Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning and F-22 'Raptor' : News & Discussion

Interesting. What is the answer ?

I found this bird always beautifull.
The answer is the F-22 isn't as stealthy anymore & maintaining it's stealth is breaking the USAF's a r se sorry budget which he can't bring himself to admit on pain of death. So like all Americans he makes a virtue out of a necessity & claims this appendage as a triumph of upgradation / modernization .

Interesting. What is the answer ?

I asked for a reason, honey.
I found this bird always beautifull, very slender. Not that uggly Turkey.

That ugly turkey is faster and deadlier than your Rafail. Rafail came in third in Swiss and didn't even make it to the next round for Finns.

Your plane does well in the third world and second world market where the F-35 is not offered. French have no issues selling their "high-tech" french plane to these nations because compared to F-35 your plane isn't that high-tech.

Hell Dassault had to bribe India to take 36 of their planes. :)

When it comes to 4th gen fighters and their advanced tech and capabilities the rankings are like this...

F-15ex
F-18E blk III
F-16V
F-18E blkII
Five is a tossup between french plane F3 and Typhoon T3.

• Haha
Reactions: Bon Plan and Lolwa
The good thing about the F-35 is that it is an aircraft that does not need to fly. In fact, for the past two months, the entire F-35 fleet has been flying less than 10 hours per month. The learning curve of the entire F-35 fleet is certainly a bit ahead of that of Australia and its air marshal, who states that the reduction in flight hours corresponds to a learning curve for the aircraft that apparently is not yet complete:
According to LM's records (fastfack):

Over the month of December the 700 F-35s flew 7000 hours, same in January ....

Less than 10 flight hours per month per F-35 in December ...

Nearly 9 flight hours per F-35 in January (760 F-35) . Taking the word of the RAAF Air Marshall and considering the way the learning curve goes it is not optimal there is still potential to learn more ...

@WHOHE, @Optimist : you are aware that with such a parking queen making war will be complicated even by injecting extraordinary means ?ts."

Reactions: Amarante
The good thing about the F-35 is that it is an aircraft that does not need to fly. In fact, for the past two months, the entire F-35 fleet has been flying less than 10 hours per month. The learning curve of the entire F-35 fleet is certainly a bit ahead of that of Australia and its air marshal, who states that the reduction in flight hours corresponds to a learning curve for the aircraft that apparently is not yet complete:

Nearly 9 flight hours per F-35 in January (760 F-35) . Taking the word of the RAAF Air Marshall and considering the way the learning curve goes it is not optimal there is still potential to learn more ...

@WHOHE, @Optimist : you are aware that with such a parking queen making war will be complicated even by injecting extraordinary means ?ts."
Parking queen says Le frenchmen as a whole squadron worth of his plane is being cannibalized for parts as its ready rate stands at 50%.

That ugly turkey is faster and deadlier than your Rafail. Rafail came in third in Swiss and didn't even make it to the next round for Finns.

Your plane does well in the third world and second world market where the F-35 is not offered. French have no issues selling their "high-tech" french plane to these nations because compared to F-35 your plane isn't that high-tech.

When it comes to 4th gen fighters and their advanced tech and capabilities the rankings are like this...

F-15ex
F-18E blk III
F-16V
F-18E blkII
Blk 3 and F-15EX are the only ones that could match.f-16 will be easily taken out by Rafale Lockheed never fixed the RCS issues and there's no major electronic upgrade apart from the sabr aesa which is just standard GaAs radar not even GaN like the Super-hornets. Rafale would defeat the f-15EX in bvr. While the f-18 would lose in wvr although the pilot matters in this case because all of them are equally capable fighters with superiority in a certain fields.

Facts are hard I know ...
But now we know how the f-35 are so stealth in the air.
Lol. Look Bubba you are reading way too much into a nothing burger as usual and it's only going to make you look even more foolish than you already look. Take a guess why if you can... I'm gonna give you all the time you need. I'll give you a hint... It is a different philosophy of training due to... well just read what the Swiss report said.

Funny how you frogs are obsessed with our F-35's while US military aviation enthusiasts don't give your plane the slightest consideration. Go figure.

• Haha
Reactions: _Anonymous_
well just read what the Swiss report said.
The swiss report say that they have projected a 15 hours / month use not a 9 hours. That only mean that the inverted learning curve is not optimal and could go to ? what ? 6 hours perhaps ? Or even better due to ... tell me ... simulation ?

F-15ex
F-18E blk III
F-16V
F-18E blkII
Rafale came first in UAE. Your uggly bird, only IOC after 15 years of dev, is too costly for such a rich country.
I think Switzerland and Finland will cry in 10 years, with astonishing support costs.

And about your wet finger rank, just remember Rafale M regularly beat SH18 in training.
And F15EX is not operational yet. So.... all is said.

Lol. Look Bubba you are reading way too much into a nothing burger as usual and it's only going to make you look even more foolish than you already look. Take a guess why if you can... I'm gonna give you all the time you need. I'll give you a hint... It is a different philosophy of training due to... well just read what the Swiss report said.

