Indian Railways Junction

FxWUtunaYAEW6uP.jpg
FxWUthBaEAEq-jB.jpg

Reactions: GOW
Biggest tragedy in Railway in recent years . Real numbers are higher and ll increase in course of time . Many are trapped .

Big line for donating blood in baleswar hospital

IMG_20230603_002032_998.jpg

As per working guard of Yasvantpur Howrah , When yasvantpur Howrah was going down after derailment simultaneously coromandel came and collided . And goods train involved as well .

Last edited:
Sad state of affairs.

Hopefully instead of inaugurations of new Vande Bharat trains , PMO goes full thrust with DFCs. They are very critical to take out the goods trains from capacity routes.
Correct, The cargo train requires a separate track. The mining trains on the eastern line are crammed to capacity. We should start the DFC Project right away, connecting all the ports and major hubs between Bihar and Chennai. Even if Vande Bharat and station improvements are good development ideas, the time has come to start working on the tracks.

Last edited:
I
Sad state of affairs.

Hopefully instead of inaugurations of new Vande Bharat trains , PMO goes full thrust with DFCs. They are very critical to take out the goods trains from capacity routes.
Incorrect assumption. Goods train wasn't the reason for this tragedy. Goods train was standing in loop line. First train came and got derailed. Resulting in some bogies hit goods train standing on left side, and some bogies impacted opposite direction main line. There was third train coming from opposite direction which directly hit the train getting derailed at the same time. All three incidents happened in fraction of second as seen in control panel. As reaction time was too less, both logo pilots of Coromandel express died instantly. That's my observation based on whatever information is released so far.

Most critical to ask is why Coromondal express got derailed. Was human, mechanical error or something else. Needs investigation before jumping to any clear conclusion.

Reactions: Bali78
I

Incorrect assumption. Goods train wasn't the reason for this tragedy. Goods train was standing in loop line. First train came and got derailed. Resulting in some bogies hit goods train standing on left side, and some bogies impacted opposite direction main line. There was third train coming from opposite direction which directly hit the train getting derailed at the same time. All three incidents happened in fraction of second as seen in control panel. As reaction time was too less, both logo pilots of Coromandel express died instantly. That's my observation based on whatever information is released so far.

Most critical to ask is why Coromondal express got derailed. Was human, mechanical error or something else. Needs investigation before jumping to any clear conclusion.

" Coro was going towards MAS and 12864 was going to HWH. So both were travelling in opposite direction. I understand that last two coaches of 12864 derailed while changing tracks amd fell into adjacent live track. Coro running at 128kmph came crashing into the coaches and then rammed into stationary freighter "

As received

By the way, 12864 has reportedly completed its journey with the remaining rake.

Why was the need of 12864 to switch tracks? Because the already high density route has to also cater for goods traffic. Without the goods traffic the density would have come down. And the trains would have more gap between them.

• Agree
Reactions: D68
" Coro was going towards MAS and 12864 was going to HWH. So both were travelling in opposite direction. I understand that last two coaches of 12864 derailed while changing tracks amd fell into adjacent live track. Coro running at 128kmph came crashing into the coaches and then rammed into stationary freighter "

As received

By the way, 12864 has reportedly completed its journey with the remaining rake.

Why was the need of 12864 to switch tracks? Because the already high density route has to also cater for goods traffic. Without the goods traffic the density would have come down. And the trains would have more gap between them.
No it wouldn't have and we would have been in the same state of affairs till we get our house in the order. What's the biggest reason? Over population. Over population increases waiting list and over crowding in passenger trains. Then irrespective of the government, all railway ministers subconsciously increase the number of additional passenger trains to relieve the pressure which keeps increasing as years pass by.

Mark my words, there will not be meaningful change for at least 3-4 decades irrespective of whoever is there in the government. Same goes for Republic of India.

