Obituary Thread

IMG-20190807-WA0002.jpg

In all our bitching about our neighbours we often forget how lucky we are to have the Bhutanese as our neighbour. God bless them.

Bhutan King Lights Thousand Butter Lamps In Memory Of Sushma Swaraj

Prime Minister Lotay Tshering, in a condolence message, had said that Sushma Swaraj's 'demise is a great loss not only for Bharatiya Janata Party but also for the entire country'.

10 August 2019
National
Outlook Web Bureau
Bhutan_king_571_855.jpg

The King offered prayers and lit a thousand butter lamps at Simtokha Dzong. (Twitter.com/TenzingLamsang)

Bhutan King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck offered special prayers and lit a thousand butter lamps at a monastery in memory of India's former External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj who passed away earlier this week.

On the orders of the King, special prayers were performed at the Simtokha Dzong on Thursday.

The King also sent condolences to the late Minister's family and to the government of India.

Prime Minister Lotay Tshering, in a condolence message, had said that Sushma Swaraj's "demise is a great loss not only for Bharatiya Janata Party but also for the entire country".

"She was a very good friend of Bhutan who worked tirelessly in enhancing Bhutan-India relations..."

"Sushma Swaraj, as the Minister of External Affairs of India from 2014- 2019, worked closely with Bhutan. Throughout her tenure, she was a friend of Bhutan and contributed to strengthening the relations between our two countries.

"She was well-loved, as an exemplary leader embodying grace, dignity, and strength," the message read.

Bhutan King Lights Thousand Butter Lamps In Memory Of Sushma Swaraj

Reactions: Guynextdoor
As a kid who watched her on DD News feels sad to see her gone :( Still whenever I saw her on TV even today felt good and reminded me of my childhood, a gracious anchor a tragic loss at such young age.
Yep, I remember back in those days there were hardly ant other channels other than DD. We didn't have cable back then so I vividly remember watching her present the news. Compared to the anchors of today, she was grace personified.
So sad that we had to lose her this early. Fooking cancer.

1566055850852.png

RIP.

Reactions: BlackOpsIndia
It was converted to the Obituary Thread, if I'm not mistaken. Apparently, @Ashwin as usual misterpreted your analysis of leadership for an eulogy.

What!!
thats very disappointing! it was a good analysis how a weak leadership would be fatal for us when Pakistan or China tries to take revenge in case a strong leader like Modi is not there in future.

• Agree
Reactions: _Anonymous_