South China Sea Dispute : News & Updates

China playing a stupid game. We can always give them drone problems from their neighbours too.

ROME — Italy has seized Chinese military drones disguised as wind turbines that were heading to Libya in violation of a U.N. embargo, Italian authorities said.
Components making up the two drones were concealed in six containers sent on two container ships from China to the Port of Gioia Tauro in Italy, where they were impounded before they could be loaded onto vessels heading for Libya, according to officials.
“The components were hidden among composite material replicas of wind turbine blades to conceal them and avoid checks,” Italian tax police and customs officials said in a statement. One of the drones featured the slogan “The energy saving world” written along its side.

This has classic Viktor Bout written all over it. They should never have released him.

Probably UAE or Saudi aircraft, sent from China to Libya, UAE and Saudi especially like winglong-2, Emirates even has assembly lines
China playing a stupid game. We can always give them drone problems from their neighbours too.

This has classic Viktor Bout written all over it. They should never have released him.

I seriously doubt Victor Bout has any connections or ability to ships arms like he used to. He was jailed for a long time and most of his contacts have likely disappeared. Freeing him was more of a symbolic thing for Russia than gaining any real asset. Last I heard he was running for local elections in Russia.

I seriously doubt Victor Bout has any connections or ability to ships arms like he used to. He was jailed for a long time and most of his contacts have likely disappeared. Freeing him was more of a symbolic thing for Russia than gaining any real asset. Last I heard he was running for local elections in Russia.
I can tell by how the goods were disguised as other parts that it was him.

Probably UAE or Saudi aircraft, sent from China to Libya, UAE and Saudi especially like winglong-2, Emirates even has assembly lines
They wouldn't have been provided without China's approval though.

The Defense Department said in a statement that 36 F-15EX Eagles will be deployed to the Kadena Air Base in Okinawa Prefecture in southern Japan, replacing 48 F-15C/D Eagles "as part of a planned divestment and modernization."

Forty-eight F-35A Lightning II fifth-generation fighters will also be deployed to the Misawa Air Base in Japan's northeastern prefecture of Aomori. They will be replacing 36 F-16 Fighting Falcons.

1720169803786.png

Reactions: Rajput Lion