Indian Army Artillery Systems : News and Updates

Is there any tecnical advantages for this gun over Athos? I do agree that French things are expensive, but they lasts forever. We used to use a French multimeter in our company, it never failed in my memory.
@vstol Jockey i saw magic missile, still don't know how French managed to acheif the perfect aerofoil shape on its control wings, a1965 designed missile.

It's French. Everything they make is expensive.

The Israelis beat this gun in the previous competiton. There was at least a 30-40% difference in price.

Is there any tecnical advantages for this gun over Athos? I do agree that French things are expensive, but they lasts forever. We used to use a French multimeter in our company, it never failed in my memory.
@vstol Jockey i saw magic missile, still don't know how French managed to acheif the perfect aerofoil shape on its control wings, a1965 designed missile.

Although French stuff is excellent, pretty much everything is good nowadays. It doesn't make sense to pay a large premium for it.

Although French stuff is excellent, pretty much everything is good nowadays. It doesn't make sense to pay a large premium for it.
I do agree with you on SAMs & EW systems. But a towed howitzer, it supposed to be lasts for decades. I don't think Israelis are that good with metallurgy as other traditional players.

In 1999, the IA set out to standardize on 155/52 cal. In today's scenario though, it does need a 105mm gun too to replace the ILFG Indian light field gun. Wonder what's going on with that?

IFG/LFG will be replaced by all these new guns. We operated 105mm 'cause that's what we could get at the time. 1600 Bofors were supposed to change that, but you know that story.

By 2042 or so, hopefully, these old guns will be in storage. Garuda will be the only 105mm gun around, 1 regiment for each mountain corps, similar to M777 (7 regiments for 7 corps).

Reactions: Speedster1
Weren't we getting the Hawkeye 105 from the US? Can't find the link right now but it was tested in India sometime back in a truck mounted configuration.

IFG/LFG will be replaced by all these new guns. We operated 105mm 'cause that's what we could get at the time. 1600 Bofors were supposed to change that, but you know that story.

By 2042 or so, hopefully, these old guns will be in storage. Garuda will be the only 105mm gun around, 1 regiment for each mountain corps, similar to M777 (7 regiments for 7 corps).
Is there any remote chance for us to get M777 ER version?

Is there any remote chance for us to get M777 ER version?

Existing guns will be uprated. Talks are going on for new ones, although it's not a priority yet.

Kalyani's ULH (steel version) and MaRG-ER are competing with it. M777 obviously has the advantage, plus the IA wants significant ToT for it. BAE also wants to make India an export hub.

Existing guns will be uprated. Talks are going on for new ones, although it's not a priority yet.

Kalyani's ULH (steel version) and MaRG-ER are competing with it. M777 obviously has the advantage, plus the IA wants significant ToT for it. BAE also wants to make India an export hub.
btw production restarted.

The restart will involve BAE Systems UK and US-based supply chain, and first deliveries are expected in 2025.​

btw production restarted.

The restart will involve BAE Systems UK and US-based supply chain, and first deliveries are expected in 2025.​

Yeah. The war's gonna give them a lot of new customers. Especially with that ER version. The plan in India is to produce locally though, while tapping non-NATO markets.

• Agree
Reactions: Rajput Lion