No it wouldn't have and we would have been in the same state of affairs till we get our house in the order. What's the biggest reason? Over population. Over population increases waiting list and over crowding in passenger trains. Then irrespective of the government, all railway ministers subconsciously increase the number of additional passenger trains to relieve the pressure which keeps increasing as years pass by.

Mark my words, there will not be meaningful change for at least 3-4 decades irrespective of whoever is there in the government. Same goes for Republic of India.
Govt can do a lot. The shortage of funds can be diminished by completing the privatisation & liquidation targets.

Further all utilities like grids and water supplies should be aimed to be privatised so as to reduce the humongous losses at local government levels.

Use that money to boost DFC & HSR infrastructure. Follow the RRTS model for closer clusters.

As for population, simply implementation of UCC even without population control bill will help a lot as it will ensure polygamy among Muslims is taken care of. If still an issue then come out with a bill that any child after the 3rd child will be absolutely aborted.

Guys , there is no reason to reach any conclusions . Sometimes tragedy happens and it happens in other countries as well . Such kind of incidents have significantly come down . Only investigation ll reveal how derailment happened . And whether there was a systematic failure or some other cause . As far as railway infra is considered , its a continuous process . There has been significant improvement in dedicated freight corridor sector in recent times . Investing adequate capital in railway infra and technology for safety , tracks improvement continuously is the way forward .

To me it seems to be a case of sabotage. Just yesterday itself somebody had put tyre on the tracks to derail a train in trichy and a few days back a bogie was set on fire. before that in 2017, before UP elections a train was derailed and the ISI operative was caught from Nepal who had sabotaged the rails.

To me it seems to be a case of sabotage. Just yesterday itself somebody had put tyre on the tracks to derail a train in trichy and a few days back a bogie was set on fire. before that in 2017, before UP elections a train was derailed and the ISI operative was caught from Nepal who had sabotaged the rails.

It's just tough luck that's all. Sometimes the whole universe conspires to f*** you up. We should use it as a warning to upgrade safety across the system (I think a lot of good work has already been done) and move on.

If it turns out to be a sabotage then god help us. I'm hoping it was a technical fault and not manual error... Most reports are pointing to Coromandel either derailing and crashing into the freight train or accidentally being diverted into the siding where the freight train was parked... it would derail regardless if it accidentally switched tracks at 130km/h.

Absolute worst case scenario that Howrah was travelling on the mainline at the same time. The whole incident happened within 2-3 mins it looks like.

RIP to the dead.

railways is caught between Increasing capacity vs Improving safety , when politicians are running the show it ends up former winning and the safety gets short end of the stick. govt has to divest the cargo transportation to private sector and focus on passenger trains. Given how advanced technology is now a days these kind of events can be simulated and we can have better system that can minimize damage during such events.

railways is caught between Increasing capacity vs Improving safety , when politicians are running the show it ends up former winning and the safety gets short end of the stick. govt has to divest the cargo transportation to private sector and focus on passenger trains. Given how advanced technology is now a days these kind of events can be simulated and we can have better system that can minimize damage during such events.
Hopefully this will expedite implementation of Kavach. IR is also badly in need of standardised 3 block signalling across the entire network. This would be an absolutely massive undertaking though, financially + logistically and would likely cost more than DFCs.

Considering only 3 coaches from 12864 derailed, it's my assumption that the pilot was able to slow the train before the crash.
Disregard this last line: End coaches of 12864 were derailed which makes me think it was already passing 12841 and as Cor-12841 switched onto siding and crashed into the freight train, the derailing coaches rammed into the last 3 coaches of SMVT-12864 causing them to derail as well.

Disregard this last line: End coaches of 12864 were derailed which makes me think it was already passing 12841 and as Cor-12841 switched onto siding and crashed into the freight train, the derailing coaches rammed into the last 3 coaches of SMVT-12864 causing them to derail as well.
Talked to a couple of guys on irfca forum. They said the events happened within 30 sec or so and there might be a case of malfunction of signals/switches.

• Agree
Reactions: RISING SUN