Meanwhile in Pakistan

Happens in a few weddings in India as well, always a risky practice, the stupidest thing in my opinion is using an AK-47 - and that too with one hand, when you're (likely) drunk.
My Bihari friends shoot during Diwali as well. Sometime back, there was news of students firing weapons inside college to celebrate after election!!

My Bihari friends shoot during Diwali as well. Sometime back, there was news of students firing weapons inside college to celebrate after election!!
Bihar mein toh sab kuch chalta hai :ROFLMAO:
Hamare yahan bhi jahil logon ki kami thodi hai :cautious:

Just 2 weeks back I went to my Village after a gap of almost 20 yrs. Occasion was mundan of my Nephew. I have not seen so many guns at one place. There were 2 MP's along with 4-5 MLA's and they all had huge entourage of security guards but none had any personal weapon.
A decade back such event would have attracted at least 100 of people brandishing their legal and illegal personal weapons. I even managed to touch Tavor which one of security personal for MP Surajbhan Singh had. :)

IMHO situation has improved a lot and mentality of common men have also changed with time. There are still few crackpots but in general these things are very much under control and there is a respect for law and order. IDK what wil happen when Lalu clan comes into power on full majority.

Shubh shubh bolo bhai, aisa kyun kehte ho?

He's not wrong , you know . Just when Laluwa was drowning , Nitiswa threw him a lifeline and gave him a kiss of life . Long term - JD ( U) is a as good as Nitiswa. What about after him , is anyone's guess ? BJP has organizational strength but lacks leadership . Laluwa's party has both .

He's not wrong , you know . Just when Laluwa was drowning , Nitiswa threw him a lifeline and gave him a kiss of life . Long term - JD ( U) is a as good as Nitiswa. What about after him , is anyone's guess ? BJP has organizational strength but lacks leadership . Laluwa's party has both .

*Sigh* we'll see when we get there. Where is the time to even worry about that far in the future when Karnataka and Rajasthan (along with the two other states BJP has to defend) are such pressing issues; not to mention the minor scare thrown up in recent UP bypolls?

Lots of things . But don't you think us posting exclusively negative news about them is boringly uni dimensional ?

While the mods and admins are trying to promote a neutral platform for all, the fact is that its been invaded by one vociferous ideological mindset.

Uni dimensional is what you will get unless the other side comes here and participates as well. At near equal volumes.

Personally, I find most threads boring as hell with their doctored responses from saffron playbooks.

But it is what it is.

Cheers, Doc

While the mods and admins are trying to promote a neutral platform for all, the fact is that its been invaded by one vociferous ideological mindset.

Uni dimensional is what you will get unless the other side comes here and participates as well. At near equal volumes.

Personally, I find most threads boring as hell with their doctored responses from saffron playbooks.

But it is what it is.

Cheers, Doc
For a Parsi supremacist to criticise Hindu Supremacists is a bit like pot calling the kettle black. And getting the "other lot " here to voice their views will slowly turn this into a mirror image of the "other lots" forum , given that the "other lot" will have more than a fair share of Islamic Supremacists.Having an alternative point of view just for its own sake is pointless .

Personally , your "Raag dhwani" of how your lot is going to take over the ME and resurrect the Persian Empire is extremely grating too . Have you seen anyone complaining about it ?

Or your emotion driven rants about how the saffron clad are destroying the social fabric of this nation . I tried to instruct you on how to post articles offering constructive criticism on Modi's administration by posting a few articles . The net has genuine bits of news on Modi's failings too . You chose to ignore it and your brother in arms GND is a lost cause .

Reactions: Bali78 and RATHORE
For a Parsi supremacist to criticise Hindu Supremacists is a bit like pot calling the kettle black. And getting the "other lot " here to voice their views will slowly turn this into a mirror image of the "other lots" forum , given that the "other lot" will have more than a fair share of Islamic Supremacists.Having an alternative point of view just for its own sake is pointless .

Personally , your "Raag dhwani" of how your lot is going to take over the ME and resurrect the Persian Empire is extremely grating too . Have you seen anyone complaining about it ?

Or your emotion driven rants about how the saffron clad are destroying the social fabric of this nation . I tried to instruct you on how to post articles offering constructive criticism on Modi's administration by posting a few articles . The net has genuine bits of news on Modi's failings too . You chose to ignore it and your brother in arms GND is a lost cause .

By the other side I meant the other Indian side, which is conspicuous by its near total absence here.

The reason is clear.

It is not possible to have a debate with right wingers. This is seen everywhere - forums, WhatsApp groups, Twitter, Facebook, TV debates.

So people simply give up in exasperation and keep silent.

Or leave.

Cheers, Doc

Lots of things . But don't you think us posting exclusively negative news about them is boringly uni dimensional ?

Ok, so if there's something positive from Pakistan that's caught your eye, go ahead and post it in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan thread. I don't really mind the constant negative coverage though, it's certainly realistic, and as much as people like bonbo and Doc may want it, this place shouldn't ever become a 50/50 split between Indians and Pakistanis. It was, and always must be an Indian forum, where we also allow reasonable and rational Pakistanis to air their views without excessive hounding.

I additionally think Doc is being hypocritical because on one hand he talks about past Pakistani associations with the original forum and criticizes the forum and its team heavily for that, and on the other he seems to be in favor of bringing in droves of Pakistanis here and severely diluting the prevalent ideology here (which is nationalistic, whether he likes it or not).

Ok, so if there's something positive from Pakistan that's caught your eye, go ahead and post it in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan thread. I don't really mind the constant negative coverage though, it's certainly realistic, and as much as people like bonbo and Doc may want it, this place shouldn't ever become a 50/50 split between Indians and Pakistanis. It was, and always must be an Indian forum, where we also allow reasonable and rational Pakistanis to air their views without excessive hounding.

I additionally think Doc is being hypocritical because on one hand he talks about past Pakistani associations with the original forum and criticizes the forum and its team heavily for that, and on the other he seems to be in favor of bringing in droves of Pakistanis here and severely diluting the prevalent ideology here (which is nationalistic, whether he likes it or not).

Please see my post above.

Are you a nationalist too?

American or Indian?

Cheers, Doc

Please see my post above.

Are you a nationalist too?

American or Indian?

Cheers, Doc

I'm a nationalist, not an ungrateful refugee who spews invective against and pretends to be superior to the people who saved his ancestors.

Reactions: Bali78