India-Canada Relations : News & Updates

Indian is a financier of state terrorism. You think Russians should have their own territory in Ukraine, even though they already have a large country, but you think Sikhs should have no country at all.

India labelling terrorists is like Iran labelling terrorists. Your opinions hold less than zero weight in the world right now. They are also hugely hypocritical. You could label an elephant a pig and nobody would give a stone-baked crap.

Last edited:
Indian is a financier of state terrorism.
Take us to FATF then. Let's see how many backers you get.
You think Russians should have their own territory in Ukraine, even though they already have a large country, but you think Sikhs should have no country at all.
Sikhs have a country. India houses more than 75% of all Sikhs in the world. What the Khalistanis are looking for is an exclusive ethnic state.
India labelling terrorists is like Iran labelling terrorists. Your opinions hold less than zero weight in the world right now. They are also hugely hypocritical. You could label an elephant a pig and nobody would give a stone-baked crap.
And yet there was an armada of western opinionmakers writing articles everyday imploring/threatening India to side with Ukraine or else. If our opinions don't matter, then why all that ruckus?

Don't be that salty.

Take us to FATF then. Let's see how many backers you get.

Sikhs have a country. India houses more than 75% of all Sikhs in the world. What the Khalistanis are looking for is an exclusive ethnic state.
Well @jetray and @randomradio have been harping on about Russians having a separate ethnic state in Ukraine for years, even though they already have a huge country just next door, and Sikhs have no exclusive ethnic state at all, so just pointing out the hypocrisy. Sikhs have also been the subject of several massacres in India.

It's hypocrisy.
And yet there was an armada of western opinionmakers writing articles everyday imploring/threatening India to side with Ukraine or else. If our opinions don't matter, then why all that ruckus?

Don't be that salty.
That was to try and stop you financing Russian terrorism through increased imports of Russian oil, nobody gives a sh1t about your actual opinion. And even if they had previously cared about India's opinion, India's position on the Ukraine War would completely invalidate their opinion, so much so that if we ever found ourselves sharing the same opinion on anything we'd begin to question and doubt ourselves.

• Haha
Reactions: Amal
and Sikhs have no exclusive ethnic state at all, so just pointing out the hypocrisy. Sikhs have also been the subject of several massacres in India.
So have the Hindus. Hindurastra for them?
That was to try and stop you financing Russian terrorism through increased imports of Russian oil.
How that work out?
Nobody gives a sh1t about your actual opinion.
Yet my opinion seems to rile you up quite easily. Odd that something that holds no value brings so much reaction.

Reactions: Amal and Parthu
So have the Hindus. Hindurastra for them?
At the hands of Muslims or Sikhs? You've still skipped over the comparison with @jetray and @randomradio 's position on the Ukraine War. Inconvenient that huh? For the record I don't really even care about the Sikh's having a separate homeland, just pointing out the inconsistency of Indian positions.
How that work out?
It worked out with your opinion being invalidated.
Yet my opinion seems to rile you up quite easily. Odd that something that holds no value brings so much reaction.
Just responding to your crap, I have no desire to actually change your mind because I don't care what it thinks. I'm just here for the comedy value of India revelling in self-importance.

Then you'll wonder why you're not a permanent member of the UN yet. Simple, crap opinions. 2 crap opinions is more than enough already thanks.

And then you talk about India labelling Canada a terrorist sanctuary as if it matters to anyone. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
1695560552964.png

1695560592299.png

• Haha
Reactions: Amal and RASALGHUL
At the hands of Muslims or Sikhs? You've still skipped over the comparison with @jetray and @randomradios position on the Ukraine War. Inconvenient that huh?
Not Sikhs perhaps. I don't know what those 2 wrote, I wasn't here for a while. Why drag them into every comment? They seem to be living in your head rent free.
It worked out with your opinion being invalidated.
:ROFLMAO:
What utter nonsense. The success or failure of a govt. policy is not judged on worth of people's opinions. It is measured in money, leverage etc gained.

On the money front importing from Russia has been a very successful policy.

Just responding to your crap, I have no desire to actually change your mind because I don't care what it thinks.

