Trump injured in shooting at Pennsylvania rally

American Democracy in Disarray

Chaos reigns within American democracy and the political system. The party controlling the US administration is in turmoil due to President Biden's lackluster performance in the recent debate. Concerns over his health are a significant factor in the confusion. Despite this, he remains obstinate in his bid for a second term. High-ranking Democrats are urging him to withdraw, but he remains undecided, resulting in total disarray. Even if he withdraws, no prominent candidate, other than Kamala Harris, has emerged.
Michelle Obama.
The poll, conducted by Reuters/Ipsos, found that the former first lady was the only Democrat with a lead on Trump in a hypothetical match-up, garnering 50 per cent support to his 39 per cent.

Biden should step down, he really can't win at this point, unless concrete evidence emerges that Trump is a Russian spy paedophile or something.

Biden should step down, he really can't win at this point, unless concrete evidence emerges that Trump is a Russian spy paedophile or something.
Trump is immune to evidence.

Or rather, American politics is immune to evidence. It's no longer a question of ideas and ideologies; it's just a question of tribe. Those in the Rep tribe will never be swayed by arguments from the Dem tribe, and vice-versa.

Reactions: RASALGHUL
Biden should have made the decision to drop out a year ago so we could have had a proper primary and campaign from a candidate who could build support. Likely a younger more popular candidate who could reshape the Democratic party and force the Republicans to also change with the times. Now we're here with three months to go.

Biden dropping out wasn't the wrong choice, but the timing is horrendous. I say this as someone who actually thinks he has done a good enough job for the most part. He was supposed to be a one-term transition, not an octogenarian pushing for four more years.

His health is arguably his biggest liability. His debate was more than just a bad night; it was short hand for the public's worst fears. Even sympathetic media couldn't spin his one off good performances as sufficient to the average American.

The president and his campaign have not done anything to inspire confidence or rally his supporters. In his current state, I don't see how Biden could have won against an energized Republican base after Trump’s assassination attempt.

Now let's see what Kamala can do.

Reactions: jetray
Biden should have made the decision to drop out a year ago so we could have had a proper primary and campaign from a candidate who could build support. Likely a younger more popular candidate who could reshape the Democratic party and force the Republicans to also change with the times. Now we're here with three months to go.

Biden dropping out wasn't the wrong choice, but the timing is horrendous. I say this as someone who actually thinks he has done a good enough job for the most part. He was supposed to be a one-term transition, not an octogenarian pushing for four more years.

His health is arguably his biggest liability. His debate was more than just a bad night; it was short hand for the public's worst fears. Even sympathetic media couldn't spin his one off good performances as sufficient to the average American.

The president and his campaign have not done anything to inspire confidence or rally his supporters. In his current state, I don't see how Biden could have won against an energized Republican base after Trump’s assassination attempt.

Now let's see what Kamala can do.
In fact except some fringe elements, both the parties have very good experienced younger candidates who can take things forward but some of the older experienced loonies are just not vacating & making way for them. They are not just preventing younger ppl to from taking the stage but also ensuring that their agenda & their legacy policies continue even after them. End result is same old cliched rhetorics on immigration, abortion...etc & other issues keep getting recycled instead of making any attempt to solve them.

• Agree
Reactions: Ginvincible

Do you know, the information about the Trump shootout is being systematically suppressed by Google? In USA!

Talk about election manipulation. And then they blame putin.

What information? If I go to google and enter "trump shootout", I get plenty of results, including some that are less than one day old.
In USA, it was reported by many users that the keywords "assassination attempts on..." were not pulling up Trump's name in the drop down that suggests search words. It was widely reported on Twitter/X,where I saw the poats. Maybe Google fixed it. Maybe it's a geographic thing.

So Americans don't know how to write Trump's name themselves? They need to have Google predict it for them?

Personally, if I enter "assassination attempt", the first few predictions in the drop down are "on trump", "on", "donald trump", "on us president", "against trump", "today", "on tr", etc.

Thing is that this is something that is algorithmically powered. The more people are searching "assassination attempt on trump", the more likely google will predict that's what you search. So by claiming that such or such result is not predicted, they get to make a ton of people try it and do their search, and the things that they claim doesn't appear starts appearing.

The "on tr" result I got is a good example of that, people start typing "on trump" but were too lazy to type the full word, hitting enter after the first two letters...

So Americans don't know how to write Trump's name themselves? They need to have Google predict it for them?

Personally, if I enter "assassination attempt", the first few predictions in the drop down are "on trump", "on", "donald trump", "on us president", "against trump", "today", "on tr", etc.

Thing is that this is something that is algorithmically powered. The more people are searching "assassination attempt on trump", the more likely google will predict that's what you search. So by claiming that such or such result is not predicted, they get to make a ton of people try it and do their search, and the things that they claim doesn't appear starts appearing.

The "on tr" result I got is a good example of that, people start typing "on trump" but were too lazy to type the full word, hitting enter after the first two letters...
True..