Ukraine - Russia Conflict

Yes sweetie , it's called maskirovka . Such tactics of deception play a huge part in Russian war plans . You should read up on it .

Allow me to school you a bit as I've been doing all along .

Armageddon in Stalingrad Volume 2 The Stalingrad Trilogy: September - November 1942 (Modern War Studies) Buy Armageddon in Stalingrad Volume 2 The Stalingrad Trilogy: September - November 1942 (Modern War Studies) Book Online at Low Prices in India | Armageddon in Stalingrad Volume 2 The Stalingrad Trilogy: September - November 1942 (Modern War Studies) Reviews & Ratings - Amazon.in

This here is an acclaimed book by an equally acclaimed author Col David Glantz who's a military historian of repute having established his reputation with a series of acclaimed award winning books on the Russian campaign during WW-II .

Do read at least one of them to get an idea of how the Russians fight & for your edification.

Btw , sweetie you posted this at 1:30 am on a Saturday night ??! What's the matter ? Couldn't get your bf to take you out clubbing or if you don't have one couldn't you hustle one from trailer park community to take you on a date or drive ?

Or are they all broke given the insane price rise in gas & food items & with it everything else including run down restaurants & discotheques you folks frequent. Blame it on Putin as Irish Joe does.

It breaks my heart to see young girls like you at home at this hour although your mum would be pleased for obvious reasons.

• Haha
Reactions: Innominate
Great. So even the French and Germans don't consider Ukraine a democracy. So it should be fine then.

As per them, the Ukrainians lack democracy and rule of law, which is why they were rejected from joining NATO.

So what you're basically saying is the Russians can't be controlled, that China would rather cut off relations with them and hurt themselves than keep buying cheap oil from them. Yeah, dude, the Chinese have very large bridges to sell to you.

Not really. I have never considered India to be a competitor to China in trade until like last year or two, since COVID. Mainly because we are now sure that China's gonna be isolated in the long term, with Western and other East Asian companies leaving China for India and ASEAN. So nothing to do with our own capabilites, but China merely being a victim of politics.

Doesn't matter who else will buy Russian oil, China and India will benefit a lot from discounted prices over the long term. India's oil imports are expected to double over the decade, so there's a lot of room for growth.

Think about the business opportunity India has. We buy oil with a $35 discount, and resell it at market price. Hell, all we gotta do is buy Russian oil and then sell it to all those countries that will suffer from oil originally supplied to them being diverted to Europe, and with say a $5 discount over the market price, possibly 50-60 countries. Do you realise how much hate the US will get from those countries if they try to stop that?

I don't think you understand the supply-demand dynamics of the oil sector. To control market prices, there is only finite output. If Russian oil gets unsold, and others raise to compensate for loss in supply, then a sudden surge in supply in the market due to China's purchase of the unsold oil will result in a massive drop in oil prices and destabilise suppliers, including American suppliers. So they won't willy-nilly raise output to compensate for the loss of Russian oil from the market. Simply put, the Russian oil has to go somewhere. If it's not Europe, it will simply go anywhere else. And the Russians can keep their output going for years, they have the money for it, and the other suppliers know it.

What's more likely to happen is once the war is over, the sanctions will be rolled back, at least enough to keep Russian oil and gas flowing into Europe. The only real change will be a faster transition to renewables globally, not just in Europe.

Yeah, dude, given your understanding of the oil market, you surely know what you're talking about. :rolleyes:

There is no elsewhere. No one is retarded enough to increase output with Russian oil around.

What you're hoping Europe will do is impossible. Neither can China replace Russian oil overnight. Anything you wanna do needs years. And I really mean years. In the oil industry, the supplier is king.
France and Germany do consider it a democracy. That's why Russia is sanctioned by the EU.

That's because parts of their country were still occupied and there was still concerns about lingering corruption (not as bad as Putin's Russia though, not nearly). India would probably receive the same criticism judged to the same standards. But the fact is their elections were monitored by international observers. Russians disguised as rebels prevented the Donbass from using polling stations during the elections.

China would rather hurt themselves than be controlled by Russian threats. And like I said, if Russia could afford to cut off Europe's gas it would. It certainly can't cut off Europe and China's gas.

We'll have this same discussion again in another 10 years.

