Indian Defense Industry General News and Updates

The wording can be misleading. ATAGS is in the export booklet & that statement does not essentially specify any export order, just that we can export these systems as cleared for export by the GOI. I am guessing the reporter did verify & double checked it.

The wording can be misleading. ATAGS is in the export booklet & that statement does not essentially specify any export order, just that we can export these systems as cleared for export by the GOI. I am guessing the reporter did verify & double checked it.

yeah , some twitter channels saying it was ATAGS that we exported instead of TC 20 . But if you watch following video from 9:26 TC 20 export is confirmed from the company CEO

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashwin and marich01
See I am not overly panicked about the SSN situation because some progress was happening over the last years.

Screenshot.png

But how can it be ? According to the amateur experts here the program has not yet been sanctioned by the CCS . There's been no PIB handout too . Which means it officially hasn't happened

These handles are merely putting out such information to attract eyeballs . Suddenly there'd be a flurry of YT videos to boost their incomes.

But how can it be ? According to the amateur experts here the program has not yet been sanctioned by the CCS . There's been no PIB handout too . Which means it officially hasn't happened

These handles are merely putting out such information to attract eyeballs . Suddenly there'd be a flurry of YT videos to boost their incomes.
Developing subsystems I mean, actual sub making is not cleared, but getting there also need myriad of systems being readied, and most of those through indigenous work. The process is long, I mean someone serving 30+ years in the industry or working with the navy & being part of a major system development can still not see the sub being made during his entire life.

Developing subsystems I mean, actual sub making is not cleared, but getting there also need myriad of systems being readied, and most of those through indigenous work. The process is long, I mean someone serving 30+ years in the industry or working with the navy & being part of a major system development can still not see the sub being made during his entire life.
Who's paying for it in the absence of any CCS clearance for the project ?

Who's paying for it in the absence of any CCS clearance for the project ?
The other /side projects would be development projects, & will happen via DRDO/Navy funds as suitable. Now navy part funds some apparently. If too strategic nature then maybe hidden from public view. I have seen multiple bits of K series involvement from variety of companies in some annual reports, but barely anything on sanctioned projects. Such projects are kept hush hush.
Its not just the subsystems though, the steel, suitable anti corrosion material, simple structural stuff, something like wall mount rugged monitors, electronics items, thousands other such items all are needed for such a project. If we had all projects list of NPOL NMRL we might have guessed some of those, but from outside its impossible for a layman.

It was already said SSN construction is aimed for clearance in 2023.

Multiple weight optimisation studies have been carried which includes composite wheels and cover plate.

Design of a Ballistic Composite Cover Plate for Armoured Fighting Vehicles

it is observed that the weight of the composite cover plate is 140.66 kg whereas a monolithic rolled homogenous armour plate made cover plate weights around 220 kg which leads to a weight saving of 75-80 kg.

Attachments

Seems they have updated the export booklet in January, lists all the countries and which product is going where.