Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) : News and Updates

HIMSHAKTI integrated electronic warfare system for mountains. That antenna looks like those ancient TV antennas that we saw as kids. Wonder what frequencies it works in.

1558154086648.png

Command carrier post tracked interior view.
Rather spacious considering that's the interior of a BMP-2. Didn't realise the BMPs had so much internal space.

1558154302277.png

HIMSHAKTI integrated electronic warfare system for mountains. That antenna looks like those ancient TV antennas that we saw as kids. Wonder what frequencies it works in.

View attachment 6636

Rather spacious considering that's the interior of a BMP-2. Didn't realise the BMPs had so much internal space.

View attachment 6638

That antenna is one used for Electronic intercepts. and its looks like a old TV antennae but the genius lies in the internal circuitery code breaking algos and the material of the antenna. These can literally hear almost anything. from cell phone conversations to encrypted military comm.

• Informative
Reactions: Sathya

View attachment 6636

View attachment 6638

It was mentioned @ Other Forum that the himshakti subsystem in question was a direction finder for use in mountains and hills etc

It was mentioned @ Other Forum that the himshakti subsystem in question was a direction finder for use in mountains and hills etc
Direction finder ? As in direction of the electronic signals being emitted, if that's true then it can back trace the signals to the source of emissions. Oh my, this can be game changing especially in the mountains.

Direction finder ? As in direction of the electronic signals being emitted, if that's true then it can back trace the signals to the source of emissions. Oh my, this can be game changing especially in the mountains.

Isolate the signal of interest and then triangulate ( general concept )

View attachment 6636

View attachment 6638
Not sure that is the back of a BMP-2

Not sure that is the back of a BMP-2
I thought so too. It seems the internals have been completely revamped. You can see 2 separate rotable seats instead of 3 single piece seats. Periscope on the roof. 2 workstations.

I think with the internals completely revamped and reduction in human occupants they really opened up a lot of space. But this is just my two cents and the picture alone isn't enough to prove anything. Wish we had some other angles.

• Informative
Reactions: GuardianRED
I thought so too. It seems the internals have been completely revamped. You can see 2 separate rotable seats instead of 3 single piece seats. Periscope on the roof. 2 workstations.

I think with the internals completely revamped and reduction in human occupants they really opened up a lot of space. But this is just my two cents and the picture alone isn't enough to prove anything. Wish we had some other angles.

How many pictures do you want ?

I posted that picture and I guarantee that is a BMP 2

project-management-challenges-13-728.jpg

BMP-2 CCPT.jpg

If anybody wants more pictures , feel free to ask or maybe not

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: GuardianRED
How many pictures do you want ?

I posted that picture and I guarantee that is a BMP 2
Thank you very much for the pictures. It seems I was right separate seats and complete internal revamp. I was wrong about number of occupants. The interior as displayed in the first picture seems to have an awful lot of stray wires. Although the final version doesn't seem to have them. I forget, what was the carrier command post supposed to do ? I mean what is their role in an IBG ?

If anybody wants more pictures , feel free to ask or maybe not
Could you post some high quality pics of the interiors. I'd like to look at the workstations in more detail. Thanks.

Thank you very much for the pictures. It seems I was right separate seats and complete internal revamp. I was wrong about number of occupants. The interior as displayed in the first picture seems to have an awful lot of stray wires. Although the final version doesn't seem to have them. I forget, what was the carrier command post supposed to do ? I mean what is their role in an IBG ?

Could you post some high quality pics of the interiors. I'd like to look at the workstations in more detail. Thanks.

The best picture is the one , which was posted by you in the beginning ( by me actually )

Try googling maybe you will get lucky