INS Arihant? What Arihant? Show me a picture

anb BTW about K-15..........

15825883_1088239081288275_1370533226963612010_n[1].jpg

anb BTW about K-15..........

View attachment 3678
Wrong on so many points that I do not know where to start from.

ndian K-15 is NOT the only SLBM which uses fins. And it is certainly not the first :) .

Heck even a cursory look at the history of SLBM would have given you results. R-11FM, one of the worlds first SLBM also had fins.

1543185834494.png

So does R-13

R-13 (missile) - Wikipedia
1543187464997.png

And R-21

R-21 (missile) - Wikipedia

1543187283168-png.3680

BTW, all of them were launchable from 40-50 meters of depth. And they served during the 'warmest' part of cold war... 60s - 89. Heck they served in seas much much much more violent than what Arabian sea can be. All of them were non-MIRV SLBMs while USA and NATO invested in BMD. K-15 has one target. That target has no missile defence of ANY kind. We do not need a MIRV to take out Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Gwadar etc etc etc. As far as warhead yield goes, I don't know how does that can be estimated by the missile shape. The missile is an accurate weapon and it can carry easily upto 100 KT of boosted weapon --even if anyone believes that india cannot produce hydrogen bomb.

Ofcourse we can discuss if pointy missile or round missile is more efficient.

Attachments

• 1543187283168.png
    1543187283168.png
    1,001.1 KB · Views: 843
  • 1543187429313.png
    1543187429313.png
    1,001.1 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Amal and safriz
Wrong on so many points that I do not know where to start from.

ndian K-15 is NOT the only SLBM which uses fins. And it is certainly not the first :) .

Heck even a cursory look at the history of SLBM would have given you results. R-11FM, one of the worlds first SLBM also had fins.

View attachment 3679

So does R-13

R-13 (missile) - Wikipedia
View attachment 3682

And R-21

R-21 (missile) - Wikipedia

1543187283168-png.3680

BTW, all of them were launchable from 40-50 meters of depth. And they served during the 'warmest' part of cold war... 60s - 89. Heck they served in seas much much much more violent than what Arabian sea can be. All of them were non-MIRV SLBMs while USA and NATO invested in BMD. K-15 has one target. That target has no missile defence of ANY kind. We do not need a MIRV to take out Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Gwadar etc etc etc. As far as warhead yield goes, I don't know how does that can be estimated by the missile shape. The missile is an accurate weapon and it can carry easily upto 100 KT of boosted weapon --even if anyone believes that india cannot produce hydrogen bomb.

Ofcourse we can discuss if pointy missile or round missile is more efficient.
i wasnt on about history, i was on about current situation.

i wasnt on about history, i was on about current situation.

Current situation is that Pakistan has no demonstrated defence against any kind of ballistic missile, fin or no fin.

Missiles with fins (like venerable R-21) could be launched from a depth of 40-60 meters.

These missiles (R-21, R-13) were deployed for a long-long time during cold war.

There is no reason why it will not work for India because Pakistan of Today is <<<<<<<< USA of 1960s in missile defence technology.

K-15 is a Pakistan specific missile. It serves it purpose. So why even bother with a more 'recent' missile technology.

Last edited:
Reactions: Amal
Current situation is that Pakistan has no demonstrated defence against any kind of ballistic missile, fin or no fin.

Missiles with fins (like venerable R-21) could be launched from a depth of 40-60 meters.

These missiles (R-21, R-13) were deployed for a long-long time during cold war.

There is no reason why it will not work for India because Pakistan of Today is <<<<<<<< USA of 1960s in missile defence technology.

K-15 is a Pakistan specific missile. It serves it purpose. So why even bother with a more 'recent' missile technology.
Its a good effort by India , but not that cutting edge ans many Indians want to think.
As for India our 450Km range Babur SLCM is enough.
Four on each of the 5 submarines, total 20 Nuclear warheads out in the sea.
INS Arihant only carries 15 warheads.