Then you'll wonder why you're not a permanent member of the UN yet. Simple, crap opinions. 2 crap opinions is more than enough already.
The Ukraine war has really run European people ragged. A lot of people I follow seem to have developed some form of derangement.

Here is one guy who thinks we destroyed the Russian economy:

Not Sikhs perhaps. I don't know what those 2 wrote, I wasn't here for a while. Why drag them into every comment? They seem to be living in your head rent free. :ROFLMAO:
Well there's more than 2 holding the same position for sure, plus Hindustan Times. The things those two do to pay the rent is not something I want in my head thanks. :ROFLMAO:

What utter nonsense. The success or failure of govt. a policy is not judged on worth of people's opinions. It is measured in money, leverage etc gained.

On the money front importing from Russia has been a very successful policy.

Only if you're void of morality. Wrong decisions have a habit of biting you back later.
The Ukraine war has really run European people ragged. A lot of people I follow seem to have developed some form of derangement.

Here is one guy who thinks we destroyed the Russian economy:

I wouldn't say it's destroyed, but it's going downhill. The exact effects are difficult to judge because of financial censorship in Russia, and it's not like various generals weren't fiddling the numbers to skim even before the war broke out. If it were a private company on the stock market I would certainly be wary of their stocks and official numbers, which is probably why they're running a 13% interest rate just to hold the ruble at 1 cent.

Russia relies heavily on revenues from oil and natural gas, which in 2021 made up 45% of Russia’s federal budget.

1695561315587.png

Only if you're void of morality. Wrong decisions have a habit of biting you back later.
We have often found that the decisions the West thinks are immoral are often the ones that we need for our national security. Case in point the liberation of goa.

It is a cynical way of thinking, I know. But the war dragging on is directly in our interest.

Ideal case scenario from our POV is that neither the Russians lose, nor the Ukrainians win. If the Russians win, then they might start cut all discounts on their energy exports to India. US/EU would need to pump in a lot of weapons into UKR. US/EU's economies will suffer, then our exports to them suffer.

If UKR wins. US/EU might be able to get energy from Russia at one-sided terms undercutting us completely. Cheap energy might make US/EU's exports more competitive. Thus, our exports will suffer. If both Russian & UKrainian grains make it to the market then our profit margins in the grain market will suffer.

But say if this war drags on for years, our newfound position in the global oil market would probably continue. That would be very beneficial financially. It would also enhance our leverage in the global energy trade. India wants to be a major export hub for green hydrogen in the future. Being a export hub for petrol & diesel is a stepping stone in that direction.

The effects of this leverage are already playing out in our dealing with the OPEC: https://www.livemint.com/news/india/saudi-cuts-asian-premium-after-india-taps-russian-oil-11695235679220.html

If the Russians continue attacking Ukrainian grain ships. Then both Russian & Ukrainian grains would be effectively off the market. That would help us consolidate our position as a major grain exporter.
I wouldn't say it's destroyed, but it's going downhill. The exact effects are difficult to judge because of financial censorship in Russia, and it's not like various generals weren't fiddling the numbers to skim even before the war broke out. If it were a private company on the stock market I would certainly be wary of their stocks and official numbers, which is probably why they're running a 13% interest rate just to hold the ruble at 1 cent.
We paid them in INR for the oil. That money will circle back to our economy.

We have often found that the decisions the West thinks are immoral are often the ones that we need for our national security. Case in point the liberation of goa.
That was a very long time ago and it's not like Goa posed you a threat, you just didn't like it being there, which is understandable.

As regards national security, leaving yourself dependant on Russia, as you have, is a bad decision for it.
It is a cynical way of thinking, I know. But the war dragging on is directly in our interest.

