Ukraine - Russia Conflict

Russia cannot win this war without delivering a decisive blow to the Ukrainian forces. As of now, Ukrainian Military is holding really well. After the 1st 5 days of war, Russian forces are not making any significant gains and even taking small villages require weeks of fighting. They don't even have air superiority and they are incapable of attaining air superiority at this point. Few months from now, hundreds of thousands of new Ukrainian recruits will join the fight, armed with western weaponry & training.

Unless Russia win this eastern offensive and encircle Ukrainian forces in the Donbass, they are going to loose the war.

I doubt the Russians plan to fight a long war, they are using limited number of troops, after all, and they plan to keep it that way. They haven't used their air force either, so there was not a lot of air superiority missions happening anyway.

There's also the question of whether the Ukrainians will escalate. Reinforcing existing units in Donbas should be fine, but if new units step into Donbas, we do not really know to what extent the Russians will be pushed to respond. There was originally talk of the Russians levelling cities, but that's probably the last option.

I guess the answers will come soon.

No one is important here for this special operation, we are all observers and our opinion can be overlooked.

Now , after 2 months Ukraine conflict has become irrelevant to the World population
at large . Only Ukranians are suffering

Russia is in No hurry to force a surrender

They will go slowly as in Syria and Chechnya

Just as USA was condemned for Iraq Invasion , in 2003 and then people forgot about it
very soon , here too people have stopped bothering about Ukraine

People of Every country are concerned only with Inflation and The Economy

I guess Covid devastation has made people immune to others' Suffering

Sanctions might remain but given the mood of Europeans , there is every likelihood
of Even Europeans doing banned Business with Russia

American statements against Russia look like a
Case of Hatred and Grudges against Russia

• Agree
Reactions: Bali78
I doubt the Russians plan to fight a long war, they are using limited number of troops, after all, and they plan to keep it that way. They haven't used their air force either, so there was not a lot of air superiority missions happening anyway.

There's also the question of whether the Ukrainians will escalate. Reinforcing existing units in Donbas should be fine, but if new units step into Donbas, we do not really know to what extent the Russians will be pushed to respond. There was originally talk of the Russians levelling cities, but that's probably the last option.

Give it up dude. They've even been taking out restaurants.

They're losing way too many men and equipment to still keep pretending that they're holding back. Welcome to real warfare. They're already fighting a war that's lasted a lot longer than was planned and you should know by now that occupations are difficult even when you allow the occupied country to vote on their own leader. If you try and force your presence and edict, you're in for trouble, especially when you've only partially occupied the country. The idea is idiotic and it will just cost and cost and cost until Putin gives up. The idea that the Ukrainian military will somehow forget they've been invaded one day is ridiculous. Putin needs to cut his losses before they grow even further.

In other news.

No one is important here for this special operation, we are all observers and our opinion can be overlooked.

Yes, it's the default setting for everybody here. But this war will affect our quality of life. Europe will be able to buy out of it, but India and most of the world cannot. So we need the Russians to achieve all their objectives quickly and do so only once. You guys can go back to waging war on small and irrelevant countries after that.

Now , after 2 months Ukraine conflict has become irrelevant to the World population
at large . Only Ukranians are suffering

Russia is in No hurry to force a surrender

They will go slowly as in Syria and Chechnya

Just as USA was condemned for Iraq Invasion , in 2003 and then people forgot about it
very soon , here too people have stopped bothering about Ukraine

People of Every country are concerned only with Inflation and The Economy

I guess Covid devastation has made people immune to others' Suffering

Sanctions might remain but given the mood of Europeans , there is every likelihood
of Even Europeans doing banned Business with Russia

American statements against Russia look like a
Case of Hatred and Grudges against Russia
The Syrian Civil War hasn't even ended yet, people just stopped talking about it. And Russia had the support of the country's incumbent government there, so entirely different.

People haven't forgotten in most places at all. Certainly not the people issuing sanctions.

Believe me, that's not likely, the support for sanctions is huge in the EU.

What should their opinion be when Russia invades a democracy, for a second time? It's simply about right from wrong. There's simply no way of considering Russia to be in the right.

Yes, it's the default setting for everybody here. But this war will affect our quality of life. Europe will be able to buy out of it, but India and most of the world cannot. So we need the Russians to achieve all their objectives quickly and do so only once. You guys can go back to waging war on small and irrelevant countries after that.
What you need is for them to fail spectacularly only once and for Putin to be ousted, because sanctions won't end any other way.

