Kolkata-class and Visakhapatnam-class Destroyers: News & Discussions

No clue. My guess is one is the captain's bridge while the other is an admiral's bridge. The second bridge could play a strategic role that requires isolation from the "plebs" sitting on top. The SFC could operate from there, or Naval HQ leaders making command decisions for the rest of the navy when acting as a command ship. Civilian leaders from the PMO could also operate from there.
Doubt that the visibility from the lower deck would be any good, especially since its located right behind the RBUs. The windows are probably in line with the raised forecastle. But you could be right, these ships do have C2 facilities for senior officers.

Reactions: Rajput Lion
Doubt that the visibility from the lower deck would be any good, especially since its located right behind the RBUs. The windows are probably in line with the raised forecastle. But you could be right, these ships do have C2 facilities for senior officers.

They are unlikely to participate in any tactical operations, so they won't need full visibility like the captain and the first officer, with the exception of keeping an eye out on any weapons equipped with nukes.

Anyway it could also be a bridge meant for the CIC crew, so a team performing fire control could have eyes on the launchers when they are being used.

Reactions: Rajput Lion
20240930_115959.jpg

Yes, those are not yet replenished or not even packed. I can see only 08 ready to fire missiles rest 08 are empty. Sigh ....
Yes, that's what I was thinking. But I have a theory as to where those Barak-8 missiles were used.

The ship seen here is INS Mormugao (D67). Mormugao was deployed in the western Arabian sea region, near Yemen, during the 2023-24 anti-piracy patrol. Recently we have discovered drone kill markings on INS Tabar (F44). Tabar was also deployed around the same region.

I think Mormugao had also engaged some Houthi drones/missiles during her deployment. We should keep an eye out for any drone kill marking on that ship. That could confirm our suspicions.

Reactions: Ironhide and Parthu