Ideal case scenario from our POV is that neither the Russians lose, nor the Ukrainians win. If the Russians win, then they might start cut all discounts on their energy exports to India. US/EU would need to pump in a lot of weapons into UKR. US/EU's economies will suffer, then our exports to them suffer.
If Russia stays in Ukraine, the sanctions stay. This has already been stated several times by NATO/EU leaders. So there is no winning for them long-term. The rest of the argument makes little sense. More weapons have to be pumped into an ongoing war.
If UKR wins. US/EU might be able to get energy from Russia at one-sided terms undercutting us completely. Cheap energy might make US/EU's exports more competitive. Thus, our exports will suffer. If both Russian & UKrainian grains make it to the market then our profit margins in the grain market will suffer.
Russia is not going to offer us discounted oil just because they suffered a highly embarrassing a55-whooping, where we provided the stick. Meanwhile, the end of the war would likely reduce global grain prices, and you know hunger/malnutrition. Less people dying from malnutrition might also improve the economy since the dead contribute nothing.
But say if this war drags on for years, our newfound position in the global oil market would probably continue. That would be very beneficial financially. It would also enhance our leverage in the global energy trade. India wants to be a major export hub for green hydrogen in the future. Being a export hub for petrol & diesel is a stepping stone in that direction.

The effects of this leverage are already playing out in our dealing with the OPEC: https://www.livemint.com/news/india/saudi-cuts-asian-premium-after-india-taps-russian-oil-11695235679220.html
I doubt green hydrogen will take over from BEV for motor vehicles TBH. India can refine oil but it has very little of its own, China could take over the refining of Russian oil at any time. It's an unstable bet.
Saudi cuts Asian Premium after India taps Russian oil
If the Russians continue attacking Ukrainian grain ships. Then both Russian & Ukrainian grains would be effectively off the market. That would help us consolidate our position as a major grain exporter.
See above point.
We paid them in INR for the oil. That money will circle back to our economy.
Or they just hold on to it, since the INR is currently outpacing the RUB.

As regards national security, leaving yourself dependant on Russia, as you have, is a bad decision for it.
We are reducing our dependence on Russia in most sectors anyway. There will be some random imports when it suits us. But systematically dependence is it is going down.

Currently we have significant Russian dependence on energy & defence sectors. in both sectors we are trying to be more self-sufficient. Might take a decade or two, but we will get there.
If Russia stays in Ukraine, the sanctions stay. This has already been stated several times by NATO/EU leaders. So there is no winning for them long-term. The rest of the argument makes little sense. More weapons have to be pumped into an ongoing war.
My argument isn't about who wins. It's about how long it takes. The longer it takes the more we could milk this situation.
Russia is not going to offer us discounted oil just because they suffered a highly embarrassing a55-whooping, where we provided the stick.
If the Russians lose, depending on the magnitude of the defeat the Americans could just steal their oil. They have done that before. I doubt it would ever come to that. But we are talking hypotheticals.
Meanwhile, the end of the war would likely reduce global grain prices, and you know hunger/malnutrition. Less people dying from malnutrition might also improve the economy since the dead contribute nothing.
Reducing global grain prices to us is a lot like reducing crude oil prices to the Arabs. Reducing prices cuts our margins. As far as reducing malnutrition in the country goes that depends more on if we can maintain a good yield of agricultural production. External factors don't have a lot of effects here.
I doubt green hydrogen will take over from BEV for motor vehicles TBH.
Remains to be seen. But we are investing in both EVs & hydrogen. If not mobility, there could be other uses where hydrogen could prove to be a better alternative. Industrial heating, drying & steam production for example.
India can refine oil but it has very little of its own, China could take over the refining of Russian oil at any time. It's an unstable bet.
China probably has more nameplate refining capacity than us. But we have more excess capacity. That's why our refined fuel exports figures are almost twice their numbers.

The Russian oil import was always supposed to be a short-term bet. The extra money was supposed to give our refiners to have enough juice to diversify. Many of those refiners are using this money for setting up downstream petrochemical plants, industrial lubricant plants. Some are investing in methanol/ethanol & hydrogen. Some are going into EVs.
Or they just hold on to it, since the INR is currently outpacing the RUB.
Either way, it doesn't hurt our current account deficit.

We are reducing our dependence on Russia in most sectors anyway. There will be some random imports when it suits us. But systematically dependence is it is going down.