It really does matter. A valuable commodity is no good if you have no customers. US, Canada, Europe, Australia, China are about 2/3rds of global consumption. The rest is a deflection from the subject we were discussing, which was, Russia cannot afford to cut of China's gas and China could afford it even if they did. As long as Russia can't get the full price it's a win.

There will be no lifting of sanctions until all Russian forces are gone from Ukraine. It isn't their country and that's how international law works. Ukraine was not a dictatorship that was torturing and gassing its own people, or plotting terror attacks, Russia has zero right nor excuse to be there.

Well, why is Europe paying a higher price too then?

Other factors at play, Russia sold to India for 35% discount, so clearly other producers might increase production due to incentives, especially those annoyed with Russian-supported and Iranian backed insurgencies. Who will buy from Russia after 2024 when Europe has cut ties if Russia tried to stop Chinese supplies? Like I said, it would already have stopped European supplies if it could.

2024 is the date. After that China pretty much own Russia because it will be their only friend large enough to matter.
Merkel is a highly suspect character due to her position in the Agit Prop department of the East German government. That should have pretty much disqualified her from holding her current position on its own. This war could have been prevented by the EU taking a tougher stance sooner.

There's clearly no love for Russia in Eastern Europe though, especially Poland, after 50 years of occupation and oppression from 1939-1989. This is why when people try argue that there's a large pro-Russian movement in Ukraine that I know it's BS.

Last edited:
I love the dates being tossed around here .

Initially 2022 was supposed to be a happening year according to a certain section out here which it is , don't get me wrong but just not in the way that particular section saw it .

Now Paddy's come up with a new date - 2024 . Let's see what happens in 2024 apart from Paddy getting operated for his prostrate or knee replacement or both .

As an ancient Chinese curse goes - We live in interesting times .

• Haha
They prioritised their own people for vaccinations. Who wouldn't? That's like asking why don't they pay for India's healthcare before their own.
you missed the big point "US already had more than enough MRNA shots for US population and not a single dose of Astra Zeneca was given inside US geographical boundaries to US citizens." Please correct me if wrong. It's called hoarding in this part of world where such medicines are scarcely available.

By same logic, Germany (and many countries of Europe by m large) kept importing huge quantity of Russian petro products despite Crimea under Russian occupation and US, UK and other Western world kept looking the other way!

I am neither proponent of Russian annexation of Crimea first and then parts of Ukraine, nor I am a proponent of western world including UK/US double edged expansionist & predatory policies in the garb of bringing freedom to "not so western" world countries and people on the basis of lies and doctored truths.

The way I denounce the attack of western world on developing and 3rd world countries, se way I denounce the Russian occupation and attack on Ukraine as well. This is my personal view and from where I see the world out there.

Your narrative attempts to explain the Russian failure to seize Kiev by the idea of a diversionary manoeuvre from the main objective, the Donbass. This attempt is explained by the need to resolve a cognitive dissonance. When one is convinced that the Russians are very strong and/or one wishes they were, one has to find a satisfactory explanation for what is merely a huge failure. Even the defeat of Dien Bien Phu was presented by some as a great success because so many Viet-Minh forces had been fixed and worn down.

This is obviously totally contradicted by the facts. One does not divert the majority of one's forces while not attacking the initial objective. Or one does it with the certainty of being able to move its forces towards the main objective much faster than the opponent after having attracted the enemy towards the decoy.

In this case, five Russian armies and a good part of the airborne forces were stationed throughout the north of the country, while Ukrainian forces did not move much from the Donbass. In the end, when the attacks in the Donbass began, it was the Russian forces that were insufficient, except for the Mariupol region.
One generally doesn't get 15,000 troops killed in a month to create a diversion either.

FPXncPzWUAkvAy1
Interesting, slightly different from this one.

1648981865179.png

Russia helped us when rest of the educated Western world allied with a military regime to oppress people from the region. Yes Russia isn't very dependable partner military/intelligence wise now as it was back in those days, so should we turn our back towards them? Yes they have made terrible mistake by occupying a territory with full of people who are against it. That shouldn't have happened. We aren't in that region to make any impact except deploying forces for peacekeeping if both sides agreed, have they?

On the other hand we see Germany, France, Turkey and many other Western world countries looking after their interests and we should sacrifice ours just because somebody can have a good night sleep. Countries can't deal with Russia on soft terms, either you go full in or you don't go at all. I see many countries acting like bullies but when it comes to direct military action, they do 180 degree turn and head to safer waters!😒

you missed the big point "US already had more than enough MRNA shots for US population and not a single dose of Astra Zeneca was given inside US geographical boundaries to US citizens." Please correct me if wrong. It's called hoarding in this part of world where such medicines are scarcely available.