Funny how you frogs are obsessed with our F-35's while US military aviation enthusiasts don't give your plane the slightest consideration. Go figure.
Ah ! It's no wonder the availability rates of the Lightnings don't matter at all. With a training rate of 10 hrs / month which translates to 120 per annum the Lightnings don't need any service at all . There's literally no down time . They'd always be available 100% & battle ready . In fact I suspect the Lightnings with it's incredible range only ought to be shipped to a base near the conflict & would unleash it's full spectrum EA from the base itself without flying into the conflict zone .

It's truly one of the miracles of aviation since the Orville bros & a total revolution in air warfare. Now this is something neither M/s Gen Bogdan or Hostage or LM ever talk about nor mention in their press briefings . I also get the classified presentation bit now . I suspect , you unintentionally revealed top secret information here .

Last edited:
Blk 3 and F-15EX are the only ones that could match.

More than a match. Blk3 has more advanced EW capability that is an offensive weapon unlike your plane. Blk 3 AESA with AN/ALQ-214 together work as an offensive jammer something french plane doesn't have. It's AESA has no EW capability while F-18E II/III has EW jamming and can also be used to guide SM-6's and PAC-3's like the F-35 because of its FireControl-CounterAir capabilities.

F-15ex with APG-82 and EPAWSS will see french plane first and get the kill first. F-15ex and F-15E EPAWSS with apg-82 is an EW beast.
download.jpg

f-16 will be easily taken out by Rafale Lockheed never fixed the RCS issues and there's no major electronic upgrade apart from the sabr aesa which is just standard GaAs radar not even GaN like the Super-hornets.

The new suite was tested on the company’s flying testbed in conjunction with the APG-83 SABR AESA radar during Exercise Northern Lightning.​

Northrop Grumman recently announced that the new Next Generation Electronic Warfare (NGEW) system was tested for the first time joined the AN/APG-83 Scalable Agile Beam Radar (SABR) at Exercise Northern Lightning, demonstrating the full interoperability of the two systems in a realistic and contested electromagnetic spectrum environment. The company used one of their flying testbeds, a CRJ-700 equipped with NGEW and a SABR radar inside an F-16’s nosecone.

“When an EW system and a radar are able to work together fully, as demonstrated with NGEW and SABR, pilots can take advantage of capability without compromise,” said James Conroy, vice president, navigation, targeting and survivability, Northrop Grumman. “With the radio frequency (RF) spectrum becoming increasingly contested, this critical set of capabilities will support the F-16 for many years to

According to Northrop Grumman, NGEW and SABR demonstrated full pulse-to-pulse, multi-function interoperability in a contested operational environment. With SABR successfully engaging multiple air and ground targets, NGEW detected and identified a range of advanced threats, employing advanced jamming techniques capable of defeating those threats when required.

The company worked alongside the 85th Test and Evaluation Squadron, the Operational Flight Program Combined Test Force and the F-16 system program office to test the new EW suite, which includes a new Digital Radar Warning Receiver, state of the art antennas and processors, and a digital frequency memory internal jammer. “During Northern Lightning we gained valuable insight on NGEW capabilities and obtained over 170 test points against both air and ground emitters,” said Lt. Col. Stephen Graham, F-16 electronic warfare test director, OFP CTF.

Rafale would defeat the f-15EX in bvr.

Your plane would become victim of the F-15EX EW not being able to take advantaged of Meteors range. Btw F-15c armed with aim-120d had a 130-140 mile kill shot breaking the US record which was held by Aim-54 of 126 miles. Aim-260 enters service this year.
While the f-18 would lose in wvr although the pilot matters in this case because all of them are equally capable fighters with superiority in a certain fields.

WVR fighting is a toss up since both have HOB missiles with F-18E using Aim-9xII and HMD. Dogfighting/gun kill is also a tossup since it has been proven that an F-18 with two tanks killed a clean french plane and F-18 also "gunkilled" an SU-30MKM which has the same performance of MKI.

Rafale came first in UAE. Your uggly bird, only IOC after 15 years of dev, is too costly for such a rich country.
I think Switzerland and Finland will cry in 10 years, with astonishing support costs.

And about your wet finger rank, just remember Rafale M regularly beat SH18 in training.
And F15EX is not operational yet. So.... all is said.
Lol. There was no competition in UAE. UAE actually made a deal with Trump for F-35's until Biden said no. That is when UAE decided to announce purchase of frech plane. UAE still wants F-35's.

Lol. There was no competition in UAE. UAE actually made a deal with Trump for F-35's until Biden said no. That is when UAE decided to announce purchase of frech plane. UAE still wants F-35's.
More than a match. Blk3 has more advanced EW capability that is an offensive weapon unlike your plane. Blk 3 AESA with AN/ALQ-214 together work as an offensive jammer something french plane doesn't have. It's AESA has no EW capability while F-18E II/III has EW jamming and can also be used to guide SM-6's and PAC-3's like the F-35 because of its FireControl-CounterAir capabilities.
Wonder why UAE and Greece didn't just buy the Super-hornets if it's so great?? The soyper hornet can't even supercruise.

Do you have the link to what you are claiming? It's always best to check the link with you.

-No competition but a customer knows to be very requiring (they use the best of each F16 and M2000).
-80 French jets ordered, and a max of 50 american jets to come when the balance between french and US was the contrary.

A link to a forum is of no value. what on the page do you want me to look at. I couldn't see Australia with a quick look. we don't have 700 planes. What manner of fantasy are you running now? Have you stopped taking your medication, or do need to increase it?

just keeping this so i can find it.