Tejas Mk2 (Medium Weight Fighter) - News and discussions

I hope GE offer us XA-100 or its derivative with TOT. That would be game-changing, IMO.
No, they will not offer even the mediocre technology, they may offer a co development as they did for proposed Javelin successor or Apache successor.

Geopolitics, affordability, and should be a good plane.

India can target the market in between China/USA. Mainly Russia's share of exports.
And how many mk1 had exported so far?

Lastly, u cannot export an aircraft using GE engine to anyone u want.

1686325262849.png

I am hoping that we use more advance composites in construction of MK2 vs MK1/A. Usage of CNT based composites that we've developed for AMCA would be game-changing and would ensure much further RCS reduction over MK1/A.
would also increase cost? is it good to be used on a single engined multirole jet? I would have thought ok for tedbf, but not sure about using on mk2 right from beginning. Would have liked to see their materials qap to know about it.

Indian ADA to roll Tejas Mark II prototype with F-414 engine by 2024 end

On the eve of the historic India-US F-414 jet engine deal, both Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) and the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) have geared up to produce Tejas Mark II fighter by 2027-28 with the former ready to roll out the GE-414 powered prototype by 2024 end. The GE-414 engine, which will be manufactured in India under 100 per cent transfer of technology (TOT) after approval from US Congress, will power not only Tejas Mark II but twin-engine advanced multi-role combat aircraft (AMCA-I) and twin-engine deck-based fighter (TEDBF).

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Ginvincible

On the eve of the historic India-US F-414 jet engine deal, both Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) and the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) have geared up to produce Tejas Mark II fighter by 2027-28 with the former ready to roll out the GE-414 powered prototype by 2024 end. The GE-414 engine, which will be manufactured in India under 100 per cent transfer of technology (TOT) after approval from US Congress, will power not only Tejas Mark II but twin-engine advanced multi-role combat aircraft (AMCA-I) and twin-engine deck-based fighter (TEDBF).
feels like the deadline just keeps getting pushed further and further out. Late 2024 prototype, so mid 2025 before first taxi trials and maybe late 2025 for first flights. 2027-28 might be realistic to get to a few LSP for follow-up testing. Mk2 won't come in any significant numbers til the mid-2030s right?

• Agree
Reactions: RASALGHUL
Q

Link is not leading to correct article.

Makes sense on single seat fighter being the priority, twin seater trainer can be developed later if asked by IAF.
ARDE & other labs have several programs running for some major parts, which are usually imported. In 10 years we should be in good shape.

Reactions: Turgon and Sathya