WTF is this? What did I see here????? ... HAL HJT-36 Shit-ara OR Birbal ki kichidi?

Then why is HAL and GoI wasting money on this trainer?
How are they wasting public money? You created your own timeline and are asking others where it is?

HAL market cap went up like 10x in last 2-3 years. They have the money to do whatever they want with that trainer.

How are they wasting public money? You created your own timeline and are asking others where it is?
My time line? IAF had to have new IJTs aeons ago. Do I need to tell you that this project is running since late 90s?

My time line? IAF had to have new IJTs aeons ago. Do I need to tell you that this project is running since late 90s?
They withdrew from the program a while ago and also changed their training regimen.

Improper engine selection and faulty planning by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited caused significant delays in India's intermediate jet trainer project, says CAG report. Lack of clarity on engine availability and resolution of stall and spin issues, as well as improper planning, led to the delays. The project, sanctioned in 1999, was expected to be completed by 2006. The IJT project is no longer backed by the Indian Air Force, and the future of the project is uncertain. HAL had to use internal funds for key trials after a setback in 2016.

Reactions: marich01