Currently we have significant Russian dependence on energy & defence sectors. in both sectors we are trying to be more self-sufficient. Might take a decade or two, but we will get there.
Well that's something, but right now your air defence and aircraft are Russian, and the former clearly isn't even any good and the latter not much to shout about either.
My argument isn't about who wins. It's about how long it takes. The longer it takes the more we could milk this situation.
Well, that's a completely immoral position. And after spending the last 76 years waxing lyrical about the immorality of the British Empire, I'd have thought you'd want to avoid such position.
If the Russians lose, depending on the magnitude of the defeat the Americans could just steal their oil. They have done that before. I doubt it would ever come to that. But we are talking hypotheticals.
When did they steal Russian oil? Former KGB members robbed Russia by selling off state assets for pennies on the dollar after the cold war but it was Russian crooks who bought them too. it was an entirely self-inflicted theft. I doubt Russia would collapse just by withdrawing from Ukraine, I'm not even sure Putin would go such is his grip on power. It's not like Saddam left after the Iran-Iraq War ended, or after Desert Storm for that matter.
Reducing global grain prices to us is a lot like reducing crude oil prices to the Arabs. Reducing prices cuts our margins. As far as reducing malnutrition in the country goes that depends more on if we can maintain a good yield of agricultural production. External factors don't have a lot of effects here.
You know, you could use what you're exporting to feed them. High grain prices are like high oil prices, they have a negative affect on the global economy, which eventually sinks all ships.
Remains to be seen. But we are investing in both EVs & hydrogen. If not mobility, there could be other uses where hydrogen could prove to be a better alternative. Industrial heating, drying & steam production for example.
For foundries arc furnaces will takeover.
China probably has more nameplate refining capacity than us. But we have more excess capacity. That's why our refined fuel exports figures are almost twice their numbers.
But what if they just get your share of the oil via some deal with Russia?
The Russian oil import was always supposed to be a short-term bet. The extra money was supposed to give our refiners to have enough juice to diversify. Many of those refiners are using this money for setting up downstream petrochemical plants, industrial lubricant plants. Some are investing in methanol/ethanol & hydrogen. Some are going into EVs.

Either way, it doesn't hurt our current account deficit.
Industrial lubricants tend to come from the oil, so same problem.

Indian is a financier of state terrorism. You think Russians should have their own territory in Ukraine, even though they already have a large country, but you think Sikhs should have no country at all.

You dont get to define "world". Majority of the world population dont care what happens in some irrelevant part of europe.

You call russian actions "state terrorism" but we just dont care. Just like you calling the nijjar canadan plumber.

We entered an Anglo-Saxon nation and allegedly murdered its citizen. And you can't do anything. You dont recognise him of being a terrorist, but it doesn't matter.

Why do you think your UK government is mum? We can potentially do the same in the London suburbs. And once again, all you will be able to do is complain like your Anglo-Saxon ally. Think about that.

Now who is really getting irrelevant?

You dont get to define "world". Majority of the world population dont care what happens in some irrelevant part of europe.
Even less people care about who India defines as a terrorist/terrorist sanctuary.
We entered an Anglo-Saxon nation and allegedly murdered its citizens. And you can't do anything. Think about that. You dont recognise him of being a terrorist, but it doesn't matter.
So did members of Al-Quaeda/ISIS. Great company you keep.
Now who is really getting irrelevant?
You. :ROFLMAO:

Even less people care about who India defines as a terrorist/terrorist sanctuary.

So did members of Al-Quaeda/ISIS. Great company you keep.

You. :ROFLMAO:
So what exactly? Are you going for emotional blackmail now?

Answer the question. Why is the UK govt not making any noise? Why can't Anglo-Saxon anything do againsts our (allegedly) killings and "state terror financing"?

Emojis cant hide your frustration.

yeah yeah every day we send millions of dollars to zelenksy to murder his own ppl and try to kill others. 🤣

yeah yeah every day we send millions of dollars to zelenksy to murder his own ppl and try to kill others. 🤣

That's why your opinions are worth nothing, right there.
So what exactly? Are you going for emotional blackmail now?

Answer the question. Why is the UK govt not making any noise? Why can't Anglo-Saxon anything do againsts our (allegedly) killings and "state terror financing"?

Emojis cant hide your frustration.
I don't need to, anti-Indian propaganda is much like anti-Russian propaganda, it writes itself. On the same page we have one guy talking about prolonging a war to benefit India's economy and another labelling terrorist sanctuaries and then trying to equate providing aid to a country defending itself from invasion with terrorism. Your opinions are a joke, which is no surprise given their origins.

Oh yeah:

• Haha