Its a good effort by India , but not that cutting edge ans many Indians want to think.
As for India our 450Km range Babur SLCM is enough.
Four on each of the 5 submarines, total 20 Nuclear warheads out in the sea.
INS Arihant only carries 15 warheads.
SLBM is almost 70 year old concept, so it is quite stupid to claim a major invention. But then guns are even older and still very effective. And lets not even talk about hunting knives..

Coming to SLCM, specifically a nuclear SLCM, you will be one of the first countries to deploy it for strategic deterrence. Effectiveness : Unknow. Payload: certainly very small, in 20 to 30 kilotonne range due to inherent capacity issue of SLCM. Also, with a system like S-400 and Indian satellite serveillance, it will be harder for Pakistan to sneak a SLCM. Not just that, it will be riskier for a Pakistani sub to launch a SLCM because unlike a ballistic missile, a cruise missile has significant delay and travel time if you launch from say a 100 km farther. So, to make it more effective, your sub will need to travel closer to the coast, making them more vulnerable. Not just that again, unlike ground, ocean provides much easier background to detect a low flying cruise missile from an AWACS in the sky or a satellite. Then there is question of sub itself. You will only have a conventional sub with limited endurance. Lastly, India has this system working now. Pakistan's subs will start to arrive in 2023-24.

More explaination plz... Where the picture is from and what are the three subs?
1. INS Arihant
2. INS Chakra
3. INS Arighat/Aridhaman any of the one. Now if 3 are at base, it only confirms at least one is on patrol and confirms we have at least 4 nuclear babies in water if not more.😉😉😉

Picture is from up above the sky, no exact location please but some where in East of India...😉

I, in all my senses (I prefer coke and get high on it, alcohol is a no go), assure you - the country is in safe hands (in terms of both political leadership across party lines and security forces). Only, we need to stop dividing our selves along religious, caste, regional and political lines. The Indian Soldier remains on guard against the external enemies of the State, but the Indian Citizen must remain on guard to not get weakened from inside.
while this is heartening to hear, im not to sure about the "Across political lines". All the noise about Rafale is clearly against our security interests since everyone who has an iota of interest in defence matters knows that the Rafale is a necessity for India, and that too in large numbers. Hence when certain politicos try to derail the deal for political mileage, Im forced to question their love for the nation.

I said so earlier, I say it now. Elimination of Burhan Wani was a decision taken by those who matter, after a thought process.. Why? We could have eliminated him at any point prior to that. What was the need, to make a 'martyr' of him?

Can anyone cite me number of attacks he has conducted against Indian Security Forces/Police Forces or Politicians?
Because he was pulling more youngster into terrorism? Basically the egg-laying snake?

He was hardly able to achieve that. His death achieved that. :)

A KTO BbI? OT Kyga?
Wish you were more lucid in your explanations with lay people than cryptic!

If you allow me - it's basically a replication ( but with adaptation to suit local dynsmics) of what the US & it's allies achieved in Syria. To draw out terrorists / potential terrorists & concentrate them in one area where they can be contained / elominated. Set up an extremist organization ( an oxymoron. But has to be seen in the context of the other organizations with similar aims & methods) , give them a free reign such that they attract like minded people, publicise their actions to shape international opinion, give them time to group & then move in for the kill.

This seems to be the wider game plan, going by the events in Kashmir except that the gambit here is to considerably demoralise extremist elements after ridding them of the more active / dangerous ones, marginalise the overground political arm apart from demoralizing them too and prepare the ground for a negotiated settlement on your terms.

• Agree
Reactions: Arvind and Hellfire
I said so earlier, I say it now. Elimination of Burhan Wani was a decision taken by those who matter, after a thought process.. Why? We could have eliminated him at any point prior to that. What was the need, to make a 'martyr' of him?

Can anyone cite me number of attacks he has conducted against Indian Security Forces/Police Forces or Politicians?

I suppose a lot of sleeper agents came out of the woodwork after his death.