Indian AESA Radar Developments

Is there a possibility of these panels having different radiating frequencies ? Each panel radiating in different frequency bands ? That would be revolutionary.

Also @Ashwin @BlackOpsIndia can you move this conversation to this thread :

Indian AESA Radar Developments
IMO
Primary one is for search and track
Secondary one is for guidance and the another secondary is for IFF

It is for AD / XRSAM program possibly

Reactions: Gautam
as.JPEG

This was also posted long time back in d f i

It is a new EW pod under development for fighter aircrafts namely LCA etc

Not to be confused older drdo HBJ ( high band jammer ) pod

@mods move it to drdo thread , all my different posts are getting automatically appended into one single post so i had to post it on this thread to stop that from happening . Kindly look into it.

Some EW systems and sub-systems :

TEMPEST :
This is an airborne self-protection jammer system developed for fighter aircrafts. This system has both ECM and ESM resources.
1572630460803.png

Pulsed X-Ku band Helix TWT for Airborne ECM System :
1572630550258.png

Broadband CW transmitter for airborne EW :
1572630617005.png

C-Ku band MPM for Ship-borne EW :
1572630677198.png

Compact EPC for transmitter :
1572630697578.png

Pulsed X-band MPM for Ground based radar :
1572630719664.png

• Informative
Reactions: Nikhil
products.PNG

Radars portfolio
Three BMD radars. First one is well known, the Swordfish. The other two are likely to be improved versions of the swordfish. The third one is similar to the first one in terms of size.

The second one is very interesting. It appears to be quite small and light weight, especially compared to the other two. I wonder if they are planning to put a lighter, smaller version of the BMD radar on future destroyers as a replacement for the MF-STAR. One can always hope.

Reactions: Nikhil
Three BMD radars. First one is well known, the Swordfish. The other two are likely to be improved versions of the swordfish. The third one is similar to the first one in terms of size.

The second one is very interesting. It appears to be quite small and light weight, especially compared to the other two. I wonder if they are planning to put a lighter, smaller version of the BMD radar on future destroyers as a replacement for the MF-STAR. One can always hope.

2nd one is a French radar not a version of swordfish.

LRTRDDD.jpg

LRTR 1 is the original Israeli radar

LRTR 2 is the Israeli radar with Indian software

LRTR 3 is the Israeli radar with Indian software and some indian hardware especially the support systems like the 330 kW liquid refrigerant cooling system for the radar , dual rectifier center for radar power supply , a mind boggling semi mobile 12 MW power generation system for the entire system , localised LCC ( launch control centre ) etc etc

AddText_11-02-12.30.36.JPEG

This one is a completely new Indian LRTR based on the experience gained from the LRTR 2 & 3 and uses many of the subsystems and support systems from the LRTR 3.

Last edited:

The second one is french Thales S-band radar. According to @Arpit

Radar Basics - Master-A

img1082.jpg

• Informative
GAETEC's Capacities, Capabilities & Future Plans

Friday, November 1, 2019

View attachment 11253
View attachment 11252
View attachment 11251View attachment 11250View attachment 11249
View attachment 11248
View attachment 11247
View attachment 11246

The SDR-A developed for use by the airborne manned platforms of the Indian Navy has successfully completed its user-trials and has been cleared for service induction.
View attachment 11245

TRISHUL: GAETEC's Capacities, Capabilities & Future Plans
I love the watermark of Trishul on DRDO issued technical brochures. Don't you ? @Ashwin

hpr.JPEG

first pics of drdo HPR ( high power radar ) active antenna array unit ( AAAU ) ?

In a complete installation there are 4 AAAU's each facing at 4 different directions for 360 degree coverage.

Anyways it kind of looks similar to MFSTAR radar panels , If so what business has MFSTAR in a ground configuration ? Unless drdo took lessons from the same for implementing on HPR .

I leave the questions and answers to you all

View attachment 11519

first pics of drdo HPR ( high power radar ) active antenna array unit ( AAAU ) ?

In a complete installation there are 4 AAAU's each facing at 4 different directions for 360 degree coverage.

Anyways it kind of looks similar to MFSTAR radar panels , If so what business has MFSTAR in a ground configuration ? Unless drdo took lessons from the same for implementing on HPR .

I leave the questions and answers to you all
So has DRDO started reverse engineering too?

So has DRDO started reverse engineering too?

On the topic of HPR how can you call it reverse engineering ?
Shape and external looks are generic based on familiarity or experience with corresponding systems , much of it depends on the configuration of the internal LRUs like the antenna arrays and importantly the cooling systems employed.

FYI the cooling system and it's configuration for the MFSTAR deployed on naval ship masts was designed by drdo with Ukranian consultancy.

Also do you think Israelis will take kindly to drdo reverse engineering their systems ?

This is not how things in real life works out. There are inter governmental agreements which need to be adhered to.

Last edited:
These are the antenna LRUs being used in the latest version of DRDO LRTR and the same is also being used on HPR with necessary modifications

AddTe.JPEG

And this also brings into question the official stated range of 450km of HPR.

Last edited:
Seriously ?
On the topic of HPR how can you call it reverse engineering ?
Shape and external looks are generic , much of it depends on the configuration of the internal LRUs like the antenna arrays and importantly the cooling systems employed.

FYI the cooling system and it's configuration for the MFSTAR deployed on naval ship masts was designed by drdo with Ukranian consultancy.

Also do you think Israelis will take kindly to drdo reverse engineering their systems ?

This is not how things in real life works out. There are inter governmental agreements which need to be adhered to.

Well you mentioned the similiarities in looks to MF STAR.Hence asked.

Reactions: hellbent