders than of the enemy.​
23/ Officers in Tsarist times regarded their men "in the light of some sort of cattle, from whom one might demand as much service as one liked, and to whom it was only necessary to grant a very little rest, food, or clothing." Not much appear to have changed since then. /end​
Source:​

The only escape from torture, when you had the ill fortune of being born a russian, is death.
2/ ASTRA reports the story of Mikhail Shchebetun, who volunteered to go to war in January 2024 but died only six weeks later somewhere near Avdiivka in Ukraine.​
3/ His widow Alina says that she was "forced to come to terms with his decision since he was adamant and confident in [Putin's] good intentions in carrying out the Special Military Operation.​
4/ "But then I couldn’t even imagine what kind of hell the decision he made would actually turn out to be for our family!"​
After only about 10 days of training in the Kursk region, Shchebutun was sent to join the 25th Separate Motorised Rifle Brigade near Avdiivka in Ukraine.​
5/ According to his widow, "The last time my husband called me was on 14 February 2024 ... he told me in plain text that this was most likely our last conversation, since they had already been warned that as soon as they arrived at the scene [near Avdiivka], their phones would be taken away. The commander made it clear to them that they were being taken to their deaths."
6/ Alina lost contact with her husband subsequently. After months of making enquiries, she learned that he had been killed in an assault on 9 March.​
7/ She writes in a complaint addressed to Vladimir Putin that Colonel Alexey Ksenofontov, call sign 'Tiger,' "abused alcoholic beverages and being in a bad mood at that moment, sent a huge amount of mobilised and contract soldiers into an assault with a 100% lethal outcome, and…​
8/ …then watched and enjoyed how the Ukrainian Armed Forces crushed our soldiers alive with tanks and threw Baba Yaga UAVs at them! And my husband was among these dead fighters!!!"​
9/ Alina says that she learned that the Russian authorities had considered opening a criminal case against Col Ksenofontov.​
10/ However, "for reasons completely incomprehensible and unknown to me, in the month of April, Ksenofontov A. was awarded the title of Hero of Russia, instead of his due criminal prosecution and imprisonment for mass murder and genocide of the Russian people."​
11/ She questions the legitimacy of Ksenofontov's command and asks: "How long will Brigade Commander Alexey Ksenofontov continue to abuse soldiers, torture them, and deliberately send them to their deaths?​
12/ "And do you think our army really deserves commanders like “Orel” [Andrey Ivanovich Syrotyuk], who, according to information regularly appearing on the Internet, allows himself to cancel [execute] our soldiers who refuse to carry out his and Tiger’s criminal orders,…​
13/ …or a commander like the current Acting Commander of the military unit 29760 Averin D.S. who is not capable of making strong-willed decisions and taking responsibility ... ?"​
14/ Despite her husband's death having been confirmed, she has still not received a death certificate or benefits. Many other relatives from the same brigade, and indeed from other units, are in the same situation.
15/ Coincidentally, the propagandist Vladimir Solovyov filmed a video report on Ksenofontov in April 2024 which was posted on the Russian social network VK. The comments under the story are filled with questions and complaints from relatives of dead and missing men.​

16/ "Dear Alexey, congratulations on your award, we would be happy with you, if not for one thing, we, the relatives of the guys from your brigade, are looking for our loved ones who are listed as missing. And there are a lot of us," writes Kristina Nikulina.​
17/ "Irina, we have been searching since November 13, 2023, 😭😭😭and he, the bitch, receives medals and titles earned with the blood of our sons, husbands. Well-fed and happy.😡😡😡😡😡", says Zinaida Kasharas.​
18/ Elena Kosova comments sarcastically: "How beautiful everything is for you, our guys, husbands, brothers, sons are lying in the fields, and it is easier for you to write off that he is missing in action!!! And none of you respond to our pleas for help.​
19/ "You throw guys three at a time to storm, hoping they will survive, but no, he is missing in action!!! WHERE IS MY HUSBAND!!!!!"​
20/ Svetlana Bogdanova says: "These awards are bloody. The guys are thrown into assaults untrained, without artillery support. Neither 300s [wounded] nor 200 [dead] survive. Where are our children, comrade brigade commander?"​
21/ Svetlana Korchagina demands: "Are you people or not! Why are you showing off? You went and stepped on the edge of war!!!! Why don't you go where our children are thrown into a meat grinder, 5 at a time, to storm with bare hands!​
22/ "And after that you hang bloody medals on the commanders! And I and many others have been looking for months for our children, husbands, brothers! Where is your vaunted support for the families of the participants of your own [unit]!"​
23/ "Natalya Vlasenkova asks where her brother is. "You, Ksenofontov, were his commander. The last time my brother got in touch was October 31, 2023. To date, we know nothing about his fate.​
24/ "This means that you did not submit information to the military unit in time and, accordingly, we, the relatives, have been forced to look for our soldier ourselves for 4 months!! Take off the medal, you do not deserve it!!"​
25/ A former member of the brigade says that he has been "through that hell myself and saw it all. All these commanders will always be hiding in dugouts, getting medals and appearing on TV while the boys are dying for them. About the BP [missing person status]...​
26/ "I'm sorry to tell this to mothers and sisters. They don't evacuate the 300s [wounded] there. If the status is BP, then your relative is dead. That's how this brigade is organised, so they don't pay money to the relatives.
27/ "And in general, they don't like to bother with the dead, as well as with the wounded. It was a miracle that I even managed to get out of that forest on one leg." /end​
Sources:​
🔹 t.me/astrapress/63430​
🔹 vk.com/wall-204308805_12661​

