Ukraine - Russia Conflict

russia is a worthless trash heap that doesn't deserve to be considered a nation state. It's led by mad criminals who're happy to let their country burn as long as they get to burn another country. And its brainless population is happy with that because the only thing they care about is getting away with crimes.

russians are happy to die as long as they get to commit war crimes first. It's their only goal in their pathetic excuse for a life.

The russian card castle is crumbling; they've already stolen all the money they could easily steal, and they're still spending more and more on poo-tin's war crime operation.

More russian crap keeps blowing up, allegedly on its own. The Omsk refinery apparently decided to self-terminate, again.

Gasoline production fell by 20% and diesel by 11% in the first half of the year, compared to the previous semester, and then russia decided to classify any further statistics on its fuel production because the numbers were falling too fast and too far to let the pooty-poot pretend things are great.
So this is what makes it funny when russian refineries don't even need Ukrainian drones to spontaneously explode.

I mean, it's also funny when Ukrainian drones make them explode, obviously. Especially given how russians insist their air defense worked correctly and the damage is just due to "falling debris", like that Proletarsk depot that was destroyed by "falling debris", showing how efficient and useful russian air defenses are when they need to shoot down something else than a civilian airliner...

This is what the russian regime encourages all russians to be:

Even Modi recognizes russia is worthless:
What's fun is that russia is actively helping the Houthis, both indirectly through Iran but also directly. Just another way in which russia is self-sabotaging.

More dilapidated russian infrastructure exploding due to no maintenance because the tin of poo has been stealing all the money for the last 30 years to fund his palaces and his genocides:
Those steam pipes that are leaking are presumably part of a district heating infrastructure. It'll be great to have those out of service this coming winter in Novosibirsk. I suppose the government will fix it by having trucks with signs telling people the temperature is comfortably warm; after all this is what they did about the fumes from the Proletarsk fuel depot:

Oh here we go, this sill change things for Russia:

However, for Ukrainian military needs, the system's range has been extended to 700 km

This puts Moscow comfortably in range. Finally all those cowardly Russian elites who've avoided the fighting will get to feel the full brunt of this war. Hope they send a few dozen to Solovyov's neighbourhood.

1724769624225.png

Last edited:
What is the one point of agreement between the russians and the Ukrainians? Both want to kill as many russian soldiers as possible.
2/ The wife of Alexander Valerievich Shirinsky, a squad commander in the 506th Motorised Rifle Regiment, says that along with at least three other men "he was also brutally beaten on the night of August 24-25, tied to a tree for the whole night, his arms and legs are…​
3/ …blue from the ropes, his face is covered in abrasions, he cannot walk, he also already had a wound – shrapnel in the chest, but Lt Col Voskoboev still sent him on a combat mission with shrapnel in the chest.​
4/ "Now all those who suffered from his torture have been sent on a combat mission, in fact, they are the main witnesses of these crimes, there are many more victims. Battalion commander Voskoboev abuses alcohol, he is very cruel, I am very worried about my husband."​
5/ According to the human rights organisation Gulagu.net, Shirinsky said that he was beaten by four people seeking to "exert moral and physical pressure" on him. The beaten soldiers had previously not been allowed to wash, shave, or perform personal hygiene.​
6/ His wife says that Shirinsky is now in a very bad condition, not only from his previous shrapnel wound, but from a series of new injuries inflicted during the beating. "His arm did not move after the injury, and after all these violent actions, he cannot walk at all."​
7/ "He managed to report that his arms and legs were swollen, his head and face were swollen, and cut. He repeatedly told me in conversation that his command abuses alcohol and treats its subordinates like expendable material.​
8/ Today they were all sent on a combat mission and I am worried about him." /end
Source:
t.me/NetGulagu/8872

Reminder that russia is getting its soldiers killed at such a high rate that they now need to fundraise for body bags.

Which is an expensive prospect, thanks to the galloping inflation (which is easily triple the official figure of about 9%).

How high will it be? 20%? 24%? More? The higher, the better; it's high time russia takes first place in front of Turkey and Argentina.

LOL the russians are so stupid:

The russians don't care about russia. Here a propagandist is complaining that the population doesn't care about Ukraine taking a chunk out of Kursk.
Of course the russians don't care; all those who cared about what was happening to their country have been killed by pooty-poot during these last thirty years. If the russian population cared, the tin of poo that rules over them would have had a bayonet enemy two decades ago, and the world would be so much better.

But no. The few who did care were killed because they noticed what was happening; the rest got zombified and now the russian nazis are upset that the population is indifferent.

The russian regime doesn't care about russia either. Note how fighting in Kursk is so paid so much less than invading Ukraine.

