Indian Defense Industry General News and Updates

UHM maritime AoN was for 60 right?
Audio was a bit iffy so I am not sure if it was 16 or 60. HAL yet to send full transcript to NSE so once they do I will add from there.
Some more part, LCA Mk1a related.

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (4).png

As per this article regarding IDEX scheme - Representatives of the Defence Public Sector Undertakings like Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) and Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) are sitting on the review committees and are gathering information about the product from the vendors that could be utilised later to be developed by themselves or a large corporate entity. Some small entities could sacrifice their long-term interest as the Rs 1.5 crore offered in the scheme is tempting. But that does not take away its exploitative nature. The second anxiety arises from the ‘March in Clause’ in the contract. The clause stipulates that the MoD could completely take over production and utilisation on grounds of national security.

Reactions: Ashwin
Garuda Aerospace and Naini Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of HAL (Hindustan Aeronautics Limited) . to manufacture Advanced Precision Drones in India for various applications.

Reactions: marich01
I could not screencap everything, so attaching the HAL meeting transcript below which was updated today. Please read through there if you like.
The iffy audio auto writeup is slightly corrected. Some updates on every projects given, well most, except the ruav etc.

Attachments

Are these guns AK-630 or CRN-91?
These are Make 1 systems.
The company has entered into a contract with the Indian Navy for the supply of 10 in number 30 mm Naval Surface Guns (NSG) with Electro Optical Fire Control System (EOFCS) and ammunition at a cost of Rs 248.51 crore.

Canons, FCS & Ammunition, all included.

Attachments

These are Make 1 systems.
The company has entered into a contract with the Indian Navy for the supply of 10 in number 30 mm Naval Surface Guns (NSG) with Electro Optical Fire Control System (EOFCS) and ammunition at a cost of Rs 248.51 crore.

Canons, FCS & Ammunition, all included.
But, the last status update was that the feasibility study was ongoing. Suddenly, how come they can assign a company for the supply of guns.

I am thinking it is either Ak-630 or CRN-91 gun.

" At this point of time,
quantity of 12 is indicated for the
ongoing ship constructions for
which 30 mm NSG is also
envisaged for installation as
weapon fit. The firm number can
be indicated only post
successful trials of the
Prototype- 30 mm NSG in
consultation with Indian Navy.
These 12 ships are of two
different class. "
" Overall NSG IPR has to be held
with an Indian Vendor"

am thinking it is either Ak-630 or CRN-91 gun.

"Gun for firing only NATO
standard ammunition is
acceptable"
We need to find out the status of Under construction Sandhyak. Is she currently moving on her own power?

If yes then the trials of prototype might have happened, and thus the order.

"Gun for firing only NATO
standard ammunition is
acceptable"
We need to find out the status of Under construction Sandhyak. Is she currently moving on her own power?

If yes then the trials of prototype might have happened, and thus the order.
She was 75% complete and will be handed over by October.

I'm so happy, we are getting our own version of Smash/Marlin/DSI 30mm naval surface gun.

She was 75% complete and will be handed over by October.

I'm so happy, we are getting our own version of Smash/Marlin/DSI 30mm naval surface gun.
I just want to see which canon they are using because the project is under make 1 and it's mentioned even by grse that the IPR should be held by India.

Most of the similar NATO systems take the basic Bushmaster canon or the German Mauser Canon and build upon them.

The performance surely would improve over the 30mm bmp2 canon.

I just want to see which canon they are using because the project is under make 1 and it's mentioned even by grse that the IPR should be held by India.

Most of the similar NATO systems take the basic Bushmaster canon or the German Mauser Canon and build upon them.

The performance surely would improve over the 30mm bmp2 canon.
IMO it will be similar to Marlin 30mm gun using the same Bushmaster canon.

10 systems are ordered. 8 will go onboard the SVL class. Rest 2 not sure but probably for Arnala class.

Reactions: Ankit Kumar
IMO it will be similar to Marlin 30mm gun using the same Bushmaster canon.

10 systems are ordered. 8 will go onboard the SVL class. Rest 2 not sure but probably for Arnala class.
Make 1 website says it's estimated 70+ units requirement over time. So all those sub 500 ton patrol vessels in RFI/RFP/AoN phase for Navy & Coast guard, they will potentially get the same too.

Reactions: Fatalis