Indian Political Discussion

It's quite a good sign if BJP emerges as single largest party in Telangana LS. Though some in my circle are estimating it'll be 50-50 with INC. Either way, BRS won't be getting many, if any at all. The gradual erasure of regional parties from LS continues, and that's a good thing for political cohesion & evidence of an emerging national political identity going forward.

Also encouraging is BJP seen making inroads into TN & KL, opening its accounts in both for first time. From what I gather, there is a change in national political outlook in the Southern states in my generation & younger. But not many in this age group vote (yet)...which means as time goes by, the voting percentage for BJP is going to keep increasing in the South.

Anyway, let's wait for the 4th to see how much of this turns into actual results.

Pretty much sums it up for what's going to happen in 2024-2029, and that's if there's no major instability in the NDA alliance before then:

GPOxCJOacAAyJlL.jpeg

And add to that:

• No land reforms
  • No labour reforms
  • No farm laws

All things considered, it's a f@cking miracle that NDA is still gonna be forming the Govt despite such a bad showing in both UP & MH. Certainly didn't expect this. Guess BJP lost touch with the grassroots sentiments.

Something tells me, Modi will not be completing the 3rd term. We'll see a new face leading BJP before 2029 polls. The 'age limit' may well be used as the excuse to shoehorn someone new (Yogi? Gadkari?) while NDA is still in power.

on the bright side Andhra will finally get funding for Amaravati and greater infrastructure development. Perhaps more shipbuilding on India’s east coast? CBN wields a lot of power

Simple, if Congress poaches BJP partners,
BJP also would already be doing the same as fail safe.
There were in power for 8 years and many case files are at their table..
It's easier for BJP to recruit other s.

No one will ever be able to blackmail Modi. By 10th June, BJP will have simple majority of its own of 272 seats by including Independents and some broken away from other parties. Wait and Watch. Nitish and Naidu are playing with fire called Modi. They will be shown their place.
they are short 32 seats from a majority. Feels tough to flip that many people?

feels more likely that NDA coalition members will get their pound of flesh and the major policies Modi wanted to push either won't happen or will be diluted.

Modi is shown to not be invincible. I wonder what they'll do in 2029. If he'll run again or pass the torch to Shah/Yogi

Being obliged to take other people's points of view into account is no disaster.
I mean yes, that's what I'm saying. They will have to work with the other large members of their coalition and they will definitely extract concessions. This isn't necessarily bad but it does mean that forecasted budgets will get tighter.

A lot of members on this forum believed that after the elections many reforms and defense acquisitions would happen. I feel that it's unlikely since Modi will now have to placate many other competing interests.

@Rajput Lion suggested that the BJP can convert others to their party to form a majority but it feels unlikely.