Ashwin

Agent_47
Staff member
Administrator
Nov 30, 2017
Bangalore
IMG_20221128_012836_245.jpg

Aero india date announced

@RASALGHUL , Normally I would ask randomradio when I want to read something positive.. He is like Wikipedia .. will gives us the general idea..
But last few days with HVT involved.. I didn't want to disturb him. So I asked Rajput lion.

If specs are available, I would ask the experts like Vstol but right now an optimist would do..

I think many knowledgeable new members are here.. It would take me some time to identify them..

@RASALGHUL , Normally I would ask randomradio when I want to read something positive.. He is like Wikipedia .. will gives us the general idea..
But last few days with HVT involved.. I didn't want to disturb him. So I asked Rajput lion.

If specs are available, I would ask the experts like Vstol but right now an optimist would do..

I think many knowledgeable new members are here.. It would take me some time to identify them..
My reaction was for the faith you are showing in HAL to Design & Manufacture it in Foreseeable Future.

My reaction was for the faith you are showing in HAL to Design & Manufacture it in Foreseeable Future.

Normally i am pessimistic.. Even with Mk2 I don't believe in any time lines.

But HTT 40 was different, they made if from off the shelf technologies..
So made it successfully.

This one also seems to like that..

Combination of available technology and also production facilities..( eg Metal skin like su 30 )

If it gets some support it ll be successful.

Do you ask questions to resident storyteller to get facts or to get feel good answers?

@Rajput Lion

Your initial opinion on this?

Can we use this bird for CAS?
First of all, let me say that this bird looks beautiful. Almost like a sleek F-16 cousin, lol.

Now coming on to your question. Well, we already have integrated SAAW in Hawk-i. So we are looking for CAS/ground attack duty from it. Hence, it's obvious that HLFT-42 would be used for that role too. It's going to be much more effective than Hawk(s) in that role being bigger and faster.

Plus, we can target international markets with this as a cheap light-weight fighter. Tejas is expensive because of composite use, HLFT-42 is going to be a full metal bird, so much more cheaper for training/CAS/Ground-Attack roles as a light fighter/supersonic trainer.

Man, it warms my heart to see India indigenously design such good looking planes:)

Reactions: Sathya