Reactions: BMD
Russia Secretly Buying Sensitive Electronics From India – FT
Sept 4, 2024

Thane_Creek_and_Elephanta_Island_03-2016_-_img27_view_from_Cannon_Hill.jpg

The Nhava Sheva Port, India.

Russia has set up a covert trade route to obtain critical electronics from India for its war in Ukraine, the Financial Times reported Thursday, citing leaked government documents and anonymous sources.

The Moscow-based Consortium for Foreign Economic Activity and International Interstate Cooperation in Industry (Ved MMKP) reported to Russia’s Industry and Trade Ministry in October 2022 that it could spend 82 billion rupees ($976,650) on components previously bought through Western countries.

These components, including parts for “telecommunication, server and other complex electronic equipment,” have both civilian and military applications, making them subject to Western export controls.

Despite Western sanctions cutting off Russia’s access to essential foreign-produced electronics, the country’s military still relies on these components for missiles, drones and electronic warfare equipment.

According to FT, Ved MMKP’s report detailed plans to carry out transactions through a “closed payment system between Russian and Indian companies” to evade Western scrutiny. An unnamed Western official described the consortium as a likely “front” for Russian intelligence.

Russia has amassed Indian rupees from booming oil sales to India amid sanctions, with trade between the two nations almost doubling to $65 billion in 2023.

While it is unclear how Russia executed its covert trade plan, customs filings show that Indian exports of sensitive electronics, as listed in the Ved MMKP’s report, increased significantly from mid-2022.

An Indian company named Innovio Ventures reportedly supplied at least $4.9 million worth of electronics, including drones, to Russia, and shipped another $600,000 worth of goods to Kyrgyzstan, a Central Asian nation that has become a backchannel for Russia’s imports of sanctioned items.

At least one sanctioned Russian company, Testkomplekt, received $568,000 in electronic equipment for use in radio-electronic systems, according to FT.
=======================================
Source: The Moscow Times
=======================================

A different perspective on the growing India-Russia trade. It seems that after Lavrov complained about the Russia accruing Rupees, they've figured out a way to re-invest or at least convert them into something they can use.​

• Informative
Reactions: BMD
russian propagandist Sladkov writes that in russia, "the military profession has lost its value" and that their officer school only recruits about 30% of what they need. He says russia no longer needs stupid people; instead it needs loyal, intelligent patriots. Problem is that anyone who's actually a patriot would not be loyal to a corrupt dictator that is sending its country into the trash. And anyone intelligent has long fled russia.

Ukraine is now using gundrones. Flying rifles.

Useless. If they can't be used inside Russia they are useless since they already have stormshadows, ATACMS and HiMARS that can strike Ukraine occupied land.

Meanwhile this is the latest "explanation" for the fate of the F-16 . The latest silver bullet which was supposed to win Ukraine the war .

Apparently it got cancelled out by another silver bullet & the comedian fired the commander responsible for the silver bullet. I meant the commander responsible for the F-16s here . Or was it the commander responsible for the Patriots ?

Btw how's the Ukrainian assault on the Kursk region coming up ? Advanced into it by another couple of hundred millimetres eh ?

Good good !

Nice work . Convey our appreciation to Slava Ukraini !

Novorossiysk Targeted by Marine Drones and UAVs. Possible Strike on Unknown Target

LOL, more russians protesting. When I say there's no one intelligent in russia anymore, this is a perfect example. These morons haven't yet understood that all that happens when you complain is that they get tortured and executed. If they want justice, they should mutiny, shoot their officers, and defect to the Ukrainian side.

A russian soldier powerwashing the blood from inside a vehicle. Says that shrapnel penetrated the vehicle, killed three out of the crew of four.

Typical accusation in a mirror.

Also lol: