Maritime Patrol Aircraft : P-8I Neptune, Dornier-228 : News & Discussions

Shows the pathetic situation of IAF now. They were forced to to outsource combat duty to an another fighting arm, thanks to the lat 20 years of incompetent government at center.
IN will be able to spare their asset for IAF needs during peace time, but what about during a war. That too when modi government cut short the original requirements of 28 p8I to mere 12.

Shows the pathetic situation of IAF now. They were forced to to outsource combat duty to an another fighting arm, thanks to the lat 20 years of incompetent government at center.
IN will be able to spare their asset for IAF needs during peace time, but what about during a war. That too when modi government cut short the original requirements of 28 p8I to mere 12.
IN has been doing this for IAF and IA since 1965 war.

IN has been doing this for IAF and IA since 1965 war.
For heaven sake pleas ask goi to procure the original requirment of 28 number P-8I or even more. ADA/DRDO/HAL will never be able to develop anything as capable as P-8I in another 50 years.
In addition to the existing p8 base at Arakonam,
1)We need a squadron 6-8 of P8-I at A&N
2)At goa/Maharashtra
3)Kolkata
4)Cochin
All supplemented with Triton or atleast predator drone.

Fm6MR-haYAMqRYb

A version of this can surely be used by Army Aviation along LAC imo.

Army Aviation can't operate fixed wing. There's already a DRDO-led ISTAR program running.

Should have more advanced stuff compared to the IN's Do-228.

Reactions: marich01