By same logic, Germany (and many countries of Europe by m large) kept importing huge quantity of Russian petro products despite Crimea under Russian occupation and US, UK and other Western world kept looking the other way!

I am neither proponent of Russian annexation of Crimea first and then parts of Ukraine, nor I am a proponent of western world including UK/US double edged expansionist & predatory policies in the garb of bringing freedom to "not so western" world countries and people on the basis of lies and doctored truths.

The way I denounce the attack of western world on developing and 3rd world countries, se way I denounce the Russian occupation and attack on Ukraine as well. This is my personal view and from where I see the world out there.
I don't know if you've noticed but there's been a need for 2 boosters since, so that might have been the reason. And the EU had similar rules on vaccines too in the early days.

You're probably talking about Iraq. The story is that an inside man wanted asylum but they wanted him to keep observing, so he told them Iraq was developing WMDs to get asylum. Don't know if that was true or not but then again Saddam Hussein was a criminal of the worst kind, and the end result of the conflict now is a democratic Iraq and Saddam Hussein hung by his own people. It was a huge waste of lives and resources but Iraq's future will be better for it.

Russia's invasion of a democracy, nothing good can possibly come of that.

Russia helped us when rest of the educated Western world allied with a military regime to oppress people from the region. Yes Russia isn't very dependable partner military/intelligence wise now as it was back in those days, so should we turn our back towards them? Yes they have made terrible mistake by occupying a territory with full of people who are against it. That shouldn't have happened. We aren't in that region to make any impact except deploying forces for peacekeeping if both sides agreed, have they?

On the other hand we see Germany, France, Turkey and many other Western world countries looking after their interests and we should sacrifice ours just because somebody can have a good night sleep. Countries can't deal with Russia on soft terms, either you go full in or you don't go at all. I see many countries acting like bullies but when it comes to direct military action, they do 180 degree turn and head to safer waters!😒
Therein lies the problem of nuclear proliferation. If Russia didn't have ~2,000 nuclear warheads, this war would already be over, and Russia would be booted from Ukraine.

• Haha
Reactions: _Anonymous_
I don't know if you've noticed but there's been a need for 2 boosters since, so that might have been the reason. And the EU had similar rules on vaccines too in the early days.

You're probably talking about Iraq. The story is that an inside man wanted asylum but they wanted him to keep observing, so he told them Iraq was developing WMDs to get asylum. Don't know if that was true or not but then again Saddam Hussein was a criminal of the worst kind, and the end result of the conflict now is a democratic Iraq and Saddam Hussein hung by his own people. It was a huge waste of lives and resources but Iraq's future will be better for it.

Therein lies the problem of nuclear proliferation. If Russia didn't have ~2,000 nuclear warheads, this war would already be over, and Russia would be booted from Ukraine.
Screenshot_20220403_161622.jpg

What do you think this is, double speak by Western world?

Here's another gem from the weekly Irish Intelligence Review . No it isn't satire . It's just penned by an Irishman , hence it comes across as one .

• Haha

Original link/source please?

I am not sharing Indian website address as this could be interpreted biased on my part being an Indian...

I am not sharing Indian website address as this could be interpreted biased on my part being an Indian...
Poor Paddy thinks the world's Irish & Irish Joe is just as stupid as any other Irish which he is , don't get me wrong. Fortunately for the US the rest of his administration isn't Irish.

This is what I call the after effects of the Irishification of the western media & it's audiences. Eventually they begin to believe their own lies & indulge in self delusion . But who's going to tell Paddy that.

@BMD

• Haha
Finally Whitehouse link accepting Russian oil delivery from secondary source instead of primary source. Just like India and Pakistan dealing economically via Middle East, preferably Dubai. On paper we don't deal economically!

But, as the President said, Russian oil coming off the global market would come with a cost, and Americans are seeing that at the pump.

Finally Whitehouse link accepting Russian oil delivery from secondary source instead of primary source. Just like India and Pakistan dealing economically via Middle East, preferably Dubai. On paper we don't deal economically!

But, as the President said, Russian oil coming off the global market would come with a cost, and Americans are seeing that at the pump.
Benefits of having an Irishman as the president , Paddy. @BMD

• Haha