Indian Railways Junction

As per locals whatever number you see right now is far less than half of real numbers . May be it takes time for recognizing dead officially or locals who saw were overwhelmed by wht they saw .
It's government undeclared policy since long to declare less numbers in all tragedies, be it natural or man made.

If it turns out to be a sabotage then god help us. I'm hoping it was a technical fault and not manual error... Most reports are pointing to Coromandel either derailing and crashing into the freight train or accidentally being diverted into the siding where the freight train was parked... it would derail regardless if it accidentally switched tracks at 130km/h.

Absolute worst case scenario that Howrah was travelling on the mainline at the same time. The whole incident happened within 2-3 mins it looks like.

RIP to the dead.
What I understand so far is that express train got green signal to mainline however it went on loop line instead and crashed into stationary goods train. It's to be noted that in that short distance driver managed to bring the speed from 130 to 100 kmph as was the case with another mainline express train. My hunch is that loco pilot did notice something on last moment.

Not a conspiracy theory but I know people try all sort of things like putting stones & pable on the track out of curiosity. I have done that myself in childhood. However now I do know from my father that these stone objects have the risk to create a derailment in extreme conditions.

I am not saying it happened, however one never knows if any object was placed in between the gap of loop line change over instrument. Hence now there is demand to implement two persons check for changeover.
Talked to a couple of guys on irfca forum. They said the events happened within 30 sec or so and there might be a case of malfunction of signals/switches.
That seems to the logical reason so far. Switch failure is highly likely, either due to human ignorance, mechanical failure or illegal action.

I

Incorrect assumption. Goods train wasn't the reason for this tragedy. Goods train was standing in loop line. First train came and got derailed. Resulting in some bogies hit goods train standing on left side, and some bogies impacted opposite direction main line. There was third train coming from opposite direction which directly hit the train getting derailed at the same time. All three incidents happened in fraction of second as seen in control panel. As reaction time was too less, both logo pilots of Coromandel express died instantly. That's my observation based on whatever information is released so far.

Most critical to ask is why Coromondal express got derailed. Was human, mechanical error or something else. Needs investigation before jumping to any clear conclusion.

Key evidence, the LP is alive, initially it was reported that both LP has died. That will give much clarity on the accident.

There is a alleged video doing round on Twitter, of railway minister claiming whoever tempered with points machine setting will be traced and punished. It could be a poorly trained manpower or some sinister plan. Only time will tell.

I had told about this in the very begining itself. The initial green signal was changed to loopline signal after the train was already on loop line. A clear case of sabotage and that too when the mainline was free for coromandal express. The station masters know at what speed a train will cross their station and in this case Mr. Mohd. Shaeef was the station master. who did this mischief. Normally as long as there is train pressure on the tracks, the track change does not take place by the track changing system even if the signal is changed. The loopline signal is way ahead of the actual loopline change over of tracks to allow trains to slow down to required speed. So when Coronamdal express cleared the green for main line and the track pressure was lifted, someone changed the signal to loopline resulting in shifting of track to loopline. These signals are designed to turn red after the passage of a train past the signal and after that signal has to be reset for the new train from the changeover control room.
If the initial signal was for mainline and green, the changeover can be done when the entire train has passed over the signal box switch located below the track. If the loopline changeover had been done prior to train crossing the signal, due to interlocking of signals, the green signal could not have been given and it would have automatically gone to yellow and white indicating change over to loopline. So it is very clearly a case of sabotage in which the station master waited for the train to go past the green signal at full authorised speed and when it went past the green signal and was about to reach the loopine changeover, he changed the signal to create changeover to loopline.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Bali78

