Ukraine - Russia Conflict

I don't know about that, but they are certainly not doing so great.
They are doing worse than anyone could have imagined. I literally thought the Russians could atleast take atleast half of Ukraine uptill Mariupol and beyond and even connect upto transnistria. But it's just one blunder after another. From the failed vdv landings to basically leaving functioning equipment instead of setting up defences. This conflict is up there with middle eastern militias and african warlord tier in terms of tactics and attitude. The Russians didn't expose their equipment rather they barely even used it in the war. The Russians can only do Tank races and tank Olympics with their tanks. They have just had a joke of a war. The Russian military is too corrupt to fight a war. I don't know if we have any historic case of something being so dysfunctional.
It's like they have forgotten combined arms warfare, the way they have fought. The only thing that has performed well is russian artillery and their limited drone usage. Rest the whole war has been one weird blunder after another. I won't be surprised if the Chinese are equally as bad as them.

• Agree
Reactions: BMD
@Innominate, @Picdelamirand-oil, @Bon Plan, @Lolwa, @Hydra

Would it be fair to say that Ukraine has air superiority right now? Perhaps not by much, but even so.
It's contested air space. The question is where are the s-400's and why are they so ineffective suddenly. The Ukrainians don't have any electronic warfare capabilities to mask their signature in any way. So how are they hitting targets with their mig-29's with such ease. Although I understand that AGM-88 is being fired from stand off distances and taking of non-crucial ad assets for now.

They are doing worse than anyone could have imagined. I literally thought the Russians could atleast take atleast half of Ukraine uptill Mariupol and beyond and even connect upto transnistria. But it's just one blunder after another. From the failed vdv landings to basically leaving functioning equipment instead of setting up defences. This conflict is up there with middle eastern militias and african warlord tier in terms of tactics and attitude. The Russians didn't expose their equipment rather they barely even used it in the war. The Russians can only do Tank races and tank Olympics with their tanks. They have just had a joke of a war. The Russian military is too corrupt to fight a war. I don't know if we have any historic case of something being so dysfunctional.
It's like they have forgotten combined arms warfare, the way they have fought. The only thing that has performed well is russian artillery and their limited drone usage. Rest the whole war has been one weird blunder after another. I won't be surprised if the Chinese are equally as bad as them.
I've think they've irreversibly damaged their conventional deterrence, because before this war people (myself included) thought their military was a lot stronger. They should certainly have spent more time genuinely training rather than firing off impressive rocket artillery barrages as a substitute for it.

China-Taiwan is a different kettle of fish. It would not be so easy to supply Taiwan during a war, but Taiwan is far better prepared from the off and China's invasion task is far harder due to the 100 miles of water in between. Enough air defence and anti-ship weapons of all sizes could prevent the Chinese even landing.

It's contested air space. The question is where are the s-400's and why are they so ineffective suddenly. The Ukrainians don't have any electronic warfare capabilities to mask their signature in any way. So how are they hitting targets with their mig-29's with such ease. Although I understand that AGM-88 is being fired from stand off distances and taking of non-crucial ad assets for now.
I'm not sure the Ukrainians have no jamming capabilities. Ukraine has proved pretty adept at producing its own tech.

There was also talk of giving them Reapers with a pod.

We just poured our 40k crore rupees on a junk, we could have purchase minimum 3 squadrons of Rafale with that money.

“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”​

― G.K. Chesterton

The Ukrainians have good morale because they're fighting to defend their country against a brutal oppressor. The Russians have bad morale because they don't know what they're doing in there in the first place, so they're only preoccupied with raping and pillaging and then going home with their loot. They don't give a shit about Putin's goals. Why would they love "what's behind them"? What's behind them is a corrupt, oppressive Hellhole ruled by a corrupt, oppressive *sshole.

The Ukrainian Air Force showed footage of the landing of Ukrainian fighters on the highway.

The crew of the Russian airborne combat vehicle BMD-4M showed their combat work and told the tactics of the Ukrainian army units. The armament of the BMD-4M is a 100 mm 2A70 cannon, a 30 mm 2A72 automatic cannon and a 7.62 caliber PKMT machine gun.

Footage of an attempted offensive by Ukrainian troops in Pisky, this is the Donetsk region. In the video, the battle and attack of Ukraine by the forces of a motorized infantry platoon of three BMP-2s supported by two T-72B tanks. After the destruction of one of the Ukrainian T-72Bs by Russian artillery and grenade launchers, Ukrainian units began to retreat.

1663047790366.png

• Haha
Reactions: BMD
We just poured our 40k crore rupees on a junk, we could have purchase minimum 3 squadrons of Rafale with that money.
No we couldn't the s-400 isn't junk. This is entirely russian incompetence playing out.

“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”​

― G.K. Chesterton

The Ukrainians have good morale because they're fighting to defend their country against a brutal oppressor. The Russians have bad morale because they don't know what they're doing in there in the first place, so they're only preoccupied with raping and pillaging and then going home with their loot. They don't give a shit about Putin's goals. Why would they love "what's behind them"? What's behind them is a corrupt, oppressive Hellhole ruled by a corrupt, oppressive *sshole.
I would say that's also because the Russians don't have any clear objectives on what to do. It's a special military operation to de-nazify Ukraine. What does it actually mean?? What do the Russians actually want to achieve in Ukraine. I don't think even the Russian high command knows.