One of the things that questions me as a sociologist of war and social movements in the invasion of the Kursk region is the difference in reaction between Ukrainians in 2014 and Russians in 2024, faced with the armed attack on their territory.​
In 2014, as soon as Crimea was annexed, Ukrainian society organized itself in the face of the perceived threat. Whether on the pro-Maidan side, the anti-Maidan side, but also on the side of those who are unsure, there is a conviction that it is necessary to defend oneself.​
Self-defense battalions were organized, in a more or less structured and legal way, but often from below. On both sides of what would become a front line. The people I spoke to at the time explained to me the urgency of defending their homes.​
In the Russian border regions today, while the army of a foreign state is there, we don't see any defense or armed resistance organized by the population. The initiatives that are being put in place are mainly humanitarian: evacuation, aid for displaced persons...​
Why no resistance to the Ukrainian army at local level, along the lines of what happened in Ukraine in 2014, then in the Russian-occupied Ukrainian regions in 2022? Several hypotheses, to be considered in a complementary way, as variables to be taken into account.​
1st hypothesis: the shock of war as a detonator.​
For Ukrainians in 2014, as in 2022, armed aggression is an unprecedented shock, difficult to imagine. This shock, which disrupts everyday life, would also call for unprecedented action.​
In Russia in 2024, the invasion of the Kursk region comes in the 3rd year of the war, after a period of diffuse warfare, drone attacks, minor incursions and sporadic attacks on military sites. The shock would be there, but more diffuse? I don't know.​
2nd hypothesis: the perception of the state and the army.​
In 2014 in Ukraine, the population is convinced that the state and the army are weak and will not be able to resist. Citizens support the army and take the place of the state where it is (indeed) failing.​
On the Russian side, the glorification of the army and the media's portrayal of Russia's military and political power mean that the population expects protection from the state and believes that it is up to the army to defend them. Without interfering in this area themselves.​
The status of anti-terrorist operation helps to demobilize civilians: faced with "terrorists", all a civilian can do is cooperate with the forces of law and order, not take up arms himself. Not take up arms himself. (However, the war in the Donbass had the same status in Ukraine 🤔)​
3rd hypothesis: the brakes on self-organization.​
Years of repression against social movements and NGOs have made Russian citizens fearful of any form of self-organization, including patriotic ones. Even more so for anything involving the taking up of arms.​
Indeed, "pro-war patriots" such as Strelkov are in prison today, precisely for having shown a little too much autonomy and zeal in their desire to work for Russia's greatness. The Russians' fears may therefore be justified.​
Incidentally, I have the impression that the regional authorities are taking it easy when it comes to setting up their own self-defense units, even though they are authorized by law. Regional anti-drone units have been set up, but without going any further.​
I wonder if the local authorities aren't afraid of being perceived as Prigozhin, working alone, outside the state. The acting governor of the Kursk region was curtly rebuffed by Putin as soon as he ventured to talk about ? The military.​
I'm deliberately ruling out the hypothesis of opposition to the war or acceptance of the invasion. I'm also dismissing the idea that the Russian people have been "passive for centuries". Passivity is the result of a context, a perception and choices made by individuals and groups.​
In Russia, the context of controlling all forms of initiative and imposing the image of a powerful state has neutralized any possibility of mobilizing the population in defense of that state. Whereas the weakness of the Ukrainian state in 2014 had the opposite effect.​
(If the Russian state continues - for the time being - to pretend that nothing much is happening, it may also be because it fears that by issuing a general call for the defense of the homeland, it is taking the risk of finding that not many people are there to answer its call.)​
When I wrote in 2022 in my book Jamais frères? ("Never brothers?") that Russian and Ukrainian societies had followed divergent paths over the past 30 years, I was thinking in particular of the question of social movements and collective action.​
On the one hand, in Ukraine, collective action has continued in various forms. Crises and revolutions have given citizens the conviction that their actions can make a difference, but have also fostered a vision of a fragile state that needs to be replaced.​
On the other hand, in Russia, where political and social movements have been curbed over the past 20 years, solidarity has been structured solely around humanitarian aid or apolitical social projects. Where the dominant strategy is to let the state do its thing.​
The reaction to the armed incursion into the Kursk region tells us a lot about the population's attitude to war; much more than opinion polls on "support" for the war. What the Russians do NOT do is as important as what they do.​
What matters most in this story are perceptions. Perceptions of oneself, one's community, one's state, one's role. War can be a moment of rupture and transformation; it certainly is. This is happening in Russia as well as in Ukraine.​

Another aspect is that russians simply don't trust each other. Why would you organize in a militia with people you don't trust?
And of course, we know they are right not to trust each others, after all, nobody should ever trust a russian, not even another russian.

I’m reading a lot of articles right now, and there are some people in Russia who I think really understand the dire straits the economy is headed towards while there others that are, maybe in denial?

