LOC Flare up: Related news and Discussions

Here's what I think is gonna happen. We scrap Art 370 and Art 35A, the additional CAPFs we shored up into J&K will quell any unrest that arises within the state (easier now considering we've had time to lock everything down beforehand, and arrested all the important leaders).

If Pak try a misadventure by moving any conventional forces across LoC, we have prepared for a massive & immediate conventional response involving both Army & Air Force across LoC - to capture & hold territory if necessary.

+++

Been reading about Pak handing weapons to civilians on LoC villages, well that makes no difference to an advancing Army with tanks and professional infantry, if anything they're only likely to hurt themselves and get in the way of Pak's professional servicemen. Mujahid forces of this type are effective at fighting guerrilla wars against occupying forces, in pitched battle they are nothing but a liability.

Here's what I think is gonna happen. We scrap Art 370 and Art 35A, the additional CAPFs we shored up into J&K will quell any unrest that arises within the state (easier now considering we've had time to lock everything down beforehand, and arrested all the important leaders).
35A is ok but i still dont get how they are going to scrap A370 with assembly absent. Governer cant scrap any old laws.

If Pak try a misadventure by moving any conventional forces across LoC, we have prepared for a massive & immediate conventional response involving both Army & Air Force across LoC - to capture & hold territory if necessary.
By no chance Paks going to give India that opportunity. they are well aware of India's preparedness. Doing terrorism is another case i believe which wont be responded by capturing territory.

35A is ok but i still dont get how they are going to scrap A370 with assembly absent.

By no chance Paks going to give India that opportunity. they are well aware of India's preparedness. Doing terrorism is another case i believe which wont responded by capturing territory.

apparently some constitutional amendment happened during balakot times. Now governor is the de-facto head of the state. Check Abhijit iyerval tweets. He explained everything

35A is ok but i still dont get how they are going to scrap A370 with assembly absent. Governer cant scrap any old laws.

By no chance Paks going to give India that opportunity. they are well aware of India's preparedness. Doing terrorism is another case i believe which wont be responded by capturing territory.

I actually believe that in situations where the Assembly isn't present; the Governor gets proxy powers. in which case SP Malik can just request scrapping of Article 370.

• Agree
Reactions: Volcano
I actually believe that in situations where the Assembly isn't present; the Governor gets proxy powers. in which case SP Malik can just request scrapping of Article 370.
Governer is a substitute for the constitutional assembly but can't recommend removing old laws. He can definitely pass new ones.

This time it won't be Kargil when our coward prime minister pulled out.
This time it will be very different.
The government of AJK already abolished the requirements of obtaining a license to carry guns for all villages within 5km of LOC.

Dude, that will only help in de-populating that 5 KM stretch. Let me tell you a story from 71 war my father told me. In east Pakistan when Indian forces arrived at village, pro-pakistani Razakars in the village started shooting at the approaching Indian Military. However, the commander was in a hurry and he wasn't in a mood to fight a door to door cat and mouse with Razakers and ordered to bring down the entire village. Entire village was blown to pieces in artillery firing and forces just drove over the rubble to Dhaka.

Giving arms to untrained civilians is never a good idea in a full scale war. Army don't play house to house clearing game of counter insurgency fight during a conventional offensive. Each hour is critical in offensive and forces will just rollover untrained civilians with weapons.

Attachments

• EBJ07qcUEAAzvf9.jpeg
    EBJ07qcUEAAzvf9.jpeg
    177.4 KB · Views: 167
  • EBJ1lr3UwAAk7Im.jpeg
    EBJ1lr3UwAAk7Im.jpeg
    160.5 KB · Views: 159
Reactions: Volcano and RATHORE