For the moment the Russian offensive is working well

Sanctioned Russian tycoon publicly rips Putin's 'crazy war' in Ukraine and calls those who support the invasion 'morons'​

Rebecca Cohen
Tue, April 19, 2022, 3:38 PM

1650383753832.png

Russian banking tycoon Oleg Tinkov in 2019OLGA MALTSEVA/AFP via Getty Images
  • A sanctioned Russian millionaire ripped Putin's "crazy war" in Ukraine on Tuesday.
  • Oleg Tinkov called Russians who support the war with the "Z" symbol "morons" in an Instagram post that also criticized the military.
  • Tinkov, the founder of Tinkoff Bank, was personally sanctioned by the UK on March 24.
Sanctioned Russian millionaire Oleg Tinkov ripped Russian President Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine, a rare public criticism by a Russian elite.

"I don't see ANY beneficiary of this crazy war! Innocent people and soldiers are dying," Tinkov in an Instagram post shared Tuesday,

He said that Russian generals are realizing they have a "shitty army."

What you need is for them to fail spectacularly only once and for Putin to be ousted, because sanctions won't end any other way.

And then what, turn London into a hole?

Putin's not going anywhere, and if he does, it's after taking out the West. Russia isn't Ukraine for you to go about doing regime changes willy nilly.

And I already told ya, it has nothing to do with Putin, it's all about Russia itself, no matter who's in power.

And then what, turn London into a hole?

Putin's not going anywhere, and if he does, it's after taking out the West. Russia isn't Ukraine for you to go about doing regime changes willy nilly.

And I already told ya, it has nothing to do with Putin, it's all about Russia itself, no matter who's in power.
I was implying that his own people or generals would oust him, because Russia's future is destroyed whilst he sits in the Kremlin.

I don't believe that to be the case. It's the work of a few individuals', either due to paranoia, or expansionist plans. Either way, the sanctions won't end whilst Russia occupies Ukraine.

I was implying that his own people or generals would oust him, because Russia's future is destroyed whilst he sits in the Kremlin.

I don't believe that to be the case. It's the work of a few individuals', either due to paranoia, or expansionist plans. Either way, the sanctions won't end whilst Russia occupies Ukraine.

This Putin's paranoia tale is just a crappy propaganda story from the West to fool sheep. It's a national decision for Russia.

Russia's considered to not have a future by the West as long as it exists, it literally has nothing to do with Putin. I can't believe the kinda stupid stories sheep fall for so easily.

Whether Russians "plan" to fight long is irrelevant now. American's also didn't planned to fight 20 years in Afghanistan, but they were forced to. Russia can't just say "it was all a prank bro" and it won't convince Ukrainians to stop fighting for their land. If Russia want to win this war, they have to decisively defeat Ukranian forces in the field. As of now, that decisive blow is not delivered.

This Putin's paranoia tale is just a crappy propaganda story from the West to fool sheep. It's a national decision for Russia.

Russia's considered to not have a future by the West as long as it exists, it literally has nothing to do with Putin. I can't believe the kinda stupid stories sheep fall for so easily.
That really wasn't the case, the EU were trading with Russia and were very reluctant to stop, Putin had to try very hard to achieve that.

That's complete garbage, the existence of Russia doesn't bother anyone as long as it stays in Russia. You keep coming up with soundbites to cover-up for the fact that Russia invaded Ukraine.
Whether Russians "plan" to fight long is irrelevant now. American's also didn't planned to fight 20 years in Afghanistan, but they were forced to. Russia can't just say "it was all a prank bro" and it won't convince Ukrainians to stop fighting for their land. If Russia want to win this war, they have to decisively defeat Ukranian forces in the field. As of now, that decisive blow is not delivered.
If such blows existed, Afghanistan wouldn't have lasted 20 years and the Syrian Civil War wouldn't still be going. You have to also remember that the initial displacement of the Taliban was easy and quick, whereas this isn't even close to quick. The speed is similar to trench warfare.

You could thermonuclear saturation bomb a country but that leaves nothing worth having anyway.

Last edited:
Nationalists is what they call Nazis.
No. Like I said earlier, Nazis are a very specific breed of nationalist. Even the BJP is described as a Hindu Nationalist Party otherwise. The SNP in Scotland in the UK is a nationalist party. Nazis are ultra-nationalists and a defining trait is a hatred of Jews. By branding a group with Jewish members as Nazis, rather than ultra-nationalists, Putin made a fool of himself.