One person spoke as if things might slow down, maybe like their industry did in 2015 & 2016 but would ultimately be ok. They were relying on the expectation of big projects that the government said they were going to fund.

The problem is, the government may not be funding them.​

In addition, the labor force is shrinking, the transportation capacity is shrinking, cross border payments are difficult. All the things you need for growth are missing.​
I think some people are going to be in for a very rude awakening.​
In addition, Putin & Company is suggesting that they will fix many of the problems related to labor shortages through mechanization. But Russia lacks the capacity to mechanize, and doing much of that would require government subsidies which the government can’t afford​
I’m trying to think of a single example where Russia has successfully managed to import substitute. Even buying out foreign business that left hasn’t be that great. I don’t know…how did that Starbucks substitute turn out? Even the McDonald’s replacement isn’t as good.​
But substituting actuation industrial production? Not really?​
Even when you’re discussing things like software replacements, they just do not have the capacity to recreate those on their own, and much of the talent to do so left.​
One of the reasons they even said they were leaving was because they were worried that they would be left behind as Russia lost access to international standards of software and thus if they didn’t leave now, then later their skills would no longer be transferable.​
In addition, in an effort to keep inflation and prices low the government limited how much prices could rise on software. This means that one of the main means of attracting and keeping talent is stripped from the software companies.​
The government may have had OTHER incentives to keep people in the IT industry, but subsidies are drying up. Preferential mortgage programs have been changed to require the person to remain in approved field for the entire length of the mortgage.​
None of the things I am seeing are solving any of their problems, and I think some people are now beginning to see the truth, others are still in denial. I am curious to see what happens when the milestones when they believed things would improve pass them by.​

“The Russian government is discussing a seven-fold reduction in the production of civil aircraft, the Air Transport Review informs us, instead of 1,759 aircrafts: 994 airplanes and 765 helicopters they are proposing to produce only 235 airplanes and helicopters by 2030.​
Moreover, this reduction in “ambitious plans” is not just happening, but naturally “at the request of workers”, the substitute for which in modern times is reasoning that, supposedly, “there is no economically justified demand for the number of aircraft specified in the plans”, which was shown by some “independent” audit (independent from whom?).​
What can you say here? It is obvious that even the Ministry of the Shift to the Right could not fulfill its task no matter how hard it tried. Well, existing players just can't manage aircraft construction!​
Do you think anyone will be punished? Are you crazy! No one will be punished! Because our "management", even though everything falls out of their hands and they only step on rakes, is not punishable and not replaceable, but only rewarded and promoted. This is the law of life under neo-feudalism, what can you do.​
It is clear that the planes we will not build, we will just buy, for example from China and the "management" will not particularly need to work, and the personal gain of officials will be greater, and the country will again depend on a foreign uncle but who cares about that!​
You can even argue that an "independent audit" will show that there is "economically justified demand" for purchased planes, unlike homemade ones.​
By the way, producing 235 planes and helicopters is also a difficult task, and in a year it will become clear that it will not be possible to do more than 7-8 by 2030. And why not? If no failures are assessed on their merits, then everything is permitted.​
How many of these projects were there... They all started out well, but the executors turned out to be incapable of any business (except corruption and the like), embezzlement (and, accordingly, enrichment of those involved) reached such heights that the projects became indescribably expensive, deadlines were shifted endlessly, and ended in nothing. And even if they did end in something, then this something most of all resembled a Pyrrhic victory, no matter what branch of the "national economy" it occurred in. And no one ever got into trouble for it.​
Well, the President will scold, make a stern face... "And everything will repeat itself from the beginning"... Because it all benefits the "bosses" - those involved in any project get fantastically rich and make fabulous careers, and there are not fewer, but more projects: the old ones hang around, and new ones are invented...​
It would be fine - our distant ancestors already knew that "our country is rich, there is just no order", but… one terrible thought begins to torment you when you think about all this.​
What if SMO is the same ordinary "project" for the "bosses", like all the others, and "they wanted the best", but "something went wrong": and they don't know how to do anything, and they lost control, and embezzlement (and, accordingly, the enrichment of those involved) is off the charts, and, as usual, the deadlines are creeping further, striving for infinity...​
Reality turned out to be richer than the schemes, and it does not correspond at all to the original beautiful pictures. And most importantly, we are not alone in this project, we have an enemy, and what an enemy - the united West and the scoundrels use our mistakes to their advantage.​
But the "project" is a project, no one has repealed its laws, and we only know how to do this: "Don't shoot the pianist, he plays as best he can."​
As a result, "it will turn out as it always does." I mean, nothing will work out. And if victory is ours, it will be not thanks to, but in spite of. Can this happen, what do you think?”​

Another oil depot in Rostov is now burning, in solidarity with the Proletarsk one.