Delhi Class & Rajput Class Destroyers : Discussions

There is no addition of a heat shield despite the much larger missile.
5.jpg

The heat shield.
Is Brahmos cold launched?
Depends on the version. If it's Vertically launched then its cold launch but if it is slant launched then hot launch.

Legend has it that INS Mysore has bigger heat shields as it was designed for Moskit missiles.
Funny thing is INS Delhi has pennat number D61 whereas INS Mysore has D60. Mysore had better AC facility. Also, they were suppose to carry Moskit but due to Chinese intervention they only carried Kh-35.

The sad part for me is that it could have carried 8 more Brahmos in the same configuration but they chose not to. Also, there is no significant Air defence modernisation. It still carries the same arm launcher Shtil and Barak-1 missile combo.

Reactions: marich01
Is Brahmos cold launched? There is no addition of a heat shield despite the much larger missile.

Legend has it that INS Mysore has bigger heat shields as it was designed for Moskit missiles.
I do not know much really, just that it looked like the setup what BAPL show during expo , slanted side launcher system.

Also, there is no significant Air defence modernisation. It still carries the same arm launcher Shtil and Barak-1 missile combo.

May not matter as much because it will operate alongside Barak-equipped ships. The old ADS can hunt down strays that the Baraks failed to kill. And Barak-1 is suitable as a CIWS. The alternative would have been an expensive and time-consuming modernisation.

Reactions: SammyBoi
Honestly thought we would see the upgrade for the Shtil - 1 in the form of VLS :(

Is INS Mumbai undergoing Upgrades too? would we see an installation for Barak 1?
Most probably they Shtil-1 will be replaced by VL-SRSAM.

I don't know why IN didn't put Barak-1 on INS Mumbai but only the time will tell if she has got the Barak -1 or not as her MLU has also been completed.

You know the strangest part for me will be the introduction of VLS Shtil on Tushil class and going back on arm launcher on Triput class.

Most probably they Shtil-1 will be replaced by VL-SRSAM.

I don't know why IN didn't put Barak-1 on INS Mumbai but only the time will tell if she has got the Barak -1 or not as her MLU has also been completed.

You know the strangest part for me will be the introduction of VLS Shtil on Tushil class and going back on arm launcher on Triput class.
That really bugs me i.e. % of commonality between different older classes of warships is low and is it worst within the same class itself - case in point - the Delhi class before the MLU. Hopefully, the Newer classes are much better

Sorry - Got a bit confused - The Tushil and Triput are all part of the Talwar Class - only one is of Batch 3 and Batch 4 respectively. They share the same design - only differ in Sensor suit and weapons

We do know that the Tushil was an existing hull built for Russia (Admiral Grigorovich class) - and Triput is Built here in India. But yes looking at this closely - the Admiral Grigorovich class is fitted with UVLS, BUT will be passed on to the Tushil - don't know

If you have up-to-date info on this - please share