I had told about this in the very begining itself. The initial green signal was changed to loopline signal after the train was already on loop line. A clear case of sabotage and that too when the mainline was free for coromandal express. The station masters know at what speed a train will cross their station and in this case Mr. Mohd. Shaeef was the station master. who did this mischief. Normally as long as there is train pressure on the tracks, the track change does not take place by the track changing system even if the signal is changed. The loopline signal is way ahead of the actual loopline change over of tracks to allow trains to slow down to required speed. So when Coronamdal express cleared the green for main line and the track pressure was lifted, someone changed the signal to loopline resulting in shifting of track to loopline. These signals are designed to turn red after the passage of a train past the signal and after that signal has to be reset for the new train from the changeover control room.
If the initial signal was for mainline and green, the changeover can be done when the entire train has passed over the signal box switch located below the track. If the loopline changeover had been done prior to train crossing the signal, due to interlocking of signals, the green signal could not have been given and it would have automatically gone to yellow and white indicating change over to loopline. So it is very clearly a case of sabotage in which the station master waited for the train to go past the green signal at full authorised speed and when it went past the green signal and was about to reach the loopine changeover, he changed the signal to create changeover to loopline.

That makes it a terrorist attack if true . Details of this guy must be checked , who was he in contact with etc . Also i feel sad to know that one guy in charge either by mistake or with purpose can inflict so much damage . India , being center of so many issues , We cnt deal this kind of shit . I hope technology which cnt be tempered with is placed and there is greater autonomy with use of technology .

• Agree
That makes it a terrorist attack if true . Details of this guy must be checked , who was he in contact with etc . Also i feel sad to know that one guy in charge either by mistake or with purpose can inflict so much damage . India , being center of so many issues , We cnt deal this kind of shit . I hope technology which cnt be tempered with is placed and there is greater autonomy with use of technology .

By the way a case has been registered against Bahanaga Assistant Station Master SB Mohanty , who fled from the spot after the incident .

Could nt find nything on the name you are suggesting , Except for a fake post in twitter . May be we shd wait for official clarification .

Villagers saved many life . This guy is ex army . saved 28 lives . Was posted in Srinagar during Uri attack

Another common man . Took 2 hrs for administration to reach there .

Adani group will take the responsibility of the school education of the people who have lost their parents in this accident

As per locals whatever number you see right now is far less than half of real numbers . May be it takes time for recognizing dead officially or locals who saw were overwhelmed by wht they saw .
That's not true. Every death is counted and it's impossible to manipulate the numbers to that extent. Every person in those trains has to be accounted for and someone can't just vanish those names in thin air.

It's just tough luck that's all. Sometimes the whole universe conspires to f*** you up. We should use it as a warning to upgrade safety across the system (I think a lot of good work has already been done) and move on.
CBI confirming sabotage

CBI confirming sabotage

Well I also heard that Mamta Banerjee, on advice of Rahul Danhi and ISI did this. Kejru also provided electricity for sabotage with several people of the 'peacefuls relegion'

As per regional newspaper regarding Odisha incident , CBI took 3 employee for interrogation . It has come to notice that on the morning of the day of incident asst station master was made aware of faulty signal system . Asst station master called technician at 10am , and due to delay he had to call the technician many times . At around 11am technician corrected the error . Its not known whether the signal was verified by the station master after this . In afternoon someone one else joined for duty instead of the stationmaster in duty .

A similar incident was averted in Chattishgarh . A passenger train and goods train to face each other on the same track. Drivers of the trains averted a major accident by stopping the trains on time a few feet away from each other . The Memu local train was on its way to Korba when it faced the Goods train on the same track between Jairamnagar in Bilaspur District and Kotmisonar. The incident is reported to have occurred because of a human, technical error .

Well I also heard that Mamta Banerjee, on advice of Rahul Danhi and ISI did this. Kejru also provided electricity for sabotage with several people of the 'peacefuls relegion'
I dont think kejru has any involvement here ...he is quite busy giving WIFI to RagavChadda-Parineeti wedding...once the wedding is done he is planning a massive march towards parliament to expose fascist modi for not allowing him to WIFI whole delhi

I dont think kejru has any involvement here ...he is quite busy giving WIFI to RagavChadda-Parineeti wedding...once the wedding is done he is planning a massive march towards parliament to expose fascist modi for not allowing him to WIFI whole delhi

Are you questioning that Kehri is blocking NATIONAL REJUVINATION through railways ?