LOC Flare up: Related news and Discussions

Get the latest gear.at lease Barrett m95

I predict a lot of broken shoulders.

Ever fired one of these? I have. They're a lot of fun to shoot... and if you do it wrong, a lot of pain. I've seen broken shoulders and collar bones from improper firing technique and usage.

Capture.JPG

Putting them into the hands of civilians wont do a damn thing other then increase the burden on already taxed hospitals and supply lines. Armed civilians are nothing more then a nuisance for professional soldiers.

If you really want to help a war effort donate blood, volunteer with rescue or medical services, make food for internally displaced persons and refugees, give money to aid groups, but don't picked up a rifle because all you'll do, unless you intend to enlist and be trained as a professional soldier, is end up dead.

Seriously, take it from a soldier with experience in Afghanistan, Mali and Iraq, all where we'd (the Norwegian Armed Forces) take up arms against local insurgent groups and militants, some who actually had formal military training and years of experience. When pitted against professional solders the outcome would always be the same. Dead insurgents and we'd walk away to fight again tomorrow.

If GoI wants to implement something in J & K, it seems we have engage Pakistan, local separatists and thier money distribution network and terrorists..

Last time it went like 35A, but ended as balakot strike..

Let's see what's the motive/ target this time..

If GoI wants to implement something in J & K, it seems we have engage Pakistan, local separatists and thier money distribution network and terrorists..

I doubt its 35A this time also. It could be for the elections that are coming soon.

Reactions: Sathya

I believe Doval and for that matter anyone with experience in Kashmir theatre understands that any move on Article 35A and/or 370 will require preparation for the worst case scenario: a full blown civil war.

Now analyze the force build up over the past month in light of this worst case scenario. 40,000 paramilitary troops in support of Amarnath Yatra, to be freed up by Aug 15. Additional 10,000 paramilitary units called up past week and now the additional 25-28,000 troops ordered into Kashmir. That's roughly 75,000 CAPF troops available from as early as next week.

Now consider also the additional Indian Army infantry units that have moved into Kashmir since mid 2016. As many as 30,000 additional troops we're mobilized into Kashmir theatre in 2016-17. If I remember right, another division worth of troops were dispatched in 2018. I'm assuming another division worth to have reinforced Kashmir theatre post Pulwama. That adds up to 60,000 additional troops from the normal troop levels of 2009-2015.

Overall a combined increment of 135,000. That brings the total fighting capable force strength to near historical highs seen in late1990s, when the militant figures were in 2000-4000 active and roughly 2000-3000 EKIAs.

This leads to the question: why does the government want such massive numbers for a militant strength of 100, unless of course the government has reason to believe that situation is likely to head south in short order and number of hostiles are likely to climb beyond the current 90-120.

I can't be absolutely certain, but such large numbers of troops should enable the GOI to sever and isolate individual districts of Kashmir, something vital when faced with a civil war type situation.

I believe Doval and for that matter anyone with experience in Kashmir theatre understands that any move on Article 35A and/or 370 will require preparation for the worst case scenario: a full blown civil war.

Now analyze the force build up over the past month in light of this worst case scenario. 40,000 paramilitary troops in support of Amarnath Yatra, to be freed up by Aug 15. Additional 10,000 paramilitary units called up past week and now the additional 25-28,000 troops ordered into Kashmir. That's roughly 75,000 CAPF troops available from as early as next week.

Now consider also the additional Indian Army infantry units that have moved into Kashmir since mid 2016. As many as 30,000 additional troops we're mobilized into Kashmir theatre in 2016-17. If I remember right, another division worth of troops were dispatched in 2018. I'm assuming another division worth to have reinforced Kashmir theatre post Pulwama. That adds up to 60,000 additional troops from the normal troop levels of 2009-2015.

Overall a combined increment of 135,000. That brings the total fighting capable force strength to near historical highs seen in late1990s, when the militant figures were in 2000-4000 active and roughly 2000-3000 EKIAs.

This leads to the question: why does the government want such massive numbers for a militant strength of 100, unless of course the government has reason to believe that situation is likely to head south in short order and number of hostiles are likely to climb beyond the current 90-120.

I can't be absolutely certain, but such large numbers of troops should enable the GOI to sever and isolate individual districts of Kashmir, something vital when faced with a civil war type situation.

Yes, you are bang on the target. also the numbers are a bit more than that.. add CAPF by 30k and IA by 50k...